Northern California
Apr 9, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #31 of 90
The Bay Area is about 3.5hrs from me but I doubt I'll see one much closer. Count me in.
CPW

Jun 11, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #33 of 90
I've been lurking and learning for a while now. I'd like to attend a meet in SF.
Count me in!

Quote:

I don't have anything but a pair of Sony V6's to bring ...

Ha! Me too! Go Team V6!

Jun 11, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #34 of 90
I've attended the HES the last three times they are here in the west coast (SF and LA) and am planning to attend this year as well. The show runs from Thursday to Sunday. Thursday has always been reserved for trade people only, and Friday - Sunday are open to the general public. Every year I would take Friday off and attend the show three days straigt, and still feel I need more time! There are just so many gears to listen to, and more LPs/CDs to buy. If the meet is onsite, I would probably check it out, but if I have to go to another location, I would most likely skip.

One-day/Three-day Tickets can be purchased in advance through Stereophile/Home Theater magazines for a discount, or at the door at full price. If you are buddies with a dealer/manufacturer, you could probably score a guest pass....

Aug 17, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #35 of 90
reviving the thread....
biggrin.gif

a few people in the thread for the upcoming Berkeley meet (at least I hope I can schedule it and it occurs) have been discussing the possibility for a NorCal meet. since this thread has generated interest and apparently there will be a lot of Head-Fiers going to the HES show, I can see about the possibility of getting a large room on the UC Berkeley campus for such an event. it is not too far from SF so hopefully that will be fine.

I need a rough idea of the size of room to get so if anyone can tell me how many people are interested and how large the room should be that would be great.

oh, and what day would be best?

Aug 19, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #38 of 90
I'm definitely interested but could not host it!
biggrin.gif
This sounds like it could be a wonderful trip.

Aug 23, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #41 of 90
I'm in, I'm about 10 minutes from JMT, and 5 minutes from Bolt San. I have nothing interesting to bring yet (except maybe my ipod) hopefully some of it arrives soon.

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:55 AM Post #42 of 90
Is anything firming up here in terms of a date/location?
CPW

Aug 23, 2004 at 9:13 PM Post #43 of 90
hmmm... couldn't get a room on campus since we are not a student group.
frown.gif
so we'll have to see about getting another location for the meet.

who wants to start a student group?

Aug 23, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #44 of 90
If we're talking about a midweek date in early November, I'm definitely in.

Too bad we're struggling to find a venue -- I'm the manager of a 14-room conference center in Tahoe and we are empty during the dates we're talking about. But, Tahoe is 4 hrs. from the Bay Area...

Aug 27, 2004 at 7:50 AM Post #45 of 90
Jon:

Saw this thread months ago, but wasn't sure where I would be living because we are remodelling a new place to move to. It looks now that it won't be done until Christmas and beyond. I think it may be OK to have a meet in Nov. here at my loft in Oakland. Let me know what you all think.

Bob

P.S.: Can I wear a badge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back