Northern California
Jan 30, 2004 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

JMT

JMT Audio:PPA/META42 Amp Factory
Tuberoller and I were discussing us getting together at the Home Entertainment Show sponsored by Stereophile in November (November 4 - 7 to be exact). It is being held at the Westin-St. Francis in San Francisco, which I believe is the same venue that hosted it last year. We also discussed the possibilities of putting a Head-Fi meet together either before or after the HES and all attending the show together...I think that would be VERY cool.

I would be happy to host another meet, but I live over 100 miles from San Francisco, and traffic into the City is a bitch. I figured we have plenty of time to put something together prior to November. So I thought I would throw this out there.
  1. Anyone plan on attending HES?
  2. Anyone interested in a Head-Fi meet?
  3. Anyone interested in hosting said Head-Fi meet (that is closer to San Francisco than me)?
Anyway, let's put something together. I would be happy to run point on trying secure equipment.

Thoughts?

Feb 1, 2004 at 2:49 PM Post #6 of 90
I'd love to attend a Head-Fi meet and the HES, but I'm not sure how one secures entry for the HES. I can bring all of my digital gear and possibly my analog rig. I would love to hear the K1000 and Omega II again (and the elusive R10).
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2004 at 3:34 PM Post #7 of 90
The first day is reserved for media. The rest of the time is open to the public, tickets are available through the normal ticket channels as far as I know. I realize that we are a loooooong way out until November, but since the show dates are specific we have to arrange our calendars around it. And that takes a lot of planning.

A place to hold a meet doesn't necessarily have to be in San Francisco, perhaps the East Bay or something like that. If we have enough interest, maybe we can hold it in a hotel conference room or something like that. That will run into cost, but if we do this right, there may be enough in attendance to justify the cost.

Feb 3, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #9 of 90
Jon, I'd love to come up for another meet. Just as long as there are cool drinks, a restroom, and maybe some more of those homemade cookies. November 2004...phew, that's a ways off though.
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 90
I'll attend a meet! And hopefully, unlike last meet at bobjew's, I'll actually be able to get there when everyone's still there...

Feb 11, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #13 of 90
Waitasecond - is this meet-in-planning to be held in November? Or are we implying "let's meet in November for HES (whatever that is), but let's also have an earlier meet"? If it is indeed the latter (I'll be gone for school come July/August), I'll have a KGSS and probably Omega IIs to show off. Still might not have a driver's license, though.
redface.gif

- Chris

Feb 12, 2004 at 2:37 PM Post #14 of 90
Minya, I was thinking of a meet directly before or after HES. So those who wanted to, can attend HES as well.
Quote:

We also discussed the possibilities of putting a Head-Fi meet together either before or after the HES and all attending the show together

Quote:

What size crowd are we talking here? I may have leads on a venue.

The last meet that I hosted had about 20 attendees. I think most of the reason why all of you who attended drove so far was because Tyll was going to be there with all his neat toys. I would imagine that, having a meet in the Bay Area where most Head-Fiers are located, the attendance would be higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back