Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jan 23, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #3,991 of 6,432
where else would you suggest giving links too??

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #3,993 of 6,432

Quote:
The Unknown Shapes EP might still be free. There shouldn't be any distortion when DLed.

It's the YouTube compression. Don't worry.

found it. it's in mp3 though :frowning2: but it's a good file size D:
and yes i know it's the ocmpression :D

Quote:
where else would you suggest giving links too??

nowhere. Just saying. I thought that head fi'ers wouldn't even post youtube links. I stand corrected as i do it myself now. it's just easy and availble

Quote:
youtube audio quality sometime sucks dont worry about it

yeah..we know :frowning2:

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #3,995 of 6,432

Quote:
Oh good, I didn't realize that the low end could be distorted that much, but I didn't listen to music with that bass quantity.

waitt till u hear more songs from youtube :D then u will know what/ how much some youtube songs are distorted. Due to users uploding bad MP3's along with the compression

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #3,996 of 6,432
Not very much a headphone reaction but more of a What is that thing under your iPod reaction.
A few days ago, I received my new E11 amp (with L9 LOD) and it's a wonderful match with my SE425, I like it very much. So much that I only listen to music with it.
I then took it to school and some of my classmates started asking what the hell it was. I explained to them what it was.
One said "wouldn't it break your hearing?".
I replied "well yes, if you're not careful with it."
Another one who's a Beats "borrower" (He didn't have them but he borrows it from somebody else for occasional listening) wanted to try it. He was quite astonished by my IEM (SE425 with Triple Flanges) commenting that they're crazy looking (he was actually scared and confused on how to put it on). After a brief listening, he had this surprised look on his face (I didn't know if he had a good seal or not) and was amazed that it was loud but very clear with the dial turned at 2 and a half.
Afterwards, another classmate wanted to try with his music and with his headphones (Cheap Koss UR10). After some listening, he smiled and said "This is great!" and then he asked me where and how much I bought it. I think he's very interested in buying one. BTW, he gave me a listen with his headphones but I didn't want to disappoint him (they were crap) so I said yeah, at least they sound better than the Beats Solo which he then nodded.
Then another one wanted to try it (he's a Beats Studio user). He plugged his iPhone in and his AKG K350 IEM and he's by far the longest one to have a listen. After some smiles and some "putain" later (I'm in a French school) he gave it back to me also asking where and how much I bought it.

I want to see the look on their faces when I finally get my hands on either the Audio-Technica ATH M-50 or a Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro in the middle of February.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #3,997 of 6,432
I am a bad person.  Very bad.  I make people spend money on things they did not know they wanted.

In the last year and a half, I have come down with a case of Headphonitist.  I have to read/test/buy/talk about headphones all the time now.

And it is now spreading to my friends and family.  In the last few months, I have hooked LOTs of new people to the world of good sounding headphones.

Spending their hard earned cash on headphones they have me research for them.  I even have people coming back for seconds!  Then I get to researching...
and end up buying more stuff for myself.

I have also found myself giving headphones as gifts.  People LOVE them and then that also gets them hooked.  They want to know more about them.

One of my favorite things to do is sit them down.  Put on one of my pairs of headphones and play "The Virtual Barbershop" to watch their reactions.
I have yet to find a person who did not love it and come away amazed.  My favorite HQ link of it:  http://listverse.com/2008/02/29/top-10-incredible-sound-illusions/  (#5).

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #3,998 of 6,432

Quote:
I am a bad person.  Very bad.  I make people spend money on things they did not know they wanted.

In the last year and a half, I have come down with a case of Headphonitist.  I have to read/test/buy/talk about headphones all the time now.

And it is now spreading to my friends and family.  In the last few months, I have hooked LOTs of new people to the world of good sounding headphones.

Spending their hard earned cash on headphones they have me research for them.  I even have people coming back for seconds!  Then I get to researching...
and end up buying more stuff for myself.

I have also found myself giving headphones as gifts.  People LOVE them and then that also gets them hooked.  They want to know more about them.

One of my favorite things to do is sit them down.  Put on one of my pairs of headphones and play "The Virtual Barbershop" to watch their reactions.
I have yet to find a person who did not love it and come away amazed.  My favorite HQ link of it:  http://listverse.com/2008/02/29/top-10-incredible-sound-illusions/  (#5).

what headphones or earphones do you give as gifs i wonder?

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #3,999 of 6,432

Quote:
what headphones or earphones do you give as gifs i wonder?

Recently I gave my niece the: MEElectronics HT-21 and nephew the: Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K.  Both pairs I use to have.

Then I got my girlfriend the: JVC HA-S160 FLATS for watching shows/movies on her Mac.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #4,000 of 6,432

Quote:

Recently I gave my niece the: MEElectronics HT-21 and nephew the: Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K.  Both pairs I use to have.

Then I got my girlfriend the: JVC HA-S160 FLATS for watching shows/movies on her Mac.

ooo so that's what you do. i was thinking of audiophile selected gear and how u could afford them. I go 
blink.gif
 when i hear SR 60i's as gifts...$60 gifts to random people...we head fi'ers don't have deep pockets

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #4,001 of 6,432

Quote:
ooo so that's what you do. i was thinking of audiophile selected gear and how u could afford them. I go 
blink.gif
 when i hear SR 60i's as gifts...$60 gifts to random people...we head fi'ers don't have deep pockets

Oh gosh no SR60s or anything like that.  I just give out the "better" inexpensive stuff.  They are fun to give as gifts and they don't sound bad for the price.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #4,003 of 6,432
About two weeks ago my girlfriend asked why i had so much audio gear in my room. i figured instead of explaining id let her listen to a song i knew she liked in lossless format.
two weeks ago since i've seen those sr225i's.
she promised to give them back last week but "forgot" them.
i have the strange suspicion since last time she was round she was looking at my Denon AH-D5000, that those are the next to go missing.
i miss my Grado's 
frown.gif

And will soon (probably) miss my Denon's 
frown.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #4,004 of 6,432

Quote:
About two weeks ago my girlfriend asked why i had so much audio gear in my room. i figured instead of explaining id let her listen to a song i knew she liked in lossless format.
two weeks ago since i've seen those sr225i's.
she promised to give them back last week but "forgot" them.
i have the strange suspicion since last time she was round she was looking at my Denon AH-D5000, that those are the next to go missing.
i miss my Grado's 
frown.gif

And will soon (probably) miss my Denon's 
frown.gif

You must love her more than ur soul :D aDuiophilia is our soul here :D

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #4,005 of 6,432
Ha. thats pretty accurate xD

I still miss them though. would be good to get her hooked on high quality audio and have another join our ranks on Head-Fi though, right? 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back