Now considering NFB-12
Jan 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Gorgatron

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. So on /g/ someone told me about this site selling the NFB-12 for $237 with no shipping charge. I just have a few questions.

1: Will this amp benefit me for my ath-m50, ath-ad700, and DT 990 (250ohm)? I'm currently using a Asus Xonar DX soundcard and its decent.
2: Is this the best AMP+dac combo you can get for the price? $200~250 range speaking
3: My friend who does car audio tells me this is a waste of money, but I do like the option of not having to unplug my headphones from the back of my desktop everytime I want ot switch headphones.
4: Would this amp be decent for gaming?

http://www.pacificvalve.us/AudiogdGallery.html

Jan 30, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 8
1. Probably.
2. Probably.
3. You didn't even ask a question.
4. Probably.

Not many people have gotten their nfb-12's yet due to the high amount of orders.  Mine is already shipped out so hopefully I'll get it by next week.  What I can tell you is that on paper it's crazy to have something that good cost so low.  The only way to truly find out if it meets those expectations is to buy it.  Everything is back ordered right now so good luck getting yours before march if you haven't ordered yet.

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 8

Oh I just saw #3, I suppose my question would investing in an amp be worth it if I want to get more headphones later, despite what my friend is telling me. Will it really take that long to get one? I'd like to order a device soon.
Quote:
1. Probably.
2. Probably.
3. You didn't even ask a question.
4. Probably.

Not many people have gotten their nfb-12's yet due to the high amount of orders.  Mine is already shipped out so hopefully I'll get it by next week.  What I can tell you is that on paper it's crazy to have something that good cost so low.  The only way to truly find out if it meets those expectations is to buy it.  Everything is back ordered right now so good luck getting yours before march if you haven't ordered yet.

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 8
In that case then,

3. Probably.

Haha honestly it's just an all in one dac/amp solution.  It'll be powerful enough to power the headphones you have now and will most likely power the 600ohm versions of your headphones too.  There are tons of reviews of people using an audio-gd fun/sparrow with the 600ohm phones that don't have a problem with it. 

If you haven't already, go take a look at the NFB-12 thread.  Audio GD has had a TON of orders to fulfill and are backordered like crazy.  Not only that but they have a national holiday coming up that will make the wait even longer.  The people who ordered before December 31st were supposed to get their shipments delivered out before January 28th but unfortunately even some of them will have to wait until mid February for it to ship out.  It's safe to say that unless someone who has one is selling it, you probably wont be able to get one for at least a month.  

I can tell you that the Nuforce HDP is a great dac/amp combo but it seems like the NFB-12 has it beat in almost every area on paper, the same goes for the e7/e9 combo too.  Not only does the NFB-12 have a better DAC than both those units but it also has 2 of them.  I know I'm getting excited for such a low price budget piece of gear but this thing, especially for the price, is unlike any other offering out there right now.

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 8
I see. I was looking around agian and found the Audinst HUD-mx1 for $180, perhaps I should consider that?

Quote:
In that case then,

3. Probably.

Haha honestly it's just an all in one dac/amp solution.  It'll be powerful enough to power the headphones you have now and will most likely power the 600ohm versions of your headphones too.  There are tons of reviews of people using an audio-gd fun/sparrow with the 600ohm phones that don't have a problem with it. 

If you haven't already, go take a look at the NFB-12 thread.  Audio GD has had a TON of orders to fulfill and are backordered like crazy.  Not only that but they have a national holiday coming up that will make the wait even longer.  The people who ordered before December 31st were supposed to get their shipments delivered out before January 28th but unfortunately even some of them will have to wait until mid February for it to ship out.  It's safe to say that unless someone who has one is selling it, you probably wont be able to get one for at least a month.  

I can tell you that the Nuforce HDP is a great dac/amp combo but it seems like the NFB-12 has it beat in almost every area on paper, the same goes for the e7/e9 combo too.  Not only does the NFB-12 have a better DAC than both those units but it also has 2 of them.  I know I'm getting excited for such a low price budget piece of gear but this thing, especially for the price, is unlike any other offering out there right now.

Feb 7, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 8
This just helped me decide on the NFB-12 Poetik :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back