Nokai Lumia 900
Nov 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #46 of 53
Let the battery drain till the Lumia 920 doesn't start any longer. Then charge it to 100%. Also, disable features you don't use/need. Especially NFC,...it's a batter killer!!!

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #47 of 53
Quote:
Let the battery drain till the Lumia 920 doesn't start any longer. Then charge it to 100%. Also, disable features you don't use/need. Especially NFC,...it's a batter killer!!!

I have done the battery thing, i do need to disable a few background apps though, and by NFC do you mean like bluetooth and all that?

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #48 of 53
If you don't use wifi, Bluetooth, and Near Field Communication (Tap+Send) disable them all until needed. That helps conserve batter life. And when NFC is on most report about 6hrs battery life.

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #50 of 53
Keep me posted,...I think you should see a drastic improvement in battery life now though. Why they have NFC on as default is beyond me,...I turned it off a few minutes after I set up my phone. My take on it is "if you don't use it remove it",...like when I use my Android stuff. Root & Remove! Same philosophy I guess,...just disable all the unnecessary crap.

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #51 of 53
ya im more or less the same, that's kind of why i choose the phone an all because there isnt a bunch of extra stuff to worry about lol. and if i wasn't on these strong pain meds when the phone came in i probably would have noticed it sooner. but ya ill post back after a day or 2

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #53 of 53
Quote:
The nokia lumia line isn't getting WP8 due to one simple fact: it does not fit the hardware requirement. Even so, whats wrong with the current WP 7.5 OS, or the upcoming 7.8? Theres nothing wrong with it! Its perfectly usuable :S.

I wouldnt even want wp8 on my lumia 800, it works awesome and updating to wp8 might even kill the smoothness of the phone. What Apple is doing is kind of bad, they cramp their new OS, which requires more processing power, on their old modelled phones that simply dont have a CPU thats strong enough to fluidly use the new(est) OS.

I certainly experienced that on Android moving from 2.3.6 to 4 really killed the performance of my phone. By all accounts though IOS 6 runs better than the IOS5 on the older 3GS. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back