Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 10, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #1,186 of 6,432

Quote:

Quote:
Anyone here tried the V Moda Crossfade? I've heard they have pretty much the most bass under $200. I'm not an audiophile so I don't really care if they're completely accurate. I just want some fun-sounding, casual headphones for hip-hop/rock.

ehhhh I'm not sure about that. Look into the Sony XB500-700 or if you want a well rounded pair for under 200 Ultrasone HFI-580 On a side note, I'm not buying the D2000, Tried them today just way way way to similar sounding ton the 580's they just have a smoother presentation and I don't think it warrants the price. *my opinion*

shure srh750dj should also be considered. also the new sony mdr xb1000 might also be the new king of basshead headphones. but currently no one knows the price.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #1,187 of 6,432
8 people saw me with my new FiiO E5 and asked stuff like "What is that?" "Why do you have two nanos" "Dude you have a knockoff nano connected to your real nano?!?". A few kids suggested I clip them together. Unfortunately, the clips are not similar so it doesn't work...

6 of them tried it out, 3 of them saying that "Everything sounds a bit better" "Wow, thats balls" (In a good way), and "Cool, how much was that? $15? Thats cheap" my friend who appears to be lightly getting into better audio (He is eyeing some Portapros or Meelectronics M6s) said "Finally, your damn bass doesn't kill the rest of your music" (I always have my iPod on treble booster because of my K518LE's crazy bass), the only other audiophile I know said "Congrats, I've been looking at getting one, and one, who tried it with his Skullcandy Ink'd IEMs, said there was "no difference".

Overall, quite a few were intrigued, and overall a positive response. I either get positive raves or indifferent opinions on my cans, and because I wear my iPod (and today my amp) on my shirt, what I'm listening to and how is pretty visible. The K518s give better impressions than my iGrados.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #1,188 of 6,432
Goodness gracious look at the sony earpads. Haha those are a no-go, I will be wearing these out and about. All those sony xb's aren't that good of an option because I hate the look. I looked around and the 580's are said to have about the same bass quantity as the M50, maybe a tiny bit more. The M50's didn't have enough bass for me so...

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Anyone here tried the V Moda Crossfade? I've heard they have pretty much the most bass under $200. I'm not an audiophile so I don't really care if they're completely accurate. I just want some fun-sounding, casual headphones for hip-hop/rock.

ehhhh I'm not sure about that. Look into the Sony XB500-700 or if you want a well rounded pair for under 200 Ultrasone HFI-580 On a side note, I'm not buying the D2000, Tried them today just way way way to similar sounding ton the 580's they just have a smoother presentation and I don't think it warrants the price. *my opinion*

shure srh750dj should also be considered. also the new sony mdr xb1000 might also be the new king of basshead headphones. but currently no one knows the price.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #1,189 of 6,432

Quote:
Goodness gracious look at the sony earpads. Haha those are a no-go, I will be wearing these out and about. All those sony xb's aren't that good of an option because I hate the look. I looked around and the 580's are said to have about the same bass quantity as the M50, maybe a tiny bit more. The M50's didn't have enough bass for me so...

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thought HFI-580s were supposed to be super bassy? and don't worry about style, no one looks good with headphones on anyways.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #1,190 of 6,432
Some kid was like yo man what be that doo dad. I was like...

It devirginized your mother. Kow tow you ungrateful swine.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #1,191 of 6,432
Everyone thinks my sister's headphones look very nice, and people at my school like my cans.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thought HFI-580s were supposed to be super bassy? and don't worry about style, no one looks good with headphones on anyways.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #1,192 of 6,432
Yea I somewhat disagree. The headphones posted right above me look straightup sick. The V Moda Crossfade's look pretty sweet also. Sound quality is the biggest thing here... but it's nice to have 'em look slick too.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #1,193 of 6,432

Quote:
Everyone thinks my sister's headphones look very nice, and people at my school like my cans.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

mushrooshi i totally agree with you on your akg's they look fantastic.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #1,194 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

mushrooshi i totally agree with you on your akg's they look fantastic.

hahaha, thanks :D

Your avatar is adorable too :p. I imagine shes spinning around listening to some cute japanese music like COLTEMONIKHA or something.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #1,195 of 6,432
Pretty much every time someone sees a headphone amp of mine, they ask what it is, and when I tell them they seem shocked. Apparently most people think a headphone amp is for making your headphones super loud. They do about the same when they see me wearing anything circumaural... "wow, those are big, they must have HUGE bass!"

I let them listen, watch their eyes widen, then tell them where they can get a comparable setup and how much it'd cost. Usually they decide to stick with ibuds and cheap sony headphones, but sometimes I see them wearing a much better pair of cans a week or so later.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #1,196 of 6,432
I think it's interesting to note how much space Apple now dedicates to headphones as accessories in their stores.  It's essentially replace half their software.  It's mostly Beats and junk, but there are Etymotics and nice Shure IEMs, too. 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #1,197 of 6,432

Quote:
I think it's interesting to note how much space Apple now dedicates to headphones as accessories in their stores.  It's essentially replace half their software.  It's mostly Beats and junk, but there are Etymotics and nice Shure IEMs, too. 

Trying out IEMs? That seems... kinda gross tbh...

Also, their software is all moving away from physical media to downloads, as they seem to be pushing out and preferring. 

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #1,198 of 6,432
You can't try the IEMs.  ROFL.  Only a few can be tried at all, I think mostly people buy Beats because they look cool.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 11, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #1,199 of 6,432
lol where I work you can try the beats iems, it is kinda gross, but they have disposable tips available so you can just change them out.

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #1,200 of 6,432
i always bring my own tips when trying IEM's
a few types of silicone and a pair of complys (soon)

my friend always asked my about my M50
they always borrow it from me when im not using it..

they love the M50..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back