Not Getting Any Sound? Help!
Oct 5, 2010 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LostChild1

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

It's been a while (admittedly) since I've listened to my records. The problem was that my old stylus broke while I was moving rooms in the house, and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it until now (Some 2-3 months later)

Anyway, I'm going from the N97xE for my M97xE to the Jico SAS Stylus for the M97xE.

So it goes:

M97xE -> Technics SL-1200MKII -> Cambridge Audio 640P -> Woo Audio WA6 -> HD650

Yet... I'm not getting any sound... At all. (I mean, I get some if I stick my head next to the stylus as it's playing, but I get nothing from the 650s)

Just looking for some advice as to what could be wrong.

Thanks,
Matt\

EDIT: Okay, so the problem definitely isn't with the WA6 or the 650s, as I hooked the Pre-amp up to my Audioengine A5's and I still don't get any sound... Hrmmm....

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #2 of 7
Bump, any idea what could be wrong? All my cables are, from what I can tell, hooked up properly. Everything is plugged in... I don't see why it would have just "stopped" working.
frown.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Hi there,

It's been a while (admittedly) since I've listened to my records. The problem was that my old stylus broke while I was moving rooms in the house, and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it until now (Some 2-3 months later)

Anyway, I'm going from the N97xE for my M97xE to the Jico SAS Stylus for the M97xE.

So it goes:

M97xE -> Technics SL-1200MKII -> Cambridge Audio 640P -> Woo Audio WA6 -> HD650

Yet... I'm not getting any sound... At all. (I mean, I get some if I stick my head next to the stylus as it's playing, but I get nothing from the 650s)

Just looking for some advice as to what could be wrong.

Thanks,
Matt\

EDIT: Okay, so the problem definitely isn't with the WA6 or the 650s, as I hooked the Pre-amp up to my Audioengine A5's and I still don't get any sound... Hrmmm....

sounds like a problem with the preamp. Check all connections change the outlet and try another one make sure its on if not send the preamp to Cambridge

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 7
Yeah it is, it's on indefinitely so long as it's plugged in.

I'll try changing some plugs around and post back with results...

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back