Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 2, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #1,081 of 6,432
oh and regarding that question i asked i was actually waiting to hear people say
eek.gif
you are willing to pay 1000$ on headphones. something like that would have been amusing.

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #1,082 of 6,432
Which exactly is the ulimate carry-around headphone so we can let people how good these things can be? I just got the Beyerdynamics T5P - priced the same as the T1. Would it do the job? Should I get the Ultrasone Edition 8 as well ?

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #1,083 of 6,432
Are you serious???

Quote:
Which exactly is the ulimate carry-around headphone so we can let people how good these things can be? I just got the Beyerdynamics T5P - priced the same as the T1. Would it do the job? Should I get the Ultrasone Edition 8 as well ?

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #1,084 of 6,432

Yes. I always wanted to share how good my UE18 Pro is to my friends, but since it is custom, no one except myself is able to wear them. So I want to show them the "real stuff", and I think headphone is a very appropriate medium because everyone can try out. I probably won't mention the price to them or just lie about it when they ask...

Quote:
Are you serious???

Quote:

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #1,085 of 6,432
Haha, I get it. I always let my friends listen to my gear at my place. But I think the best way to go about it is to let them try "cheap" headphones and see how affordable great sound could be. All my friends got really into my ATH ES7s back then and were convinced that they are going to spend $500. You could just have a bunch of "cheap" good headphones around like the M50s, ES7s, AKG K701 for different types of people. I think that would be just as effective XD

Quote:
Yes. I always wanted to share how good my UE18 Pro is to my friends, but since it is custom, no one except myself is able to wear them. So I want to show them the "real stuff", and I think headphone is a very appropriate medium because everyone can try out. I probably won't mention the price to them or just lie about it when they ask...

Quote:
Are you serious???

Quote:

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #1,086 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtfU0NxQYoPfZiNVQeyC3ME.5XNG;_ylv=3?qid=20110201203514AAcb8sZ

i asked that on yahoo answers to see what people would say and people truly are sheeple. they have been tricked. they think the best headphones under $1000 are the beats pros. man i really want them to hear some hd650 or some grado ps1000.
that would show them.

oh and i thought i saw some sony mdr xb500s the other day. but it might have just been the xb300s.

No offense, but you come across as a prick and a total turn off to people that actually would do research. They'll think all of us are this ignorant.

like i said i am really sorry if i offended any of you and i don't want to get a bad reputation or banned from here so i deleted the question. also regarding your comment i did do research when i got my headphones. they were the best in my budget at my local best buy. they really have a bad selection. but i read reviews and scoured the internet before i bought them.
just sayin'

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #1,087 of 6,432
ok so at the place I work... I saw a couple of people wearing the Beats Solo and I commented on them nicely:"Those are nice headphone, how much you get them for?"  The usual response:"around $180.." I replied:"that's cool:)"  Then this one guy walked in and started telling me that he wants to get one for his girlfriend and he's kinda saving up for it... I told him that I know a pair of headphone that would cost less than the beats and sounds better and that I can write the name down for him. He replied:"Yea, I'll let you know" That guy never come back. LOL

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #1,088 of 6,432

Quote:
ok so at the place I work... I saw a couple of people wearing the Beats Solo and I commented on them nicely:"Those are nice headphone, how much you get them for?"  The usual response:"around $180.." I replied:"that's cool:)"  Then this one guy walked in and started telling me that he wants to get one for his girlfriend and he's kinda saving up for it... I told him that I know a pair of headphone that would cost less than the beats and sounds better and that I can write the name down for him. He replied:"Yea, I'll let you know" That guy never come back. LOL

haha ive done a similar thing at my job, complimenting ppl about their taste before suggesting something causes them to listen to you far more than dissing their setup. I was drunk and this "bro" was talking about how amazing his beats were, and I just flat out said "maan, beats suck" "oh ya?! beats suck? ok whatever" and he just looked at me like I was crazy. did not win any friends or arguments with that approach lol

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #1,089 of 6,432
im trying the current approach. i compliment them on there headphones saying they arent bad an dthen i try and point them in the direction of even better headphones. they always look at me like i am a moron. this is at my school where i have noticed in the last week the amount of beats has been decreasing. i think they may be starting to break on people.

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #1,090 of 6,432
My approach has been to put on headphones, bob head to music, and then wait and bait for people to be "Hey, can I try on those headphones".

I've gotten the standard "Wow, these are awesome" responsense from my K518LEs, although a few responses baffled me like "Um... it has like no isolation" and "Where is the bass?"

Also, when I was talking headphones with a teacher, this kid was like "But how much didja pay for them" and I said "Sixty?" and he says "Yea, well I paid ten and they sound better than yours"... um... he hasn't ever tried my headphones before... not to mention his cans are rebranded or knockoff WeSCs... >.>... and I think thats like the fourth time hes told me that...

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #1,091 of 6,432
Today at the train, this guy with Apple earbuds gazed at me. I get this gaze a lot, like saying "Geez this guy is wearing a hearing aid". He then took out his iphone 4 and then I took out mine.

Obviously, he is surprised when he finds out what I am wearing is not a hearing aid (because it is connected to the iphone 4). He stares at me more. I can almost hear - "Why would this freak connect a hearing aid to the Almighty iphone???"                    

I took out my customs, smiled at the apple earbud guy who stared at me and my UE18 Pro, and got off the train where I worked. Moments like this really make me chuckle.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #1,092 of 6,432
My gear is quite low-end compared to you guys but anyway...  and im not an audiophile.

Brought my SR80i to work... People can hear what i was playing and remark that i was playing too loud... I took them off to explain that theyre "open-back" headphones...

while doing so a co-worker put them on... Norah Jones playing... she said "Wow, i feel sexy just by listening to these!" and started an impressive sultry dancing while holding an imaginary mic stand pretending shes the one singing... 
beyersmile.png

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #1,093 of 6,432

Quote:
My approach has been to put on headphones, bob head to music, and then wait and bait for people to be "Hey, can I try on those headphones".

I've gotten the standard "Wow, these are awesome" responsense from my K518LEs, although a few responses baffled me like "Um... it has like no isolation" and "Where is the bass?"

I wouldn't blame them; I'd never use open back headphones on the go.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #1,094 of 6,432
The other day I was sitting in the library next to a couple of friends and I let one of my friends sitting beside me borrow my M50s. After about half an hour I see him call my other friend over and tell him to listen to them and hear how epic they sound. They were saying something along the lines of "The music sounds like its coming from everywhere and the bass isn't in your face, its like distance bass" :p LOL it made my day to have my friends appreciate my headphones :). Oh and the best part, they both own beats :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back