Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Sep 21, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #962 of 6,506

Wow. @hotfever, that's a fantastic looking cable. May I know how many wires are used on them. Thanks.

it is a 8 wire in a square-braid configuration...............machined braid ofcoz,very very nice,sexy and well-build

FYI, Trevor's wire is not OFC, it is all OCC to be exact!

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #964 of 6,506

FYI, Trevor's wire is not OFC, it is all OCC to be exact!

Thanks for the clarification :) 
All cables have been OCC + Fine stranded enameled Litz since 2011

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #967 of 6,506
sorry if this has been covered...but any update on the silver cable? very anxious to pick one up and add to my Norne collection. Thanks!

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #969 of 6,506
                 One Love Trev'

Peace...
L3000.gif

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #970 of 6,506
Received my Draug v2 and I am using it with the HD800. Sounds transparent and more "coppery" (sorry for the non-detailed description), when compared to the original cable. It looks like Screwdriver's, only I got a black Neutrik 4-pin XLR termination and an XLR to 6.3 mm Draug v2 adapter cable with silver Oyaide 6.3 mm. 
Will post some more details about the sound at one point but I like it.

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #972 of 6,506
  Received my Draug v2 and I am using it with the HD800. Sounds transparent and more "coppery" (sorry for the non-detailed description), when compared to the original cable. It looks like Screwdriver's, only I got a black Neutrik 4-pin XLR termination and an XLR to 6.3 mm Draug v2 adapter cable with silver Oyaide 6.3 mm. 
Will post some more details about the sound at one point but I like it.

When you say coppery are you referring to a more rounded robust sound or to a clear but slightly caramel overcast? Also, what is the difference between the original Draug and the Draug 2?

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #974 of 6,506
  The Draug2 is quite thick. I don't personally consider it 'heavy', but it definitely is thick. Would be quite a sight on a CIEM!

Building a D2 for iem....oh my..  That would be some feat, not sure that kind of girth would be preferable for ciem. 

sorry if this has been covered...but any update on the silver cable? very anxious to pick one up and add to my Norne collection. Thanks!

100% October, just hoping for the first week of October, but it could certainly bleed into the second week. 

One Love Trev'

Peace...
L3000.gif

lol nicely done. :wink:  Creative mind. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #975 of 6,506
I will be ordering a Mjolnir/Gungnir combo in the next couple days and am going to also order the Norne Vanquish for my HD800.
I have never owned a balanced amp before. 
Is it better to go for the single 4-pin XLR or the dual 3-pin(since the Mjolnir can use both) or does it make no difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back