Objectivists board room
Nov 22, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #4,156 of 4,545
I want some, my ferrite beads don't look cool like that. but first I'll have to purchase cables with big ass plugs apparently. I'm guessing that's how you really know you're part of the elite, when the smaller setting for the cable clamp is garden hose size.
I always carry my own cable with a big ass plug. Looks like the clamp’s ability to keep large cables off the floor may come in handy when I visit the bathroom.

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #4,157 of 4,545
I laughed. I shouldn't admit it, but I have no self esteem.

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #4,162 of 4,545
If you plug your Mr Coffee into their outlet it becomes an espresso machine!

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #4,164 of 4,545
Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #4,167 of 4,545
95QNILiE6J-2000x2000.png

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #4,168 of 4,545
I discovered a new frequency range in my system that needs adjusting and it's an odd one. Last night after Thanksgiving dinner we all sat down in the theater and watched an episode of Murder in Mind, a BBC TV series from the late 80s. Every once in a while, I would hear a short high pitched squeal followed by several more of them. Like beep.... beep..beep..beep. It's so high it's on the edge of my hearing, so I'm figuring it is around 17kHz. I'm guessing this is some alert for the TV engineers to get ready to cut to a commercial, but it was hard to tell because there were no commercial breaks on the DVD. I've never paid attention much to my EQ above 14-15kHz because it didn't seem to matter much. I just left it flat. But I'm going to have to go back in and do a super high frequency roll off at the top. The funny part is afterwards I asked if anyone else heard it and no one did. Very odd. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it audible on broadcast?

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #4,169 of 4,545
I discovered a new frequency range in my system that needs adjusting and it's an odd one. Last night after Thanksgiving dinner we all sat down in the theater and watched an episode of Murder in Mind, a BBC TV series from the late 80s. Every once in a while, I would hear a short high pitched squeal followed by several more of them. Like beep.... beep..beep..beep. It's so high it's on the edge of my hearing, so I'm figuring it is around 17kHz. I'm guessing this is some alert for the TV engineers to get ready to cut to a commercial, but it was hard to tell because there were no commercial breaks on the DVD. I've never paid attention much to my EQ above 14-15kHz because it didn't seem to matter much. I just left it flat. But I'm going to have to go back in and do a super high frequency roll off at the top. The funny part is afterwards I asked if anyone else heard it and no one did. Very odd. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it audible on broadcast?

So you have the DVD? I think you need to avail yourself of some fair-use to isolate the sound.

Nov 25, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #4,170 of 4,545
I definately have an imbalance there. Tonight I watched a sixties movie with a scene of a tv broadcast and they had the squeal as a sound effect indicating a TV was on. It was way too loud. That's my project for tomorrow

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back