O2 AMP + ODAC
Nov 19, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #3,661 of 5,671
Thanks for the info Jacob. My O2 is from Head'n'Hifi and I'm pretty sure it's just printed on. I'll try and find some rubbing alcohol and give it a bash. There's nothing to lose as I'll never sell my O2 or ODAC, they're far too good to lose.

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #3,662 of 5,671
  My new Samurai X themed O2+ODAC from JDS Labs. The free engraving turns out to be great. I didn't expect it would cover the whole area on the top.

Very cool how the image goes over the top grooves on the casing, and how the grooves work with the symmetry in the image. 

I had one engraved by JDS Labs as well, and it's beautiful. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #3,663 of 5,671

I'd quite like to remove the screenprinting on my O2 & ODAC. Does anyone know a way to do this without damaging the faceplate? Rubbing alcohol perhaps?

Thanks for the info Jacob. My O2 is from Head'n'Hifi and I'm pretty sure it's just printed on. I'll try and find some rubbing alcohol and give it a bash. There's nothing to lose as I'll never sell my O2 or ODAC, they're far too good to lose.

We have inventory of scratch-and-dent endplates which have not been engraved. Send a picture of the plate you need via email or PM and we'll hook you up (no cost)!

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #3,664 of 5,671

We have inventory of scratch-and-dent endplates which have not been engraved. Send a picture of the plate you need via email or PM and we'll hook you up (no cost)!

Colour me blown away! This is a very nice offer John. This is the second time I've written this out because I initially thought my O2 was different in having a 6.3mm output on the front panel. Then I checked your site and I see that you do a 'Custom' version with this same output.

Still, I'm in Scotland and the postage wouldn't be worth your while. The kindness is noted though and I won't hesitate to send any business I can your way. Actually, I do anyway. I've always admired your company philosophy.

Here's a photo of my O2 / ODAC to demonstrate just how unobtrusive they can be in the desktop environment. I'm turning into an evangelist :wink:

Paint tins as monitor stands? Indeed, made of plastic and filled with gravel from the driveway. Simple & free.

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #3,665 of 5,671
you've fooled us for years zorro, but now I see on the pics that your solid state love was only propaganda.
 you busted yourself, we can all see the big glowing tube at the top of your audio system!

biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #3,666 of 5,671
Lol, according to my wife I'm the big glowing tube :)

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #3,667 of 5,671
Would it be possible for the O2 to be balanced considering it's design? Is the design inherently SE? Is there a good reason the designer made it SE aside from cost issues?

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #3,668 of 5,671
If you read his blogs he mentions that to him there is no real need for a balanced amp in terms of sound quality etc... compared to an SE amp. Also the added cost and parts is basically against what he was trying to do etc..

That said a balanced O2 "type" amp could be made.

Alex

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #3,670 of 5,671
  If you read his blogs he mentions that to him there is no real need for a balanced amp in terms of sound quality etc... compared to an SE amp. Also the added cost and parts is basically against what he was trying to do etc..

That said a balanced O2 "type" amp could be made.

Alex

Thanks.

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #3,671 of 5,671
Silly question. Can I unplug the battery from my standalone O2 so that it will only run through the AC adapter I'm using? I'm currently am using the O2 as my desktop amp and not planning to use it for portable use. Sorry if it has been answered before.

EDIT: Used the search button and stumbled upon this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/616331/o2-amp-odac/3480#post_10932475 . So I'm guessing that it CAN be used without batteries, then?

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #3,672 of 5,671
Silly question. Can I unplug the battery from my standalone O2 so that it will only run through the AC adapter I'm using? I'm currently am using the O2 as my desktop amp and not planning to use it for portable use. Sorry if it has been answered before.

EDIT: Used the search button and stumbled upon this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/616331/o2-amp-odac/3480#post_10932475 . So I'm guessing that it CAN be used without batteries, then?
Why do you need to remove the batteries? You'll need it when you used the money for electricity to buy another HP...:D

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #3,673 of 5,671

You can use it without batteries, but I dunno why you would want to remove the portable functionality. 

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #3,674 of 5,671
  You can use it without batteries, but I dunno why you would want to remove the portable functionality. 

Might be an incorrect statement, but wouldn't connecting the O2 power adapter even after the battery is full might damage the battery? Kinda like leaving a phone charged even after the battery is full. Of course, this is just my assumption.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #3,675 of 5,671
  Might be an incorrect statement, but wouldn't connecting the O2 power adapter even after the battery is full might damage the battery? Kinda like leaving a phone charged even after the battery is full. Of course, this is just my assumption.

Negative, there is a charging circuit in anything that uses rechargable batteries to prevent this from happening. At least, anything that is well designed.. Same thing goes for your phone, except there may be a circuit in the charger as well as the phone in that case. Designers anticipate this problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back