NYC mini-mini Meet at Immtbiker's
Jan 26, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #211 of 273
I have a (Monster Standard THX) 4-foot Toslink-Toslink optical cable and a (Ratshack) Toslink-to-miniplug adapter (which seems to work well enough), with the Flute's jumper set for Optical in. The jumper can be set for digital in also.

If anyone has better quality Toslink (Quartz/glass) cable(s) that would be appreciated.

Jan 26, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #212 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
What's your dram of choice?

With all the gear I'll be totin' via public transit, I not sure I can successfully carry sippin' glasses without smashin' 'em. I could try, unless Aaron's got some good sippin' glasses?

My standard is the Macallan 12. I'll throw some in with my gear
biggrin.gif
The Macallan is a very well balanced, but sometimes I like something a little more peaty. That's where the Highland Park comes in. I have a bottle of the 12 yr, but the 18 is really nice (The Macallan 18 is really nice too but its a $100 a bottle).

For gear I will be bringing an Earmax Pro and HD-650. I might bring the KGSS to compare it to Tom's black-gated version. I can bring the Meridian if you guys need another source.

I'm going to try and book a hotel room today for Sat night.

Jan 26, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #213 of 273
Anyone bringing a Sonic Impact t amp? I want to check it out with the K1000s.
Brian bring your bogden xlr interconnects,I would like to try them out,compare them to the Jena labs symphony cables on the KGSS.

Jan 26, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #214 of 273
I'm still wondering what we are going to do with all the boxes. This is going to be a logistical puzzle. I was going to use my little parcel of grass in front of my apartment, but the snow killed that idea. We can put Tom's boxes back in his van, and I have a rented garage, but it is a bit of a walk from my door.

On the teatotaler(?) front, Telica bought eight kinds of soda, plus lemonade & ice tea, so you don't have to bring any non-alcoholic beverages. Don't come hungry, though. There is nothing to get around my house (without driving), and dinner (and brownies) will be served at 5. My reputation will be downgraded if she burns the brownie batch, so she knows a lot is riding on the line
eek.gif

I'm rethinking the portable section (or a part of it), to the kitchen, so we will have to pack them up B4 laying out the all-you-can-eat buffet
cool.gif

I have a surprise door prize/parting gift for hopefully, everyone...if all works out. Something music related...oooh????...mystery????

Jan 27, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #215 of 273
Boy I hate that slogan! ..... however ...

When all the stuff arrives Thurs./Fri./Sat. -- I'm going to try to fit it into one large, wheeled suitcase -- no boxes, just fat bubble wrap ... I hope! Keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully (it if works) it will be easier to put one suitcase somewhere, rather than a bunch of boxes.

Logistics, logistics, logistics -- OY! OY! OY! (new Aussie drinking chant)

Hey - I'm happy. The kitchen is real step up from the WC! (I won't make any wisecracks about being within arms-reach of the brownies .... DOH! I just did!)

Jan 27, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #216 of 273
Quote:

Hopefully (it if works) it will be easier to put one suitcase somewhere, rather than a bunch of boxes.

Logistics, logistics, logistics -- OY! OY! OY! (new Aussie drinking chant)

You can put boxes in boxes or some other things in your empty suitcase. Not another suitcase since the wheels will most likely be wet.

That's the AC/DC chant
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #217 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I'm still wondering what we are going to do with all the boxes. This is going to be a logistical puzzle. I was going to use my little parcel of grass in front of my apartment, but the snow killed that idea. We can put Tom's boxes back in his van, and I have a rented garage, but it is a bit of a walk from my door.

On the teatotaler(?) front, Telica bought eight kinds of soda, plus lemonade & ice tea, so you don't have to bring any non-alcoholic beverages. Don't come hungry, though. There is nothing to get around my house (without driving), and dinner (and brownies) will be served at 5. My reputation will be downgraded if she burns the brownie batch, so she knows a lot is riding on the line
eek.gif

I'm rethinking the portable section (or a part of it), to the kitchen, so we will have to pack them up B4 laying out the all-you-can-eat buffet
cool.gif

I have a surprise door prize/parting gift for hopefully, everyone...if all works out. Something music related...oooh????...mystery????

oh man she didn't have to do that! i was perfectly willing to Dr. Pepper up everyone's party! I appreciate it!

Hmm music..I know- YOU were the one who took my Dogstar CD, and you re-ripped it for everyone on Black CDs with some auric illuminator on there!

