Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 3, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #6,091 of 6,432
Quote:
sorry for random post but today i went on the internet... and i found this.

respect!
(don't know what amp she is using though)
source page: http://www.xiyuit.com/oa/3/37531.html

Respect!! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #6,092 of 6,432
Yes, technically she's my fiancee. She's not a fan of the term simply because we've been together for so long (and engaged for so long). So for all intensive purposes she prefers wife(ish). I'm fine with it.

Quote:

So she's your fiancee. If you were dating someone for years but weren't engaged would you call them your fiancee(ish)?

Feb 3, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #6,093 of 6,432
Quote:
Yes, technically she's my fiancee. She's not a fan of the term simply because we've been together for so long (and engaged for so long). So for all intensive purposes she prefers wife(ish). I'm fine with it.

Never knew calling ur woman wifish would give so much reactions

Feb 3, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #6,094 of 6,432
Quote:
This might not be quite what this thread is for, but it's certainly more on topic than the recent conversation.

Fun story that involves Metal LPs today. My wife(ish) and I were out to dinner and we were deciding if we wanted to do something or just go home. I grinned and she knew exactly what I wanted to do...trip to the record store. 

She refused but of course eventually caved. On the way there we discussed how bored she got every time I went to the record store. I proposed a rule that I have a feeling we'll follow from now on. She has to flip through some stuff and buy something she's never heard of. Whether it be based on cover art or whatever.

Tonight I knew what I wanted. A copy of In Flames' A Sense of Purpose that I'd been eyeing for a few trips now. Went straight to it and picked it and was ready to go (I had promised to keep it short this time). We were held up by her eyeing something I'd also had my eye on for awhile. A copy of Baroness' Blue Record. She likes pretty things and man is that cover art gorgeous...

So we walked out with my record, and a copy of the Blue Record as well. I have a feeling we'll end up with their Red Record and Yellow & Green Record, too. Looking forward to it. 

I swear...I'm going to get her into music if it kills me (or our bank account). :D

Great choices in albums! Baroness is absolutely fantastic and I love their guitar tone not to mention their art work is absolutely stunning, I am actually thinking of getting a John Dyer Baizley (lead singer/guitarist in Baroness who also did the art for all their albums) inspired sleeve/s.

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #6,095 of 6,432
something i noticed: YKYAAW thread got locked. lets make sure that doesn't happen here too....
frown.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #6,097 of 6,432
Quote:
something i noticed: YKYAAW thread got locked. lets make sure that doesn't happen here too....
frown.gif

I totally agree..but iwonder why it got locked..the last post was in a english i dont understand..
confused.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #6,098 of 6,432
Quote:
You have to pay more for support/hardware coverage on a PC, too. At least with AppleCare you can walk into an Apple store and get it fixed rather than sitting on the phone with India for 2 hours, waiting for a shipping box, mailing it off, and waiting...

Any remotely skilled tech can service either one though, so it doesn't matter for some.

EDIT: You can also add AppleCare anytime within the first year of purchase where as most retailer plans / extended warranties directly through the companies have fairly limited windows for extension.

There are good things to be said about the products yes. On the whole, if you are a regular users, their support is fine. Just don't expect much beyond basic usage issues. Their trial in the enterprise world flopped and their pulling out.

But I digress.

This is a headphone forum - I see a lot of Mac users here using USB feeds into their DACs. No software required for the USB Mac->DAC setup in most cases, which is nice for the Mac users. I do plan to try my Bifrost by Apple USB to see how it works. The headphone out on a mac doubles as a toslink connection, but I've never seen a cable for it, at least not on the cheap. I'd like to give that a whirl for the heck of it. 

On the home front everything goes into my TV via HDMI and comes out via toslink. I'd like to just find a toslink switch to keep things simple. Ultimately I want to be able to switch from my PC and TV OUT as sources, but keep TV OUT to the main speakers at the same time. Think I need a splitter and a switch.

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #6,100 of 6,432
Feb 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #6,102 of 6,432
Quote:

Great choices in albums! Baroness is absolutely fantastic and I love their guitar tone not to mention their art work is absolutely stunning, I am actually thinking of getting a John Dyer Baizley (lead singer/guitarist in Baroness who also did the art for all their albums) inspired sleeve/s.

I opened a thread under the Music category thats getting little traffic. I'm looking for stuff I don't know about. New music. Hidden gems. 
If a few of you could share some titles/albums, that would be fantastic.

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #6,104 of 6,432
Feb 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #6,105 of 6,432
It's all my fault. 
biggrin.gif

Someone said something about not listening to music with file compression, and I posted a relevant excerpt from the Beats website that said the Pros fixed file compression...

next thing you know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back