Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Sep 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #4,802 of 6,432
Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that if you were born after 1990, most likely you are deaf.
Pretty much everyone who shares my appreciation for analytical is around my age, and usually grew up with nice vintage gear.
Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Umm, do people born in 1993 count? :p

Still, I kinda get the reasoning behind your conclusion; hardly anyone else my age actually cares about sound quality,and just goes for loudness + bass response :/

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #4,803 of 6,432
Quote:

Still, I kinda get the reasoning behind your conclusion; hardly anyone else my age actually cares about sound quality,and just goes for loudness + bass response :/

kinda agreed on that, this one person i talked to kept commenting on how clear the bass on his skullcandies are. dat bass is clear! dat bass is loud! and all that shet 

my audiophile friend has a SRH940 and cares about music quality a lot (only person i know with real headphones)

2 other friends i have have a SJ33 and a SRH240, but the one who uses the SRH240 still uses his ibuds sometimes..... the one with the SJ33 loves his headphones though :p

the rest of the people i know of.... alot of them like beats a lot

(all mentioned were born in 1995)

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #4,804 of 6,432
Quote:

I'm lucky in that I'm from 1991, out of the 4 other guys in my uni house last year, I got one to buy a pair of Fostex T50RPs, which I modded for him, one got a pair of HD25-1 II's and the others complained that they wished they were cheaper.

A friend from my old school did say to me that he'd "be happy with just a pair of beats though". I facepalmed.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #4,806 of 6,432
Quote:
I'm lucky in that I'm from 1991, out of the 4 other guys in my uni house last year, I got one to buy a pair of Fostex T50RPs, which I modded for him, one got a pair of HD25-1 II's and the others complained that they wished they were cheaper.

A friend from my old school did say to me that he'd "be happy with just a pair of beats though". I facepalmed.

w00t! :D 1991!!!!

AAAAND I'm not deaf.  Though I have a permanent (.....I think it's permanent) ring in my ear cuz I used to blast music at a young age.  & I know a lot...A LOT of people with Beats.  Some of them claim my DJ1 S-Logic don't kick as hard as Beats even though I've heard all of the Beats and not only don't they kick hard, but they sound muddy.

Don't get me wrong.  I like my music loud and kicking, but I still want to HEAR the music.  Bass =/= music.

I've actually had one friend listen to my headphones and then looked at me saying "Oh so the only reason people pay so much money for Beats is for the name".  I converted one :D

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #4,808 of 6,432
:D

We could add "mostly likely have poor reading comprehension" to the list. :wink:

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #4,809 of 6,432
Hmm, not much I could say to that, I suppose. Anyway, blame it on my looking down on my own generation's taste in music :))

Out of curiosity: Xander, did you manage to find decent cans to suit you yet? I remember you asking around the Recommendations thread (your avatar is more than a little distinctive).

And liamstrain: Not everyone under 20 has reading difficulties; it's actually a favourite hobby of mine :wink:

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #4,810 of 6,432
Hmm beats, Beats EVERYWHERE what has the world become
eek.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #4,811 of 6,432
I own a pair of XB500 and just got my first Cowon PMP. So I paired it up with my sisters sennheiser hd215 and wow is all I can say. I could hear clarity like never before and was giving me a big smile and a chuckle. If only it had better bass reproduction it would be perfect for me cos some songs that should pump just don't with those headphones. I wish I had bought a better quality option over the xB500 now but oh well I'll have to wait till they die on me lol. I've let other people try on my headphone and I only got okay responses.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #4,812 of 6,432
Sep 7, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #4,814 of 6,432
Let my younger sister(by 1 year) listen to my D2000s..."it's clearer". She owns a pair of HD201s.

Let my much younger 5 year old sister listen to music through my ATH A700X(elastic banded so it actually fits on peoples heads)...she's not giving them back. Going to have to wait until she leaves for school on monday. I might have to get her a pair of headphones(that fit her small head).

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #4,815 of 6,432
Funny thing happened talking to my girlfriend the other day. 

I was talking about how there were some people that like the HD800 more than the SR009 on Head-fi. 

She looked at me wide eyed and just said (loudly) "HOW!? How could they think that? I mean the HD800 sounded good and everything...but damn! The 009 was so much better."

I agree. She's still not happy I just bought a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back