Nokai Lumia 900
Jun 24, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #32 of 53
Being able to use a line out adapter was awesome when using in my car.  Much better sound than the in dash factor CD player of my 'premium' stereo.  That's why I would like some sort of line out option for my Lumia 900.  

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #35 of 53
Since us Lumia 900 owners are on getting a facelift OS update, and supposedly no OS enhancements/improvements, I'm definitely getting an iPhone 5 when it comes out this fall. An iPhone isn't perfect, but it does what I want it to do when it comes to my media enjoyment. IMO Microsoft & Nokia dropped the ball on us, and I'll be damned if I pick it up again. I'd even go get another Motorola phone,...but no more Windows phones.

I'll see what happens in Sept/Oct,...but so far I'm set in my mind now.

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #36 of 53
I can't argue with your logic. If I needed more entertainment out of my phone, I'd probably do the same. But, seeing that I now bring my Fuze with me all the time, and don't bother with video playback while out and about, my Lumia 900 suits me just fine.

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #37 of 53
The nokia lumia line isn't getting WP8 due to one simple fact: it does not fit the hardware requirement. Even so, whats wrong with the current WP 7.5 OS, or the upcoming 7.8? Theres nothing wrong with it! Its perfectly usuable :S.

I wouldnt even want wp8 on my lumia 800, it works awesome and updating to wp8 might even kill the smoothness of the phone. What Apple is doing is kind of bad, they cramp their new OS, which requires more processing power, on their old modelled phones that simply dont have a CPU thats strong enough to fluidly use the new(est) OS.

Jul 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #38 of 53
We all know why there will be no update to WP8, and it's easily worked around to make it compatible on our "flagship" Lumia devices. It's the unwillingness of both companies to do so do that has us miffed. I don't care how fluid or usable they are, we're being shafted in the end. IPhone 5, or Atrix HD, here I come!!!

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #39 of 53
Just as minor update. I was toying around with my wife's GSIII, and since it came with it's own ear buds, with inline volume etc, controls, I figured what the heck. Amazingly enough, the volume and pause/play functions on earbuds, DO work as expected. So, it begs the question, will the Image S4A's work with the Lumia 900? Here's hoping.

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #41 of 53
I don't think it's an unwillingness to put WP8 on the Lumia 900 but I'm glad it will be updated.  I still think WP is superior to Android and iOS having had devices on each of them.  WP has it's downsides but I still find it to be the best OS.  I would definitely love to have the 920 or the HTC 8X but my phone is still working great. 

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #42 of 53
An EQ and Dolby on the 900? Hmm,...if the update wasn't going to be so far off maybe I'd have waited. But, I have no complaints about my Lumia 920. It's an excellent phone. I wouldn't say it's better than Android or iOS, it's just what I prefer. My only complaint is the music app for my comp,...it crashes before finalizing my playlist & music transfers from iTunes. 99% success is ok for me.

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #43 of 53
:xf_eek: i forgot about this thread lol, i also have jumped on the lumia 920, yes i had the 900 which was great and all, but i had a chance to get the 920 at the contract price without renewing my contract so i figured why not. and i must say i LOVE the lumia 920. it sounds just as good, i still haven't messed with the EQ and stuff but im sure ill get to it eventually. as far as the phone itself i love the screen so much, battery life is kinda ok, but with the charging pad and a charger with me at school its never an issue, it feels great in the hand, and they got rid of the annoying sharp edge around the screen so its nice and smooth now. all in all i was very happy with the 900, im even happier with the 920.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #44 of 53
:xf_eek: i forgot about this thread lol, i also have jumped on the lumia 920, yes i had the 900 which was great and all, but i had a chance to get the 920 at the contract price without renewing my contract so i figured why not. and i must say i LOVE the lumia 920. it sounds just as good, i still haven't messed with the EQ and stuff but im sure ill get to it eventually. as far as the phone itself i love the screen so much, battery life is kinda ok, but with the charging pad and a charger with me at school its never an issue, it feels great in the hand, and they got rid of the annoying sharp edge around the screen so its nice and smooth now. all in all i was very happy with the 900, im even happier with the 920.

I read reports of it being pretty heavy?

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #45 of 53
Quote:
I read reports of it being pretty heavy?

it is heavy, i personally like it that way, i guess it just feels more solid to me like that.  honestly i think everything on the phone is as good as can be, however the battery life isnt that good, even with a big 2000 mAH battery.  it just feels like it drains rather fast however i turned off the auto brightness today because when in sunlight it goes into like a turbo brightness that im pretty sure is part of the issue.  ill post back in a day or 2 and let you know how it does without that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back