1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Not Getting Any Sound? Help!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by lostchild1, Oct 5, 2010.
  1. LostChild1
    Hi there,

It's been a while (admittedly) since I've listened to my records. The problem was that my old stylus broke while I was moving rooms in the house, and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it until now (Some 2-3 months later)

Anyway, I'm going from the N97xE for my M97xE to the Jico SAS Stylus for the M97xE.

So it goes:

M97xE -> Technics SL-1200MKII -> Cambridge Audio 640P -> Woo Audio WA6 -> HD650

Yet... I'm not getting any sound... At all. (I mean, I get some if I stick my head next to the stylus as it's playing, but I get nothing from the 650s)

Just looking for some advice as to what could be wrong.

Thanks,
    Matt\

EDIT: Okay, so the problem definitely isn't with the WA6 or the 650s, as I hooked the Pre-amp up to my Audioengine A5's and I still don't get any sound... Hrmmm....

2. LostChild1
    Bump, any idea what could be wrong? All my cables are, from what I can tell, hooked up properly. Everything is plugged in... I don't see why it would have just "stopped" working. [​IMG]

3. nikongod
    Is the phono stage on?

4. Frank I

Quote:

sounds like a problem with the preamp. Check all connections change the outlet and try another one make sure its on if not send the preamp to Cambridge

5. LostChild1
    Yeah it is, it's on indefinitely so long as it's plugged in.

I'll try changing some plugs around and post back with results...

6. nikongod
    Is the MM/MC switch set properly and is the correct input in use?

7. LostChild1

Quote:

Yes, and Yes (MM for both. [​IMG])