Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes
Feb 14, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #48 of 400
Another case where ears can change is if you wear braces...the position of the jaw changes and thus the ears. Mostly for teens, but some adults wear them too.

Hard to tell if Mimouille's joking or being serious half the time. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a joke.

Then again it seems feasible  enough.

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #49 of 400
Do you have a source for that?
Yep, I just had braces for 1 year as an adult. My ears did not move before that as my customs fit perfectly for a while and after the braces the fit was too tight on the right. I am not sure but my audiologist and orthodontist both think it is very possibly related.

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #51 of 400
  Bumping this out of curiosity as to whether anyone but VisceriousZero has compared the two yet.

FYI

Quote:

Loved K10! This demo really make me think differently about Noble audio. Heir 8.a was a disappointment to me. But the K10...is so much superior.

Will post some impressions later. I can understand why people say K10 sounds better than Roxanne, because it really is, although I haven't even received my Roxanne yet.
Well done Wizard!

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #52 of 400
FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Loved K10! This demo really make me think differently about Noble audio. Heir 8.a was a disappointment to me. But the K10...is so much superior.

Will post some impressions later. I can understand why people say K10 sounds better than Roxanne, because it really is, although I haven't even received my Roxanne yet.
Well done Wizard!

Make sure to leave an impression when you do!

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #55 of 400
Time for the big boys of CIEM or IEM manufacturers to incorporate EQ control for their product because everybody hears differently and EQ (for those who really know how to use them) will give them the freedom to customise their own preference in terms of Bass & Treble frequencies without affecting the Mid EQ

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #58 of 400
I am getting impressions done this week and am between the Noble K10, wizard edition (thinking it could integrate with my everyday watch, a JLC Master Compressor World Extreme (Ltd. Ed. with carbon fiber face (got to love government auctions)), or the Roxanne's.  Moving from Shure 535s.  I will hear the Roxanne's at the audiologist I am headed to get my impressions done at, but I am skeptical of buying from JHA right now and have had a pretty good discussion with the US rep of Noble already (though he is out of the country).  Regardless, I wondered id anyone had further impressions on these two CIEMs.  Yes, that was a long bump...

Shawn

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #59 of 400
  I am getting impressions done this week and am between the Noble K10, wizard edition (thinking it could integrate with my everyday watch, a JLC Master Compressor World Extreme (Ltd. Ed. with carbon fiber face (got to love government auctions)), or the Roxanne's.  Moving from Shure 535s.  I will hear the Roxanne's at the audiologist I am headed to get my impressions done at, but I am skeptical of buying from JHA right now and have had a pretty good discussion with the US rep of Noble already (though he is out of the country).  Regardless, I wondered id anyone had further impressions on these two CIEMs.  Yes, that was a long bump...

Shawn

That is one badass watch - and as a bonus it makes the K10 look like a bargain!
biggrin.gif

All jokes aside, I actually consider the K10 to be good value. Yes, I said it. They do EVERYTHING so damn well that they have put my other headphones pretty much out of a job. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #60 of 400
Bought the watch at a tax auction, so I got it at a huge discount.  Unless the watch is a Rolex, Cartier or Brietling, people at an auction don't recognize a watch brand.  I pretty much stole the watch.  The IEMs I have to pay full freight on, so the only bargin is sanity and peace.  Anyway, have you heard the Roxanne's too?  I am hearing them on Thursday, but won't be able to hear the K10s.  Hard to choose....  Wish there was more info out there.  I am leaning K10s for look and, frankly, customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back