NYC mini-mini Meet at Immtbiker's
Jan 27, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #226 of 273
OH man the Coda/Overture versus the AOS flute - the Portable Brownie table just got alot more interesting!

Jan 28, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #227 of 273
Has anybody heard from Meech, lately.
He has not posted since January 2nd, and didn't answer my PM. I hope he is alright.

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #228 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
OH man the Coda/Overture versus the AOS flute - the Portable Brownie table just got alot more interesting!

Since I'm so overloaded with stuff to burn in, Lan is helping me by continuing the Flute burn. I'll bet he'll start conducting the symphony tonight!

There are already a few products present and past similarly-named, but is this the start of an expanding trend of equipment being named for music and musical instruments? Piccolo, Flute, Coda, Overture ... Quartetto cables ... Cello Pallette ... Grado Sonata ... Symphony No. 1 Amp ... some more, but not all that many.

How about: Concerto Grosso? Harp? Lyre? Viola d'Amore? Stradivarius? Guagnieri? Crumhorn? Sacbut? Shawm? Oboe/English Horn/Bassoon/Contra-Bassoon? Clavichord? Dulcimer? Partita? Suite? Etude? Rondo? Chaconne? PDQBach? Left-handed Sewer Flute? etc. etc. and so forth. Sounds nice. Maybe that would inspire engineers to make audio equipment sound more musical.

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #229 of 273
bozebuttons, is it feasible to fashion a HE60 to KGSS adaptor in 2 days? Probably not.... but thought I'd ask anyway.
tongue.gif
I think it'll be sad with HEV70.

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #230 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
bozebuttons, is it feasible to fashion a HE60 to KGSS adaptor in 2 days? Probably not.... but thought I'd ask anyway.
tongue.gif
I think it'll be sad with HEV70.

I know someone who can bring one
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #231 of 273
a baby orpheus? dangit this is a full blown meet let's not fool ourselves! I declare it the "PDQBach MiniMeet!"

Jan 28, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #232 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
I know someone who can bring one
smily_headphones1.gif

Sweet! I forget, this KGSS has two outputs right?

orphsmile.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #233 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Sweet! I forget, this KGSS has two outputs right?

orphsmile.gif

Tom's has one Stax output and one HE-90 output. Mine only has one Stax output. The HE-60 adaptor is for a Stax jack.

Jan 28, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #234 of 273
Hey guys. How's everyone been ????
I haven't been here in a few weeks so I'm totally lost on what's going on.

Anyway, is anyone taking public transportation from Manhattan. Maybe we could hook up and ride out together. Let me know.

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:09 PM Post #235 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by meech
Hey guys. How's everyone been ????
I haven't been here in a few weeks so I'm totally lost on what's going on.

Anyway, is anyone taking public transportation from Manhattan. Maybe we could hook up and ride out together. Let me know.

Belated Happy New Year!

Jahn, Lan and I will meet as follows:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
let's totally do this - we can save on cab fare when we are there! plus the portable meet can start early...

anyhow we can all meet up at the underground Penn Station McDonalds next to the LIRR tix booths, does that sound about right? it's right next to where i pop out of the 1/9 subway.

Looks like we didn't fix an exact time.

Hey Jahn & Lan ... pick a time!

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #236 of 273
Sadly, Drew's Super Maxi Moy Signature will have to be scratched from the meet! When it arrived at my office yesterday afternoon, either the amp or the ELPAC PS was defective and both promptly burned out, along with a couple of 9Vs when I tried it without the PS at home last night. I only got to hear it for a few seconds -- it sounded really weird and died quickly.

The Super Mini Moy sounds better than the one I heard (briefly) at the Nov. NYC meet. The Ascent Signature is very different than Drew's other amps. Very big sound and sound space, very warm sound (don't yet know if it's had any burn in...).

None of the pieces he sent looked distressed, but the outer box did look like it had been severely trounced! Perhaps something in the amp was jostled severely enough for a couple of bare metal points to touch and short? In an case it was really hot and smelled like burned components. Lucky the batteries didn't explode!

Sincerest sympathy to Drew for the strange demise of Maxi!

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #237 of 273
Wow that sucks. Good thing it didn't blow up.

Timetable
Penn -> Bayside (weekend schedule)

These are the two options departing Penn arrive Bayside:

11:22 am11:49 am
12:22 pm12:49 pm

11:49 too early for Aaron?

--lan

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #238 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Wow that sucks. Good thing it didn't blow up.

Timetable
Penn -> Bayside (weekend schedule)

These are the two options departing Penn arrive Bayside:

11:22 am11:49 am
12:22 pm12:49 pm

11:49 too early for Aaron?

--lan

Hmm yeah probably it makes sense to ariive around 1pm - so let's meet up at Mickey D's at noon so we can catch the 12:22 train. i'll be arriving a bit earlier just to score tix for myself and i'll see you all there!

Jan 28, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #239 of 273
True but there is a lot of gear and things like tables to move and such. It might not make sense for 1 or 2 people to do that which would prolong setup time. And there's also the warm up time on the gear since it's freezing outside. All of which might shorten actual audition time.

Aaron, let us know what may work best.

Jan 28, 2005 at 11:03 PM Post #240 of 273
Taking the 12:22 would be fine. It would get you to my house at 1:00, no problem. We have 5 hours. We can go back to listening after we fill our bellies at 5pm. I won't kick anyone out at 6 (like Mr. Clean did, in November).

I have a lot of things to do in the a.m.
basshead.gif

LIRR guys...Make sure you buy your tickets in the station...they charge a fee on the train. And get round trip tickets, they are cheaper (so you can spend the money on more gear).

Looking forward to seeing all my "same-interest/passion" friends, again before May.

Off topic:
Do we have a place for May?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back