Nuforce LPS-1...difference is not subtle.
Mar 24, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #16 of 43
search under "accessories".  I assume you found the nuforce store?  

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #17 of 43
It's under optional accessories...

If you still can't find it let me know, their HQ is 20 minutes away from me. I do not work for them, I literally just like the HDP and thats it

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #18 of 43
weird, I went to the site and it is not there?  not sure what's up widdat.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #21 of 43
Apr 14, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #24 of 43
The idea of the Sigma PSU appeals to me more since Nuforce sort of produces a great product with very little technical information, but the folks who produce the Sigma pretty much give you a detailed list of the build, and if youre familiar with DIY stuff, they use top shelf electronics, so it's a bit of reassurance that you aren't being taken for a ride because lets face it, most people just aren't into the idea that PSU's make a difference worth the money that it costs to produce a good one.

Quote:
Yea it looks like they arent selling it anymore... Looking more and more like the Sigma 11 is the way to go.

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #25 of 43

Quote:
... most people just aren't into the idea that PSU's make a difference worth the money ...

the linear PS I got for the DAC is probably the best upgrade I've ever done. ironically it's the least expensive. I was really surprised by the difference it made. very pleased.

now I'm wondering how much difference a good power conditioner might make to the rest of the system. 
rolleyes.gif

hearing is believing... 

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #26 of 43
Not to be a party pooper, but I got the LPS-1 to go with my Icon HDP a few months back, and really could not tell the difference.  I was using the headphones in my profile. I wound up returning it, and then went on a different upgrade path.  So, YMMV.  I think their products are good, great value, and they have good service, too.  Ordering and returning were no prob at all.  

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #27 of 43
I'm sorry you didn't hear a difference with your setup. Ibdont have any experience with the HDP, but All I know is that with my icon2 amp/dac. The difference is quite big. And yes, Nuforce customer support is quick and very friendly.

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #29 of 43
Just on a side note:  A regulated power supply will let you use super high-efficiency speakers, as you won't be able to hear the switching power of the stock psu.  I haven't tried this yet, but in theory it should work.

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #30 of 43

Quote:
Has anybody tried the Welborne Labs power supply upgrades?  About the same price as the NuForce...  

http://www.welbornelabs.com/pshead.htm

Never heard of them, but there isnt even a picture of what the enclosure looks like. And they get $177 just for the kit to build your own for the HPD, for around $120 I can build my own Sigma 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back