1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noise Isolation earphones

1. NoNoise
    Hi, I'm new to this website.

Can someone recommend me some earphones that offer the best noise isolation with audio quality as second priority.

I have a pair of UE 700s. They work great, but I was wondering if there are other earphones out there that have better noise isolation.

Or could I possibly buy some Etymotic Research tips and get better noise isolation with those?

Thanks.

2. pekingduck
    Try the Shure SE110/115's. They are pretty cheap and offer superb isolation (especially with the olive tips)

3. Marcus_C
    With etymotic the isolation is a combination of factors so switching to etymotic tips won't miraculously give better isolation. I'm surprised the ue700's don't already have very good isolation though, are you using them in a noisy environment? Have you got fit issues? Although I haven't used them so i'm guessing really. The hf5 isolation with a good fit is second to none to the point of being dangerous and a bit beyond.

4. BrianMB

Quote:

How true that is. I can be in the office wearing my hf3s and hear absolutely nothing. My boss can come up to me like she did this morning and start talking, and I have to read her lips. Needless to say, she's learned when I first walk in and am still wearing my phones, she waits til I've taken them out to start talking :wink: This is when I'm using the large tri-flange tips that came with the phones. I have a set of Shure Olives that I want to try out yet as well but haven't gotten to that as yet.