Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Apr 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #1,637 of 6,432
I impressed a couple of doods on campus with my KSC75s's bass today.

No, I'm not trolling. Played some YouTube dubstep through my laptop's headphone out straight into the KSC75s, had them have a listen. Dat bass, yo~

(More specifically, they were impressed by the bass and audio quality for a pair of clipons that cost like, $13 on Amazon.)

-- Griffinhart

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #1,638 of 6,432

Quote:

One of my favorite audtion songs is Strobe by Deamu5...That song has a 4 minute intro. I get that sometimes. lol

ahh deadmou5e...if only you didn't feel it necessary to have a 4 minute repeating bass thump into on all of your songs and fail to deliver....

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #1,639 of 6,432

Quote:

ahh deadmou5e...if only you didn't feel it necessary to have a 4 minute repeating bass thump into on all of your songs and fail to deliver....

While that is...mostly true. He does produce some quality Electro House...and a few good Deep House songs as well. Granted...everyone on his label has more talent than him...but still! Plus, I think Strobe delivers. It's a good'un,

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #1,641 of 6,432

Quote:
pfft, damn people who dunno what deep bass is

This song WILL damage sound equipment if it's played too loud:
(I did warn you)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswHL2qu8PU

1. @Helloiamhere53 what beats are you wearing? I can't here anything with my solos

FullSpecDec 1 week ago

2. my dr dre beats love theeese

helloiamhere53 3 weeks ago

1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA This was a comment on a different PEB video. I couldn't stop laughing

Apr 8, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #1,643 of 6,432
Meh, not a very impressive lead-up to the bass drop. It's just "there".

Me, I prefer the drop that kicks in at 0:56 in The Widdler's dubstep remix of Kid Cudi's "Day and Night".

Or, the lossless CD rip version that I have of "メサイアコンプレックス". There's some awesome bass wonkery (I dunno how to describe... like a bass-induced vacuum?) at 2:40 (though I recommend starting at around 2:30 or 2:35 to get the full effect).

-- Griffinhart

Apr 8, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #1,644 of 6,432
My classmate insisted that my IE8 sound the same as any 10 € pair of earbuds without even listening to them.
rolleyes.gif

Me: have you listened to these?
Him: *few seconds pause* They'll sound exactly the same (as cheap earbuds).

And he uses Apple stock earbuds with only one side working.

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #1,646 of 6,432
Apr 8, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #1,648 of 6,432

Quote:
Meh, not a very impressive lead-up to the bass drop. It's just "there".

Me, I prefer the drop that kicks in at 0:56 in The Widdler's dubstep remix of Kid Cudi's "Day and Night".

Or, the lossless CD rip version that I have of "メサイアコンプレックス". There's some awesome bass wonkery (I dunno how to describe... like a bass-induced vacuum?) at 2:40 (though I recommend starting at around 2:30 or 2:35 to get the full effect).

-- Griffinhart

The MIA albums /\/\ /\ Y /\ and Vicki Leekx are also a great bass tests. So much so that it's sonically damaging!

Apr 8, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #1,649 of 6,432
Bass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccY25Cb3im0

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #1,650 of 6,432
I've tried that one at Bestbuy. Your talking about those on-ear skull candies right? IMO thats a MID-BASS ON-OFF switch not a bass-boost switch... 

Quote:
Buddy of mine asks what are the best headphones he can get for a reasonable price.
I suggested the Grado SR80 for a modest $100. He replied with "Nah, I cant spend money on headphones that don't have bass"
Then buys the $90 Skull Candies that have the Bass-switch.
I lost all faith in my friend's choice in audio that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back