Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #6,376 of 6,432
Quote:
Here's the deal:
-All of this is offtopic as hell and you should stop.
-I'm not going to prove anything to all of you because I don't give a damn what you think, clearly I am apparently 100% wrong anyway since my opinion means gunk in here.
-Start talking about non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones again.

Capiche? 

what was your stance again?

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #6,377 of 6,432
But you're still posting. Even after you said you were leaving. Clearly you do care.
Quote:
Here's the deal:
-All of this is offtopic as hell and you should stop.
-I'm not going to prove anything to all of you because I don't give a damn what you think, clearly I am apparently 100% wrong anyway since my opinion means gunk in here.
-Start talking about non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones again.

Capiche? 

Also, you have the capability to be 100% right and gloat and lord that over people (if you so desire) if you would just take the 10-minute test. But you're full of doubt because you're scared.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #6,378 of 6,432
Some people claim they can't hear the difference between 128k and 320k mp3. Others say no difference between 320k mp3 and lossless. Others say no difference between lossless and 24bit 192 k Hidef. So let's all code all our collections at 128km mp3 and delete our flac and hidef, cause there's no difference. Come to think of it, let's encourage music producers to record/mix/master everything at 128k mp3. There's no difference.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #6,379 of 6,432
I can tell the difference :pPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP lol. 

lossy vs. lossless is very possible but 16 bit vs. 24 isn't btw if you want to know where the lines are (in reality and not just in people's heads). 

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #6,382 of 6,432
Quote:
Some people claim they can't hear the difference between 128k and 320k mp3. Others say no difference between 320k mp3 and lossless. Others say no difference between lossless and 24bit 192 k Hidef. So let's all code all our collections at 128km mp3 and delete our flac and hidef, cause there's no difference. Come to think of it, let's encourage music producers to record/mix/master everything at 128k mp3. There's no difference.

You draw some bizarre conclusions there.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #6,385 of 6,432
Quote:
There are people who claim they don't notice these differences. So if there is no difference between 128k mp3 and 24bit 192 k WAV then why waste all that hard drive space.

Because. . . . some ppl can, although the mentioned 24/192 would only have a mastering application. Understand now?

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #6,386 of 6,432
Quote:
There are people who claim they don't notice these differences. So if there is no difference between 128k mp3 and 24bit 192 k WAV then why waste all that hard drive space.

Do you actually want to know or are you just trying to insult the people who don't share your point of view on the subject?

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #6,388 of 6,432
Meu,  you know what, send me some A/B/X (or just unlabeled A/B if it's less effort) files of some Amon Tobin ISAM tracks if you want. I was just listening to it again and decided to waste my time on your experiments

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #6,390 of 6,432
Quote:
actually, what's your reason for being a member of Headfi in the first place? You'd try to ridicule about 95% of the posts here.

Can you please refrain from personal attacks? I'm not trying to ridicule anyone here.

Meu,  you know what, send me some A/B/X (or just unlabeled A/B if it's less effort) files of some Amon Tobin ISAM tracks if you want. I was just listening to it again and decided to waste my time on your experiments

Sure. It might take a little while to upload though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back