Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 6, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #1,141 of 6,432
She's my best friend, I think she's already planning on buying me the AD2000 next year for Christmas since she knows she'd get my AD900! I'd be happy with a pair of Denon 2000 or HD650 though! Oh and another story, after hearing my headphones her grandfather decided to look into headphones. He went out and bought Denon D1001 and a Bithead Total Airhead or whatever it's called amp. So far people in my life have definitely reacted positively to my headphones.

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #1,144 of 6,432

So, My wife says that she understands my headphone fetish needs.She did however say that she forbids me from hanging out with the people on this website or any other audiophile site.She says they are "creepy".

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #1,146 of 6,432
why

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #1,147 of 6,432
PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, yea it's kind of creepy..but me and a buddy are trying to go to the Portland meet....I think that would be even creepier. 

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #1,148 of 6,432

I know that avatar from what is that you ?
Quote:
She's my best friend, I think she's already planning on buying me the AD2000 next year for Christmas since she knows she'd get my AD900! I'd be happy with a pair of Denon 2000 or HD650 though! Oh and another story, after hearing my headphones her grandfather decided to look into headphones. He went out and bought Denon D1001 and a Bithead Total Airhead or whatever it's called amp. So far people in my life have definitely reacted positively to my headphones.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #1,149 of 6,432
Your wife is a smart lady. I would hate to wind up in some head-fier's trunk after being lured in with the promise of listening to a HiFi vinyl rig.

Quote:

So, My wife says that she understands my headphone fetish needs.She did however say that she forbids me from hanging out with the people on this website or any other audiophile site.She says they are "creepy".

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #1,150 of 6,432

Quote:
Your wife is a smart lady. I would hate to wind up in some head-fier's trunk after being lured in with the promise of listening to a HiFi vinyl rig.

Quote:

Depending on the rig, it might be worth it 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #1,151 of 6,432
Indeed

Quote:
I know that avatar from what is that you ?
Quote:

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #1,152 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Depending on the rig, it might be worth it 
evil_smiley.gif

he better have an orpheus ready to listen to! or at least a stax omega! lol

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #1,153 of 6,432
I got my M50S a few days ago and my roommate tried them on (He uses Sony MDR-NC7)... he said they were incredibly comfortable and blocked out most noise. I then turned on some music and he was completely floored by the quality. Sadly, he also said he would never spend $100 on headphones.

In another instance, I was doing homework with my friends and one of my other friends came into the area we were studying in. He asked to try my headphones on and he just says to one of my other friends "Wow, these are way better than your Beats!"

It was great.

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #1,154 of 6,432

Quote:
I got my M50S a few days ago and my roommate tried them on (He uses Sony MDR-NC7)... he said they were incredibly comfortable and blocked out most noise. I then turned on some music and he was completely floored by the quality. Sadly, he also said he would never spend $100 on headphones.

In another instance, I was doing homework with my friends and one of my other friends came into the area we were studying in. He asked to try my headphones on and he just says to one of my other friends "Wow, these are way better than your Beats!"

It was great.

Oh man, that second one is just epic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back