NuForce HP-800 ???
Dec 24, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #19 of 179
Whenever someone finally posts their impressions on these headphones, could you please try to compare them to Nuforce's IEMs if you've tried them? I'm curious if the signature is similar.

I was originally a huge fan of Nuforce's NE-6 and NE-700X IEMs, but my tastes have changed lately and I'm looking for something that has similarly heavy bass but is a lot brighter sounding.

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #20 of 179
I've written up a review of the 600/700/770X, though they've all become gifts at this point. When I get the HP-800 I will post some comparisons from memory. 

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #21 of 179
Awesome guys! Can't wait for your impressions!

Armaegis, will you compare against those IEMs? If so, do you have a post of your IEMs comparisons here? (I'm lazy! :p)

Thanks.

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #22 of 179
Quote:
Awesome guys! Can't wait for your impressions!

Armaegis, will you compare against those IEMs? If so, do you have a post of your IEMs comparisons here? (I'm lazy! :p)

Thanks.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623137/review-comparison-nuforce-iems-ne-600x-ne-700x-ne-770x
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #24 of 179
Hey DY2k, any chance of your first impressions on HP-800 to post today?

Mine will be shipped tomorrow and I am still on the fence if I should cancel the order...

Thanks in advance,
Lee

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #25 of 179
Just a quick note:

First impression upon taking out from the box, bass was really bloated,Mids and Highs were very recessed, staging is somewhat average, sounds very Monster Studio Pro like. The earpads and headband though is extremely comfortable for long usage. The 3.5mm plug is removable from the headphones (Heard that Nuforce is developing a bluetooth connector to the 3.5mm plugs in near future)

After 12 hours of constant running in, sound characteristics totally changed! Bass is still heavy but layers of bass could be heard, mids have become more apparent, highs too are more distinct and really smooth now. Staging has broadened.

Tried powering it with iPhone earlier this morning. These pairs are easy to be driven, at 70% volume level, I'm able to enjoy my music with it.

The only downfall though, the design is pretty average, style conscious people will be put off. 

As for now, at $150 I'm really satisfied with the level it can deliver already. Will give it more time before i can give the final verdict.

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #26 of 179
Hey Lee,

I would say these are great pair of headphones, but I can't give a full comment till it is fully run in. The only most apparent sound characteristics to the headphones now is "Bass Heavy" which to a level that sits between AT M50 and Monster.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #27 of 179
Here's an image I've taken :) Listening to house music on the headphones on my Macbook while typing now, these headphones are definitely great performers for R&B, Lounge and Techno Music. Will give further details on classical, Jazz, New Age and Vocal music later on based on my Asus Xonar STX sound card desktop.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p436/darrenyeo/IMG_0219_zpsd24b3c7a.jpg

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #29 of 179
Quote:
The only most apparent sound characteristics to the headphones now is "Bass Heavy" which to a level that sits between AT M50 and Monster.

Ugh. Yet another one 
frown.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #30 of 179
Thanks for the impressions. A couple questions though -

What kind of bass heavy? Mid bass, or is there a decent amount of sub bass?

What about treble? Are these along the same lines as their IEMS, where treble is decently represented but it's not as prominent as the bass?

Nuforce's IEMs started to sound very dark and muffled to me after I began using more trebly headphones. I care about midrange, but I know that lower priced headphones are going to be weak in at least one area - so I'm looking for something V shaped with lots of bass and treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back