Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Apr 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #4,352 of 6,432

Quote:

haha, that's what i told my cousin. there are some song's in it that i know are supposed to have more subbass then what my headphone's produce. I told my cousin who said "be prepared, Skrillex has a lot a bass" that after testing. it doesn't. I was just using Skrillex as a example....as he's the only dubstep person most people know. And this thread is popular to consumer lurkers.

I have yet to find a super bass song though(no..not by nickin minaji. that song has very little bass) some song's that have some good bass are a milli by lil wayne, smack that by akon, and i wanna....*.... you by akon ft snoop dog. the only problem i have with the last two is my copy of teh CD rips i have. the bass has many many problems. many times i can tell if it's user caused or mastering caused. Thhis one i couldn't tell. the bass when EQ'd hits strong, but then it happens. there are times when i't hitting along and then the bass just flips.like it just flops down for one beat. like just flattens. it happens every single time at the same parts even at low volume. meaning it is in the copy i have of those two songs. meaning it's iether user caused or just in there :/ don't know. 

The problem is that Dubstep and A LOT of electronic now a days really has no bass. It's got the sound of bass impact but no actual impact.
Great bass testers right here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6UNM8WANU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7eAdBg6Z38

Even if your not a big NIN fan you cannot deny the bass of these songs.

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #4,353 of 6,432
My friend had some apple earbuds and I was telling him how they are no good and of course he thought they were fine. About two weeks ago they broke and he asked me what he should get for under $200 and I gave him this website and head room to look around. He didn't listen to me and ended up with skullcandy rocnation (which are supposed to be decent headphones actually). 

He listened to them and sent me a message on facebook saying it sounds like jeff is right there (lead singer of bomb the music industry) and all around awe of how bad applebuds are. 

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #4,355 of 6,432

Quote:
The Great Destroyer is another one.  Pretty much any NIN one.

Hahah yea pretty much, a lot of sub bass as well as punch.

Apr 21, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #4,356 of 6,432
The mention of so many Apple iBuds over the last few pages had me remembering the time one the users here transplated Senn IE8 drivers into a Apple iBud shell and recabled it with $1000 cable's. Good times.

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #4,357 of 6,432

Quote:
The mention of so many Apple iBuds over the last few pages had me remembering the time one the users here transplated Senn IE8 drivers into a Apple iBud shell and recabled it with $1000 cable's. Good times.

all I feel is why.

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #4,358 of 6,432

Quote:

Link?

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #4,359 of 6,432

Quote:

I want to hear that story as well. If anything, it's something to troll other *serious* audiophiles with. Imagine letting a hardcore head-fi'er listen to those buds without knowing what they were :))

... Well, the cable might be a bit of a giveaway.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #4,360 of 6,432
Apr 22, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #4,361 of 6,432
Let my friend listen to my HiFiman set up....He just got kind of a blank look on his face and looked behind him when the vocals started.

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #4,362 of 6,432

Quote:

The problem is that Dubstep and A LOT of electronic now a days really has no bass. It's got the sound of bass impact but no actual impact.
Great bass testers right here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6UNM8WANU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7eAdBg6Z38

Even if your not a big NIN fan you cannot deny the bass of these songs.

You're thinking of the mainstream dubstep that everybody and their dog knows about. "True" dubstep is all about the (sub)bassweight. Examples: 

(Please note that Youtube really screws up the quality of these tracks.)

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #4,363 of 6,432

Quote:

You're thinking of the mainstream dubstep that everybody and their dog knows about. "True" dubstep is all about the (sub)bassweight. Examples: 

(Please note that Youtube really screws up the quality of these tracks.)

No I'm thinking of every single dubstep song ever recommended to me by people saying the exact thing your saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back