NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Apr 19, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #751 of 928
having owned both, I agree with you with the exception of one small thing:

I discovered that N4, though perfectly precise, does not necessarily reveal everything. Sometimes Noble 4's absence of bass hides the base lines of some music pieces, which I didn't know they existed until I put on the K10. A great example would be Astor Piazzolla's Central Park Concert album. I realized that I had been unsware of some of the great stuff Hector Console was doing with his double bass in the back because I had not been able to hear it with my Noble 4C.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #752 of 928
  I used to own a pair of N4C, which I sadly lost a few weeks ago. I then ordered the N4, the Savant, and the K10U  from Noble to try them out. At first I did not like the Savant as much as the N4, noting the slight, slight difference in their brightness. (Don't take me wrong, Savant is 95% as bright as the N4, and  it took me 20 mins to notice this slight difference.) But later one thing changed my mind: I noticed how much better the K10U was able to create an amazing sense of space, which N4 lacks. In the end I decided that I didn't like the heavy bass of K10U, which made the low notes of a piano sound like double-bass - it was too muddy for a instrumental fan like me. But I also discovered that I could not turn back to the N4 anymore, having experience the sense of space that K10 creates. This was when I realized the merit of Savant. It's between the N4 and the K10. It has both the clarity of the N4 and an improved sense of space (though not as great as K10). The slightly emphasized bass(compared to N4) revealed a not-insignificant portion of the bass line of some pieces, which were totally undiscovered due to the lack of bass of the N4. This was the reason why in the end, I decided to keep the Savant, and I'm happy for the decision. 

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 25, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #755 of 928
Hi, recently I join the family by purchasing Savant wizard edition. I know it was beautiful, but seeing it in person it's even more beautiful.
So I tried using it with dx90, traluscent dacamp one,Sony z3, and my friend's ip6s+.
The result I prefer the sound from ip6s+ > traluscent dacamp one -> dx90+traluscent as amp = z3 > dx90

Now the problem is I know it could sound better so I'm thinking of getting a mojo
But I saw the price between mojo and onkyoo dp-x1 is not too different ao im thinking of getting the dp-x1 instead
Has anyone tried dp-x1 with savant? How does it compared with mojo?

May 8, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #760 of 928
Hi, recently I join the family by purchasing Savant wizard edition. I know it was beautiful, but seeing it in person it's even more beautiful.
So I tried using it with dx90, traluscent dacamp one,Sony z3, and my friend's ip6s+.
The result I prefer the sound from ip6s+ > traluscent dacamp one -> dx90+traluscent as amp = z3 > dx90

Now the problem is I know it could sound better so I'm thinking of getting a mojo
But I saw the price between mojo and onkyoo dp-x1 is not too different ao im thinking of getting the dp-x1 instead
Has anyone tried dp-x1 with savant? How does it compared with mojo?

If you like Savants + iP6s, than Mojo will lift sound of those two on technicaly perfect level. And I think, that FullCircle have DP-X1, so it can not be wrong either.

May 8, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #761 of 928
If you like Savants + iP6s, than Mojo will lift sound of those two on technicaly perfect level. And I think, that FullCircle have DP-X1, so it can not be wrong either.

Yeah I picked up mojo since I already have dx90 few days ago and it sounds a lot better than ip6s.
Money well spent indeed

May 8, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #762 of 928
Just won a pair of Wizard Savant at today's Portland meet. Looking forward to seeing and hearing these beauties when they arrive!

Glad to meet you today Brannon
smily_headphones1.gif

Congratulations! Will you be able to post some photos? curious about the design...

May 9, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #763 of 928
Congratulations! Will you be able to post some photos? curious about the design...

I will once I get them. Brannon's going to send me some pics to look through soon, so I can choose which pair I want. How cool is that? He could've just brought a pair but instead they gave the winner a choice. Nice!

May 13, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #764 of 928
i am getting more and more interested by these iem

Does anyone tried them with AK Jr ? 

My previous iem were Heir Audio 4.ai and Westone W40. I have a Oppo PM-3 at the moment. But I want to come back to iem 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back