NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Oct 5, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #847 of 928
  Do the tips matter? I had a terrible experience with the shure se535 and the eartips affecting the noise.

In my experience, the tips matter. My ears are sensitive (I am a piano technician) but if you are focused and interested in sound quality, you will probably hear a difference between tips. I prefer Comply tips. There are a lot of options, but for now I have stopped here. They sounds and fit the best of the options I have tried, especially compared to the foam tips that come with Savant. Take your time experimenting. If you like the sound signature of the Savant, then they will never sound bad with any tip.

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #848 of 928
In terms of universal IEMs, would you guys recommend the Savanna or the Savant? 

I like them both for different reasons. Savanna is mid-centric and very enjoyable for long listening, while the Savant has a balanced presentation which is more useful when trying to analyse the music.
Depends on your taste/needs

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #850 of 928
Do the tips matter? I had a terrible experience with the shure se535 and the eartips affecting the noise.

Shure standard tips are awful. Don't know why they exist personally. For my old SE215 I prefer Medium CP800 SpinFits. They fit better, are a hell of a lot more comfortable and the duct is wider which gives the 215 a wider sound.

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #854 of 928
  What's the benefit of those tips? 
Also, has anybody else had problems with harshness at the high-mids? The higher end of female vocals are quite screechy for me.

I tested on Savants a lot of tips, incl. delivered by Noble, SpinFit, Comply and SpiralDots. Last mentioned gave me best combination of seal, comfort and sound. I believe, that many of us found it same. SpiralDots have advantage in sizes, because they do not offer only S, M, L. JVC have kind of size in between ML and that help to get proper seal to most people. Material they use is very soft and big bore of these tip fit on to Noble IEM just right.
Regarding to your second question I can recommend to try some after market custom cable. That is according to my opinion way how to fine tuned sound to your liking.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #855 of 928
 What's the benefit of those tips? 
Also, has anybody else had problems with harshness at the high-mids? The higher end of female vocals are quite screechy for me.

I tested on Savants a lot of tips, incl. delivered by Noble, SpinFit, Comply and SpiralDots. Last mentioned gave me best combination of seal, comfort and sound. I believe, that many of us found it same. SpiralDots have advantage in sizes, because they do not offer only S, M, L. JVC have kind of size in between ML and that help to get proper seal to most people. Material they use is very soft and big bore of these tip fit on to Noble IEM just right.
Regarding to your second question I can recommend to try some after market custom cable. That is according to my opinion way how to fine tuned sound to your liking.

If anyone is interested in Spiral Dot tips they can be tricky to find outside Japan. I can however personally recommended Dopaminer on the forums who sells them on his eBay page under the handle Corvid5000. He sells Spiral Dots, Spin Fits and Sony Hybrid Tips. Delivery has always been a few days before the quote delivery range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back