Jan 27, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #218 of 273
Don't be silly. Everyone knows Auric Illuminator won't work on black CD's. It's the antithesis. You would need white-out illuminator.
...and I borrowed your "Parliament-Funkadelic", the Dogstar went to another lucky Head-Fier.

Jan 27, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #219 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
...and I borrowed your "Parliament-Funkadelic"

We're gonna tear roof off the mothersucker - tear the roof off the sucker!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
My standard is the Macallan 12. I'll throw some in with my gear
biggrin.gif
The Macallan is a very well balanced, but sometimes I like something a little more peaty

Canman --- Tyson just updated his reviews with a shocking new entry: Macallan 12 new triangle label. Macallan 18 is a truly grand (and my favorite) single malt. After reading his new blurb I have to try this new bargain wonder (but I haven't yet found any reference to it on the web!):

"[size=small]Macallan 12 - new triangle label[/size]
[size=x-small]This is the newest bottling from Macallan, brought out recently after they had also brought out their "Fine Oak" series of Bourbon cask aged whisky. This new sherry aged Macallan 12 is FAR, FAR better than the previous sherry bottlings over the last few years. I know that demand for Macallan had outstripped supply over the past few years, so my theory is that they had started scraping bottom on their supply, and they came out with the Fine Oak Range specifically to cut demand for the Sherry Oak range, which allowed them to be a lot more choosy about good quality Sherry casks that they bottled. Whatever, all I can say is that this new Mac 12 is BETTER than my Mac 18 and my Mac Cask Strength bottlings here. For $40 this is a no brainer - BUY IT."[/size]

Jan 27, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #220 of 273
Tyson?...I thought they just made chickens. Now they make scotch? The chickens will be wasted,
tongue.gif

Would that be like eating the worm, from the Tequila?
eek.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #221 of 273
Quote:

Canman --- Tyson just updated his reviews with a shocking new entry: Macallan 12 new triangle label. Macallan 18 is a truly grand (and my favorite) single malt. After reading his new blurb I have to try this new bargain wonder (but I haven't yet found any reference to it on the web!):

That's the one that I am bringing. I had a feeling that this bottling was better than my previous bottle.
icon10.gif
I can pick up a bottle for you in Jersey if you can't find one in NY. The best price is $40 here.

Jan 27, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #222 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
That's the one that I am bringing. I had a feeling that this bottling was better than my previous bottle.
icon10.gif
I can pick up a bottle for you in Jersey if you can't find one in NY. The best price is $40 here.

No need. I'm sure I'll find it here when I'm ready. Also, I'll have so much stuff to carry home already! Thanks.

BTW guys - In addition to having received the AOS Flute a few days ago, I just received shipment of the 4 Channel Islands Audio units (VHP-1+VAC-1PS and VPP-1+VAC-1PS). Dusty of CIAudio said if anyone at the meet likes these and is interested in buying, there's 20% disct. available [I've laid out shipping costs].

Also just received, at work, 1 big box from Drew Dunn (Shellbrook). I thought this was about the right size for one DVD player, but he managed to fit everything into it: Vinnie-mod Pioneer DV563A, Vinnie-mod Toshiba SD-3950SU, Super Mini Moy, Super Maxi Moy Signature and Ascent Signature + a variety of cables and some 9Vs!

[size=medium]THANKS to Dusty and Drew for getting all this here in time![/size]

(Don't think I can get all this equipment thoroughly burned-in by Sat. nite, but I'll do my best.)
--------------------------
My desk here at work must look really mysterious to the various team members who stop here or pass by (no one has comment -- at least no to me...). As the day has wound down the mini-amp community on my desk has been periodically growing. There are now 6 nice, glowing portables on my desk (and 4 or 5 more at home).
k1000smile.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #223 of 273
Just received Ray's Hi-Gain SR-71. (...of course No XP-7 -- Ray's 2-2-busy hosting this Saturday's Chicago meet. Glad Erik is bringing his XP-7.

[size=small]Thanks to Ray -- who PM'd to say:

"I wish your meet to be of a lot fun too, Aaron & his wife are great host."
[/size]

Jan 27, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #224 of 273
I jsut received headroom Overture and Coda.

Let me help you burn in stuff.
wink.gif
like the SR71
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #225 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I jsut received headroom Overture and Coda.

Let me help you burn in stuff.
wink.gif
like the SR71
biggrin.gif

Huh? What? Can't hear you -- I've got SR-71/K501 in my ears!
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back