Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
May 26, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #2,011 of 6,432

Digital Noise Canceling Headphones...with a 3 star Amazing rating. 

All I know. 

Quote:
I let a friend of mine use my Shure SRH840 and he said they were incredible. He gave them back and said "but I think my sony nc500d is better". Does anyone have experience with the sony nc500d?

May 26, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #2,012 of 6,432
Quote:
I let a friend of mine use my Shure SRH840 and he said they were incredible. He gave them back and said "but I think my sony nc500d is better". Does anyone have experience with the sony nc500d?

Skylab seems to think they're ok.  Looks like he replaced his Senn ANC cans with them.  Still ranked below his 770/600s though.  That's all I know about them though.  Might be decent.

May 26, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #2,013 of 6,432

Quote:
IE8?  That's old.  Internet Explorer 9 all the way. :p

Also wait if you don't buy anything from hmv why would you go there in the first place? :p

Charts and blurays ofc :) ow and games 
blink.gif

May 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #2,014 of 6,432
Well, a little while ago I let my friend who recently broke his beats try out my Phiaton MS 400's. He was always boasting about how "great" the beats are, and saying that the bass was amazing. 
blink.gif
 After listening to my cans, he just shut up and smiled, listening to his modern rap/hip-hop, with that massive smile stretching from ear to ear on his face in class. I had a warm fuzzy feeling in me that day. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #2,015 of 6,432
Ahhh...But did he then buy a pair?

Quote:
Well, a little while ago I let my friend who recently broke his beats try out my Phiaton MS 400's. He was always boasting about how "great" the beats are, and saying that the bass was amazing. 
blink.gif
 After listening to my cans, he just shut up and smiled, listening to his modern rap/hip-hop, with that massive smile stretching from ear to ear on his face in class. I had a warm fuzzy feeling in me that day. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #2,016 of 6,432
some co-workers make fun- common quote " I will never pay that much for that"   I stopped telling them how much it cost, I figure it is none of their business, haha

Today,  one of the girls asked to listen with  my W4 , she was liking it 
smile.gif

May 27, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #2,019 of 6,432

Quote:
I WOULD BEG TO DIFFER!

Then again, I can only offer my own opinion. Firefox 4 has some major problems that need fixin'. The other thing I've noticed is that Opera, FireFox, and Chrome all look almost exactly the same at this point. It's kind of hilarious how similar they are.

Safari certainly wins this battle.

May 27, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #2,021 of 6,432

Quote:
I WOULD BEG TO DIFFER!

Then again, I can only offer my own opinion. Firefox 4 has some major problems that need fixin'. The other thing I've noticed is that Opera, FireFox, and Chrome all look almost exactly the same at this point. It's kind of hilarious how similar they are.

I LOVED Firefox 3.x, could never use any other browser. It was so good. Firefox 4? Abysmal. It's been crashing at least once every 20 minutes, it really feels slower, and the new look isn't an improvement imo. With 3.x I had 5 windows totalling 300+ tabs open for a good 2 months without one crash, no joke.

May 27, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #2,022 of 6,432
Same. I also browsed in the same fashion as well. Tons of tabs and what not. It was such an excellent browser. 4 is just awful.

Quote:
I LOVED Firefox 3.x, could never use any other browser. It was so good. Firefox 4? Abysmal. It's been crashing at least once every 20 minutes, it really feels slower, and the new look isn't an improvement imo. With 3.x I had 5 windows totalling 300+ tabs open for a good 2 months without one crash, no joke.

May 27, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #2,023 of 6,432

Quote:
Same. I also browsed in the same fashion as well. Tons of tabs and what not. It was such an excellent browser. 4 is just awful.

i have the opposite experience as you guys. ff4 is much better then ff3.x. webpages are no longer sluggish and it is much faster.

May 27, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #2,024 of 6,432
I have similar experienced. My wife is not a serious music listener, she's happy with standard headphone and music from her blackberry. She couldn't tell the difference between a good ripped music and a good headphone representation.

When I bought a headphone to replace my Senn PX100 that got damaged, I asked her to listen to my what-she-called-"overpriced" Ultrasone HFI450 (which actually the bottom level of Ultrasone full size) and she ended up with a gigantic smile on her face and told me that she loved the sound buut the headphone is wAy too heavy. In fact now she asked for a better headphone for herself then ended up buying an iPod and a headphone.

A friend of mine who has just bought a Philips big headphone tested my Senn MX760, his response is (loosely translated) "WOW, same price, smaller, but sounds better on details and soundstage, but too little bass". At least he said his Philips stinks. His sister tried it and said MX760 don't have bass. The I let test my Ultrasone HFI450 with bass reduced eq on ipad, they changed their mine and he ended up wanting to buy a pair for themselves, she wanted a pair of Monster Beats. By the way, their Dad commented my Ultrasone sounded like his hifi setup at home.

My boss wanted to buy a Monster Beat Ferrari headphone for his son, ended up buying a fake one. When I told him, it's a fake, his response was "my kids will nev know a good headphone from a regular headphone sounds". In deed, his 15 yo son never knew and not yet understand the diffence. He himself owned a Shure e2c but never had time to listen to it. Go figure.

Interesting comments from those who don't really know a good headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back