Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #6,121 of 6,432
Most of my friends only care about the bass of headphones (they all have beats by dre products). I sometimes cry inside and wish they would pull the bananas out of their ears. When my ath m50s arrive, imma shove'em onto their heads and see what they think.

You're setting yourself up for a fall...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Feb 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #6,122 of 6,432
Feb 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #6,127 of 6,432
Quote:
Quote:
Speakers are the only solution for that.

If i said i had speakers for them to try out, they would ask if they were beats by dre............................ 

angry_face.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #6,128 of 6,432
I am very thankful for having so many musical friends. A large number of them participate in choirs or play instruments so they are pretty good at discerning differences in sound and it makes headphone showing much more successful. They've all already been trained to notice differences in sound so most will immediately see how the better headphones are better. Song selection can help a bunch with the non so discerning types...haha my little cheap R1s can be overly bassy so I just throw the beginning of Radioactive by Imagine Dragons at them and it'll rattle their heads.

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #6,132 of 6,432
Question to ask people to know if you're wasting your time before letting them try your headphones:
1. Do you have Beats?
2. If not, would they be your choice if you could afford them?
3. Do you think Beats are the best?
4. Do you like Eminem?
5. Do you like Tupac?
6. Do you learn about new music from the radio or MTV?
7. Do you listen to rap every day?
8. Do you listen to funk every day?
9. Do you love dem hoes?

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #6,133 of 6,432
Guys..relax..i am not a fan of dr dre beats also.. But..as far i see it..this kind of brand bashing/making fond off it, made a very interesting thread ( you know ur a audiophile when) being closed by the administrators all of a sudden..its very curious they did that after some very negative and funny posts about apple products and beats. Maybe some beats/apple lovers reported the posts?
eek.gif

so pls..be carefull with the jokes..big brother is watching us..i dont want another very nice thread going to waste because of funny remarks about some not so audiophile brands acccording to most of us headfi'ers..
wink.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #6,134 of 6,432
I'm not sure I'd call myself an audiophile, but I guess I've ended up becoming one... Anyhow, that "wow-feeling" you got when you listened to a good headphone for the first time is something special... But it took me a while to get there, starting with a few pairs of decent in-ears and the learning experience, on the way to enlightenment. Still I've only started the journey and only own a few pairs of decent headphones, but I'm gonna buy more and better when the wallet allows me to, guess it's a drug.

So let me listen to your best headphones and I'll give you a good reaction :wink:.

Gotta catch 'em all!

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #6,135 of 6,432
Quote:
Question to ask people to know if you're wasting your time before letting them try your headphones:
1. Do you have Beats?
2. If not, would they be your choice if you could afford them?
3. Do you think Beats are the best?
4. Do you like Eminem?
5. Do you like Tupac?
6. Do you learn about new music from the radio or MTV?
7. Do you listen to rap every day?
8. Do you listen to funk every day?
9. Do you love dem hoes?

Wow, pure ignorance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back