NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Apr 1, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #736 of 928
Good call about the Spiral Dots.  Never heard of them until mentioned recently.  Good seal for my ears.  Just tried them so too early to make solid statements, but upon initial listening I was really impressed.  

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #738 of 928
I've tried the Spiral Dots in size M this week, u dislike the isolation which to my ears poor, but the sound was good enough compared to some other tips I own. Back with the EarSonics ear tips (a bit cut) I think it's the best for sound and isolation performance.

Apr 3, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #739 of 928
I use meelec m9 bi-flanges on the Savant. They allow deeper insertion and better seal for me.

Been listening to Weezer's new release: White Album and the Savant delivers in projecting the raw sound that the album is gunning for.

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #742 of 928
Apr 4, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #743 of 928
I don't think there are too many in the blue swirl I was fortunate to get. Thanks, although I'm loving the aluminum ones a ton too

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #744 of 928
I'm very, very interested in getting a pair of the aluminum savants to replace my shure 535's which are feeling long in the tooth, but I'm hoping to hear some more reviews of the new housing before jumping on board. Just got a DX80 to tide over my upgrade fever and prepare for my next level iem.

Any chance of a tour heading to the NYC area? We are now officially mid April. Any word on when they start to ship?

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #745 of 928
  I'm very, very interested in getting a pair of the aluminum savants to replace my shure 535's which are feeling long in the tooth, but I'm hoping to hear some more reviews of the new housing before jumping on board. Just got a DX80 to tide over my upgrade fever and prepare for my next level iem.

Any chance of a tour heading to the NYC area? We are now officially mid April. Any word on when they start to ship?

We are patiently waiting for the first impressions to come in.
Hopefully we start seeing them in the next couple of weeks.

Also looking forward to the other retuned universal line: Trident, Savanna, Django, Dulce.

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #746 of 928
Hello all, for anyone interested in purchasing a one of a kind Wizard Savant iem here is a pretty good deal!

Noble Wizard Savant 

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #747 of 928
I used to own a pair of Noble 4C, which I sadly lost a few weeks ago (honestly, I really couldn't think of a reason why someone would want to keep them, given their custom shape, but that person who took them away nevertheless did). I then ordered the N4, the Savant, and the K10U  from Noble to try them out. At first I did not like the Savant as much as the N4, noting the slight, slight difference in their brightness. (Don't take me wrong, Savant is 95% as bright as the N4, and  it took me 20 mins to notice this slight difference.) But later one thing changed my mind: I noticed how much better the K10U was able to create an amazing sense of space, which N4 lacks. In the end I decided that I didn't like the heavy bass of K10U, which made the low notes of a piano sound like double-bass - it was too muddy for a instrumental fan like me. But I also discovered that I could not turn back to the N4 anymore, having experience the sense of space that K10 creates. This was when I realized the merit of Savant. It's between the N4 and the K10. It has both the clarity of the N4 and an improved sense of space (though not as great as K10). The slightly emphasized bass(compared to N4) revealed a not-insignificant portion of the bass line of some music pieces, which were undiscovered due to the absence of bass of the N4. This was the reason why in the end, I decided to keep the Savant, and I'm happy for the decision. 

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #748 of 928
I used to own a pair of N4C, which I sadly lost a few weeks ago. I then ordered the N4, the Savant, and the K10U  from Noble to try them out. At first I did not like the Savant as much as the N4, noting the slight, slight difference in their brightness. (Don't take me wrong, Savant is 95% as bright as the N4, and  it took me 20 mins to notice this slight difference.) But later one thing changed my mind: I noticed how much better the K10U was able to create an amazing sense of space, which N4 lacks. In the end I decided that I didn't like the heavy bass of K10U, which made the low notes of a piano sound like double-bass - it was too muddy for a instrumental fan like me. But I also discovered that I could not turn back to the N4 anymore, having experience the sense of space that K10 creates. This was when I realized the merit of Savant. It's between the N4 and the K10. It has both the clarity of the N4 and an improved sense of space (though not as great as K10). The slightly emphasized bass(compared to N4) revealed a not-insignificant portion of the bass line of some pieces, which were totally undiscovered due to the lack of bass of the N4. This was the reason why in the end, I decided to keep the Savant, and I'm happy for the decision. 
Thank you for your insight. Glad to hear it because all reviews about k10u recently make me want to pick k10u, although i just got savant few weeks ago.

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #749 of 928
Thank you for your insight. Glad to hear it because all reviews about k10u recently make me want to pick k10u, although i just got savant few weeks ago.

ah, it's really too bad that you missed the new Savant model by just a few weeks. (assuming that the new aluminum model is more attractive to you just as it is to me) I was lucky enough to have a chance to refund the old one (which I bought just to try, having made an arrangement with Brannon) in exchange for a pre-order for the new model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back