Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jan 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #919 of 6,432

Quote:
The average jill listens to music much more than the average head-fier. The Latter is too busy trying to hear the difference in their $200 and their $300 cable and when they're not doing that they're posting useless threads about how much superior they are because they 'get' good hedphones.

What the average Jill listens to is barely music. Some of it is okay and at least has a decent beat. Others are just made for the club and the only clarity you hear is from the 20-100hz spectrum. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #920 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
I'm afraid I already spent the money on a Sennheiser :D

Easy come, easy go...

If only he had bought my A1 that's for sale as well
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #921 of 6,432
i let my friend who is a huge metal head listen to my shure srh750dj headphones and his reactions where. WOW THESE ARE INCREDIBLE. I HEAR THINGS IN THE MUSIC I NEVER KNEW WERE THERE AND I CAN UNDERSTAND EVERY NOTE AND LYRIC. He then asked me how much they where. i proceeded to tell him it was worth $189.99 at future shop. he said WOW THATS EXPENSIVE. i proceeded to say that it was actually really cheap for the quality. i told him i got them on sale for $129.99. and he said WOW GOOD DEAL. if your wondering he was listening to primarily death metal on them. such as death, cannibal corpse, jungle rot etc. and he was listening on an ipod to. it seems to me i finally found someone who appreciates good quality audio. and he understands why i spend so much on audio gear.

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #922 of 6,432

Quote:
They don't care much about sound stage, or clarity, or sibilance because they use music as a passive activity rather than actually listening. If there's no beat they get bored and tune it out. People don't listen to music any more, they hear it.

I'm afraid that society has gotten to addicted to constant stimulation and music alone is not enough for many people to listen too.  They just have it in the background while doing something that is more stimulating and so don't really think about it.  That is why many seem not to get the point i guess.

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #923 of 6,432
I do that all the time too.  I just stop to actually listen from time to time so I like good sounding 'phones.

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #924 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
They don't care much about sound stage, or clarity, or sibilance because they use music as a passive activity rather than actually listening. If there's no beat they get bored and tune it out. People don't listen to music any more, they hear it.

I'm afraid that society has gotten to addicted to constant stimulation and music alone is not enough for many people to listen too.  They just have it in the background while doing something that is more stimulating and so don't really think about it.  That is why many seem not to get the point i guess.

i am the complete opposite of that. i usually listen to music because its what i enjoy and i do listen to everything. i appreciate music for its talent. but i do like to have a beat once in a while. i listen to primarily metal and rock. and i find i like to tune everything out and just listen to music. i cant find anything else that stimulates me more then music. tv is boring. eating only last for awhile. and gaming is a very short lived enjoyment. i find when i play video games i can only play for up to an hour before i need to get back to my happy place.(my music collection and a good pair of headphones or speaker). i am one of those people that listens to a lot of music that's underground and hard to find. hence why i use torrents. there is no other way for me to get the music. i find it sad that most of my generation thinks music is good as background noise. and they usually only listen to the top 40 crap. they need to hear good sound. and they need to hear more variety. some people are just lazy and stubborn. i am 18 if anyone is asking and i find crap music everywhere and it makes me want to put on my headphones and tune them out. so that's what i do. hi end quality is very important to me so i always bring my best pair of headphones with me everywhere. once i hear good quality i cant go back to in ear monitors, ear buds, or i buds. i cant go back to the cheapo on ears or over ears anymore. i am on the long journey to audio nirvana. and my wallet is going to hate me.
anyways peace
beyersmile.png

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #926 of 6,432

Quote:
i am the complete opposite of that. i usually listen to music because its what i enjoy and i do listen to everything. i appreciate music for its talent. but i do like to have a beat once in a while. i listen to primarily metal and rock. and i find i like to tune everything out and just listen to music. i cant find anything else that stimulates me more then music. tv is boring. eating only last for awhile. and gaming is a very short lived enjoyment. i find when i play video games i can only play for up to an hour before i need to get back to my happy place.(my music collection and a good pair of headphones or speaker). i am one of those people that listens to a lot of music that's underground and hard to find. hence why i use torrents. there is no other way for me to get the music. i find it sad that most of my generation thinks music is good as background noise. and they usually only listen to the top 40 crap. they need to hear good sound. and they need to hear more variety. some people are just lazy and stubborn. i am 18 if anyone is asking and i find crap music everywhere and it makes me want to put on my headphones and tune them out. so that's what i do. hi end quality is very important to me so i always bring my best pair of headphones with me everywhere. once i hear good quality i cant go back to in ear monitors, ear buds, or i buds. i cant go back to the cheapo on ears or over ears anymore. i am on the long journey to audio nirvana. and my wallet is going to hate me.
anyways peace
beyersmile.png

There are plenty of if IEMs (not including customs) that are much better than your best cans (assuming they are the SRH750dj).

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #927 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
anyways peace
beyersmile.png

There are plenty of if IEMs (not including customs) that are much better than your best cans (assuming they are the SRH750dj).

yes i know but i hate putting things in my ears. that's why i wear over ear headphones. i also tend to listen to music pretty loud and i find over the ear headphones dont hurt my ears as easily as iems. they cap out at a certain level. while iems are in your ears so full blast is just ear suicide.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #928 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
anyways peace
beyersmile.png

yes i know but i hate putting things in my ears. that's why i wear over ear headphones. i also tend to listen to music pretty loud and i find over the ear headphones dont hurt my ears as easily as iems. they cap out at a certain level. while iems are in your ears so full blast is just ear suicide.

...?

And I let a few people try out my Wangs today. One was slightly impressed, and actually found them out from Engadget and thought they were the most ridiculous named things he'd ever heard, and the others said they had no bass compared to Beats, which I guess I can see. They've started to balance out after a while.

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #929 of 6,432

Quote:

You do realize that your player/amp has a volume control, right?

EDIT: Ish, did you ever end up getting those Jecklins?

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #930 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:

You do realize that your player/amp has a volume control, right?

EDIT: Ish, did you ever end up getting those Jecklins?

Exactly what I was thinking...and no, sadly. More important things took precedence at the time, and a three way deal which I needed to do to get the funds fell through because of lack of communication and I really couldn't find any ways to get money, which is pretty depressing because I haven't seen a pair on sale since in the US. They're still on my list of things I wanna buy though, but seem to be overpriced at the prices they seem to be going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back