Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #5,567 of 6,432
Quote:

nice forum avatar 
biggrin.gif

Same to you! (And your inventory ::drool:: )

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #5,569 of 6,432
Today in Spanish after a test I got my headphones out of my locker (SRH440). I assembled them and everybody was staring at me. I guess full size headphones must be like a shock to my classmates. Some people check them however but most people will stick to their apple earbuds at max volume.

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #5,570 of 6,432
Quote:
Today in Spanish after a test I got my headphones out of my locker (SRH440). I assembled them and everybody was staring at me. I guess full size headphones must be like a shock to my classmates. Some people check them however but most people will stick to their apple earbuds at max volume.

I hate Spanish.

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #5,571 of 6,432
Quote:
First post and you've already achieved a conversion... I wish I was that good when I first joined.

To be honest. It isn`t very hard. I live in Helsinki Finland and just about every single person in the streets is wearing either those awful apple earbuds or koss portapros(which IMO are pretty decent for their price).  Only a handful of people are really into this audio scene. 

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #5,572 of 6,432
the problem here where i am is mostly no one is willing to spend over approximately $15 on audio products, even my friend who has an SRH240 still uses his ibuds regularly just because he doesn't care
frown.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #5,573 of 6,432
the problem here where i am is mostly no one is willing to spend over approximately $15 on audio products, even my friend who has an SRH240 still uses his ibuds regularly just because he doesn't care:frowning2:

+1 i agree..i have a couple of friends who..well..lets say they dont need to think how they spend their money..u know the kind..10.000 worth of rolex watches and having a multi thousand worth of media set at home for watching movies and gaming on xbox,playstation 3 and wii with a huge 3d tv..BUT when i say my he500 costs 699 they say i am nuts! So weird. :D

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #5,574 of 6,432
Quote:
I live in Helsinki Finland and just about every single person in the streets is wearing either those awful apple earbuds or koss portapros(which IMO are pretty decent for their price).  Only a handful of people are really into this audio scene. 

I would love to live in a place where PortaPros are common...

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #5,575 of 6,432
Quote:
+1 i agree..i have a couple of friends who..well..lets say they dont need to think how they spend their money..u know the kind..10.000 worth of rolex watches and having a multi thousand worth of media set at home for watching movies and gaming on xbox,playstation 3 and wii with a huge 3d tv..BUT when i say my he500 costs 699 they say i am nuts! So weird.
biggrin.gif

what we say: so expensive?? its just a watch!
what they say: so expensive?? its just a headphone!

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #5,576 of 6,432
when you think 300-600$ for headphones is just the tip of the iceberg.

starting a collection/hobby can be a fun process if you grow to be very attached to it.

But obsess about it that it will affect your savings and become detrimental to your life and those around you... yea maybe a intervention may be necessary

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #5,577 of 6,432
It's so weird. I own a pair of DT770 which cost me rougly $230 and recently purchased a pair of AKG K167 for $300. I'm a student who works about 30+ hours a week and yet, my friends, who can spend that amount of cash on alcohol in just one night, tell me I'm crazy. A pair of nice headphones are like an investment. My DT770 looks and feels as good as new even though they're soon 2 years old.

I have a friend, without a job, who goes out drinking each and every weekend spending his very last dime. While I'm making $1.5K a month while in school and spends $300 on a pair of high-end headphones, he calls me crazy.

Can anyon explain this phenomena?

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #5,578 of 6,432
Quote:
It's so weird. I own a pair of DT770 which cost me rougly $230 and recently purchased a pair of AKG K167 for $300. I'm a student who works about 30+ hours a week and yet, my friends, who can spend that amount of cash on alcohol in just one night, tell me I'm crazy. A pair of nice headphones are like an investment. My DT770 looks and feels as good as new even though they're soon 2 years old.

I have a friend, without a job, who goes out drinking each and every weekend spending his very last dime. While I'm making $1.5K a month while in school and spends $300 on a pair of high-end headphones, he calls me crazy.

Can anyon explain this phenomena?

its called.... badumtuss~ hypocrisy! like someone who has beats studio/pro stating you wasted your money on a pair of headphones.
mostly that they forget that they are part of the equation

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #5,580 of 6,432
my dad still thinks headphone amps are to deafen yourself, and can't absorb the fact that mini speakers need their mini amplifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back