Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 13, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #3,287 of 6,432

Quote:
Logitech? Good? What!? If anything they are way worse then Bose! I never expected to hear Head-Fiers praise Logitech.

THE END IS NEAR!

...... I said performance to price ratio. Logitech's are THE best speakers(not heapdhones) you can buy for the money in any situation. their super surround lines I can't comment on, but all their other products are $200 and less, and the only other speaker comapnies that are in mainstream stores that also sell in that area is Bose.

Quote:
It's all about price to performance ratio. Logitech excels here, Bose does not.

Ppl should read more :/ i can't say much about Guldkrull as his profile doesn't say much so i can only imply his head-fi status.. a head-fi'er with 55 posts and a default profile pic :/

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #3,288 of 6,432
Funny comment from a review on logitech speakers:

> Audiophiles should stay away, But any normal person can appreciate these speakers.

Apparently you're not a normal person if you appreciate high quality sound :p

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #3,289 of 6,432

Quote:

...... I said performance to price ratio. Logitech's are THE best speakers(not heapdhones) you can buy for the money in any situation. their super surround lines I can't comment on, but all their other products are $200 and less, and the only other speaker comapnies that are in mainstream stores that also sell in that area is Bose.

Ppl should read more :/ i can't say much about Guldkrull as his profile doesn't say much so i can only imply his head-fi status.. a head-fi'er with 55 posts and a default profile pic :/

No need to get offensive, it was not personal.

I, personally do not even find Logitech to be the best bang for the buck speakers, all they deliver is massive bass(read: not good bass). I find other brands in the same price range to deliver better sound quality, for example Edifier(not that they are especially good either).

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #3,290 of 6,432
Quote:
Apparently you're not a normal person if you appreciate high quality sound :p

That's not the impression a lot of audiophiles give off...

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #3,291 of 6,432

Quote:
No need to get offensive, it was not personal.

I, personally do not even find Logitech to be the best bang for the buck speakers, all they deliver is massive bass(read: not good bass). I find other brands in the same price range to deliver better sound quality, for example Edifier(not that they are especially good either).

Never heard of Edifier. Please name a national recognized and easily availble brand.

Then please name a(or more) brand that has more bang for buck other than edifier:

Dec 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #3,292 of 6,432

Quote:
Never heard of Edifier. Please name a national recognized and easily availble brand.

Then please name a(or more) brand that has more bang for buck other than edifier:

I would say Edifier is both "internationally recognized" and easily available, you can get their speakers from Amazon for example.

Other than Edifier I would say Harman Kardon(you must have heard about the soundsticks) and M-audio to mention at least two other "internationally recognized" brands that deliver better sound quality for the money than Logitech.

Do keep in mind this is just my opinion.

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #3,293 of 6,432
When people hear headphone amplifier they go all on me like "No wonder you're so deaf.." and crap. I misunderstand things a lot and miss a lot of things in class, but if anything it's ADD not my hearing (I need to get tested for that). I do have some bad hearing from using apple stock earbuds in my pre-headfi days. Too many days where I was in the mood to pump it up. I also have a terrible history of ear infections which probably helped too, but I still hear like 90 something percent anyway. I try to explain it as like a "filter for the sound quality" and people understand why the amp but not why I care.

Quote:
Lol! Don't know if any CMOY users alike have been asked for mints before? Then... "Eh, what is that?", "Its a headphone amplifier!", "A what??".. **cue very suspicious look** 
redface.gif
 I think it might be the battery that looks suspicious.. Think movies have given electronics, especially the home build kind, a bad name! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #3,295 of 6,432
Harmon Kardon is well known over here and M-Audio is unknown unless ur into audio/music making. Harmon Kardon's i have heard. but other than one or two soundstick products that are matching/competiting against logitechs, they just don't have the lineup to compete.

just checked out edifier....the measle amount of products and reviews....don't make it sound too good here in the U.S.A, the products look high quality though. however, the low Watt RMS on a similar priced to the Z623 product, is a little worrying. 40W RMS compared to 200W RMS?

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #3,296 of 6,432

Quote:
Lol! Don't know if any CMOY users alike have been asked for mints before? Then... "Eh, what is that?", "Its a headphone amplifier!", "A what??".. **cue very suspicious look** 
redface.gif
 I think it might be the battery that looks suspicious.. Think movies have given electronics, especially the home build kind, a bad name! 
biggrin.gif

Anybody try to take a CMOY through airport security?  I could see that getting sticky

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #3,297 of 6,432

Quote:
Harmon Kardon is well known over here and M-Audio is unknown unless ur into audio/music making. Harmon Kardon's i have heard. but other than one or two soundstick products that are matching/competiting against logitechs, they just don't have the lineup to compete.

just checked out edifier....the measle amount of products and reviews....don't make it sound too good here in the U.S.A, the products look high quality though. however, the low Watt RMS on a similar priced to the Z623 product, is a little worrying. 40W RMS compared to 200W RMS?

No, it's not especially good like I mentioned, but the products I've heard sounds better to me than Logitechs corresponding speakers.

Lets leave it at that.

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #3,299 of 6,432
The other day i was cruising through this electronics store and eventually came to the headphone aisle, so i was browsing and surprised to see a few decent items. Then this girl walks over and just grabs a pack of whatever no-name earphones and i'm like "whaaaa" so i walk over and see they're $30. Imagine what you can get for that price? They have no problem dropping that much money, they just need to be informed about the good stuff.

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #3,300 of 6,432

Quote:
The other day i was cruising through this electronics store and eventually came to the headphone aisle, so i was browsing and surprised to see a few decent items. Then this girl walks over and just grabs a pack of whatever no-name earphones and i'm like "whaaaa" so i walk over and see they're $30. Imagine what you can get for that price? They have no problem dropping that much money, they just need to be informed about the good stuff.

I agree. Today I showed probably 6 people the "virtual barbershop" and when one of them heard it was 50$ for the HD428's, he was hooked. :p mission accomplished!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back