NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
May 13, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #767 of 928
Do you use them outside? I am curious about isolation 

Also, what do you think about the bass? 

How could you describe the general signature?

Thank you :)

Isolation is good, but I use Spiral Dot tips. I ´m not basshead, so to my taste are Savants with AK Wolfson perfect and sound is detailed and balanced. I do like this sound much more, than some of Cyrus applications.

May 14, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #768 of 928
Hi everyone, I wonder how's the sound different between the Savant and the N3? I know the N3 has a V-shape pattern, but I'm not sure about the imaging. And how is the hiss sound in Savant?

May 14, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #773 of 928
so I just watched a video on youtube tearing down the Savant and checking its innards. He commented it actually costs Noble $50 to only make the savant. Im honestly quite shocked at how cheap it was made.

Pretty sure the youtube guy doesn't include the r&d spent to get savant sound that good and other stuff... Maybe you know, Dr.John/wizard's experience?

May 14, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #774 of 928
And you believe everything on the net, and you would believe statements made by a competitor

I haven't watched that video but am pretty sure I know the one you're talking about. If it is the one I'm thinking of I certainly hope that the person who posted it disclosed that they're a competitor who was tearing apart IEM while researching how to design their own to sell to us. The product I'm thinking of recently went up for sale for several hundred dollars. I wonder if they'll do a tear down for their own product, reveal how much the components cost, and then try and justify why they marked it up so much, lol.

May 15, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #775 of 928
I haven't watched that video but am pretty sure I know the one you're talking about. If it is the one I'm thinking of I certainly hope that the person who posted it disclosed that they're a competitor who was tearing apart IEM while researching how to design their own to sell to us. The product I'm thinking of recently went up for sale for several hundred dollars. I wonder if they'll do a tear down for their own product, reveal how much the components cost, and then try and justify why they marked it up so much, lol.

0.o

May 15, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #776 of 928
The two drivers in the savant are $50 per side for the stock drivers if you were to purchase them from digikey/mouser (at least for the old plastic shell version of the savant). However you can make adjustments to the drivers and other tuning changes that effect the sound. Some of these tuning changes can cause driver death and some drivers won't perform as well as others so you have to account for overhead, warranty, etc. And let me tell you working with IEM drivers is not an easy thing to do...

May 16, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #777 of 928
The two drivers in the savant are $50 per side for the stock drivers if you were to purchase them from digikey/mouser (at least for the old plastic shell version of the savant). However you can make adjustments to the drivers and other tuning changes that effect the sound. Some of these tuning changes can cause driver death and some drivers won't perform as well as others so you have to account for overhead, warranty, etc. And let me tell you working with IEM drivers is not an easy thing to do...

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/Pr-8AP0To4k[/VIDEO]

May 28, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #780 of 928
Getting these beauties tomorrow, UPS gods willing :wink:

those babies look better in person, and further more, that is a rare design.  

Thanks, John. The UPS gods did indeed smile upon me. Heading into a three day weekend, I was somewhat fearful of a failed delivery attempt. And indeed, my wife returned home after a brief outing to find the dreaded UPS slip on our door. But not two minutes later, the UPS truck drove by our house one more time, saw my wife out front, and dropped off the package.

Indeed, these are a beautiful pair of IEM in person with great sound to boot, so cheers right back atcha Wizard. Happy to be part of the Noble family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back