Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced Armature Driver IEM - Impressions
Jul 21, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #257 of 454
  I just compared these to the Sennheiser IE800 and Shure SE846. Although they lose in clarity by a bit, I prefer the Primo 8's mature sound over the others. These really present the music in a way I've never heard before. Anyone else agree? I'd be interested in hearing more feedback on these.

Alright I just wanted to take my previous statement back about the IE800's. Those things are on another level. 

The Primo 8 is still very good but sounds much more secluded and limited.

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #258 of 454
  Alright I just wanted to take my previous statement back about the IE800's. Those things are on another level. 

The Primo 8 is still very good but sounds much more secluded and limited.

I had the Shure SE846 and I have been careful not to compare these to a IEM costing 300-500 more. I think the SE 846 are in a different level but so is the price.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #259 of 454
My review went up a couple days ago: http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/nuforce-primo-8.410838/

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #260 of 454
  My review went up a couple days ago: http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/nuforce-primo-8.410838/

Nice review! These were on loan to you?

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #262 of 454
How does the Primo 8 perform for listening to acoustic jazz? I mainly listen to piano trios. And how does it compare to Shure 535, Weston W40 for Jazz?

Will it perform OK with either my iPod Touch (3rd gen) and my HTC One M8 phone (using Powerplay app). My music is all in Apple Lossless.

My current IEM is the Klipsch X10i, but I would like more definition in mids and highs.

It is difficult for me to audition IEM's as I live in rural Australia (and anyway the Nuforce is not available here anywhere). So I will probably need to purchase online with a vendor who will accept a return.

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #263 of 454
How does the Primo 8 perform for listening to acoustic jazz? I mainly listen to piano trios. And how does it compare to Shure 535, Weston W40 for Jazz?

Will it perform OK with either my iPod Touch (3rd gen) and my HTC One M8 phone (using Powerplay app). My music is all in Apple Lossless.

My current IEM is the Klipsch X10i, but I would like more definition in mids and highs.

It is difficult for me to audition IEM's as I live in rural Australia (and anyway the Nuforce is not available here anywhere). So I will probably need to purchase online with a vendor who will accept a return.

Perfect for what you are wanting....perfect

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #264 of 454
Do it, the Primo 8 is leaps and bounds better than the X10 as I have both.

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #265 of 454
Got a chance to buy a new set of Primo 8 for $ 380. For the same price another iem on my list is the JVC HA-FX850, and it has been said the wooden case have better tone and timbre. Would appreciate input if anyone actually heard both.

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #266 of 454
  Got a chance to buy a new set of Primo 8 for $ 380. For the same price another iem on my list is the JVC HA-FX850, and it has been said the wooden case have better tone and timbre. Would appreciate input if anyone actually heard both.

Good price how did you manage that?

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #267 of 454

The FX850 is more of a fun iem but with some amazing timbre and stage. Primo 8 is more neutral and closer to a reference type sound. If you like your sound more technical and more neutral I would go for the Primo 8.. If you love your bass, wide stage and more of a musical type signature the FX850 is fantastic. Made more for enjoying your tunes more so than picking apart details.. Both are fantastic iems you can't go wrong with either one but depending on what type of sound your going for one is better than the other.

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #268 of 454
The FX850 is more of a fun iem but with some amazing timbre and stage. Primo 8 is more neutral and closer to a reference type sound. If you like your sound more technical and more neutral I would go for the Primo 8.. If you love your bass, wide stage and more of a musical type signature the FX850 is fantastic. Made more for enjoying your tunes more so than picking apart details.. Both are fantastic iems you can't go wrong with either one but depending on what type of sound your going for one is better than the other.

No idea about the primo, but I'd argue that the fx850 has amazing imaging rather than amazing stage which is really good but not something I'd call attention to. And the Primo 8 must be pretty darn detailed then cuz I was actually reaaaally impressed with the amount of detail the FX850 put out, especially given all that bass.

BTW, I'm super glad Nuforce did so good with these (per all the positive reviews)! I always loved the NE-6/7. They were incredibly dynamic with a great depth of sound, great rhythm and always impressed me with their musicality.

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #269 of 454
I would say the mids are more focused on the Primo 8 than the FX850 with greater inner detail of your music. BA precision playing a part here. The detail on the FX850 for being a single wood driver is pretty amazing especially for being bass heavy but on a technical level I would give the nod to the Primo 8s. 

Both these phones do their respective sounds so well I would have a hard time parting with either one.

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #270 of 454
  Good price how did you manage that?

A dealer in Hong Kong is offering such lower price. May be I could ask for a little further discount.

I asked the dealer the reason for the lower price and if Nuforce is going to change model, but apparently he has no idea.

So apparently from what I am reading here, for all the "phrase coherence" claimed by Nuforce the Primo 8 does not have a decidely advantage over the FX850.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back