Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA
Sep 7, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #214 of 328
Love the Kaiser but then I was overwhelmed by Katana. Great response and tight ass...I meant bass 
tongue.gif

Talking to the sun, moon and the stars on whether I should get the universal or custom
rolleyes.gif
 hope that the Sound God would give me an answer soon 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #215 of 328
  Love the Kaiser but then I was overwhelmed by Katana. Great response and tight ass...I meant bass 
tongue.gif

Talking to the sun, moon and the stars on whether I should get the universal or custom
rolleyes.gif
 hope that the Sound God would give me an answer soon 
ksc75smile.gif

Why wait. Life is the most precious resource. Toys no good in afterlife. Money neither.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #217 of 328
I uploaded Noble Katana review on my JP blog.
http://vaiopocket.seesaa.net/article/441829630.html
Here I described what the Katana is, Who is the Wizard and How Katana sounded.

For English summary, I mainly used AK70(USB out)+iQubeV5 DAC combo as well as Hugo and Mojo. 
Katana delivers uncanny transparency and great detail, that makes fading voice strikingly beautiful. Mids and Highs are lush and crystal clear. 
Also Katana sports well balanced frequency response with well controlled bass. Actually the Katana delivers extraordinarily sharpness and tight sound on all over the frequency. In addition to that, I feel very wide frequency response with deep bass. The bass is not humped while extend into  the deep sub bass.

Katana is fairly honest to the source gear as well as Katana reveals all the sound quality of the gear. I can feel the smoothness of MP filtering on RWAK120, a tactile texture of Hugo and a very low distortion off the digital amp of iQube. Katana is a great reproduction monitor too.
Katana reminds me of the sound of the Tzar350 but far more refined. I think the extra sharpness and the honest sound reproduction has inherit to Katana. It's like a family tree of the reference IEM by Wizard.

When I removed them from my ears, I was impressed again by the compact nature of Katana. This is even pillow friendly.
Katana is a great piece of masterwork and a top notch IEM. As a Japanese, I know Katana - Japanese sword has been made by a few sword masters some of them is a living National Treasure of Japan. Katana sword is not a mere weapon but an art work. Noble Katana is well worth the name. 

I will compare Katana with K10 in the next article as well as available re-cable options.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #218 of 328
  I uploaded Noble Katana review on my JP blog.
http://vaiopocket.seesaa.net/article/441829630.html
Here I described what the Katana is, Who is the Wizard and How Katana sounded.

For English summary, I mainly used AK70(USB out)+iQubeV5 DAC combo as well as Hugo and Mojo. 
Katana delivers uncanny transparency and great detail, that makes fading voice strikingly beautiful. Mids and Highs are lush and crystal clear. 
Also Katana sports well balanced frequency response with well controlled bass. Actually the Katana delivers extraordinarily sharpness and tight sound on all over the frequency. In addition to that, I feel very wide frequency response with deep bass. The bass is not humped while extend into  the deep sub bass.

Katana is fairly honest to the source gear as well as Katana reveals all the sound quality of the gear. I can feel the smoothness of MP filtering on RWAK120, a tactile texture of Hugo and a very low distortion off the digital amp of iQube. Katana is a great reproduction monitor too.
Katana reminds me of the sound of the Tzar350 but far more refined. I think the extra sharpness and the honest sound reproduction has inherit to Katana. It's like a family tree of the reference IEM by Wizard.

When I removed them from my ears, I was impressed again by the compact nature of Katana. This is even pillow friendly.
Katana is a great piece of masterwork and a top notch IEM. As a Japanese, I know Katana - Japanese sword has been made by a few sword masters some of them is a living National Treasure of Japan. Katana sword is not a mere weapon but an art work. Noble Katana is well worth the name. 

I will compare Katana with K10 in the next article as well as available re-cable options.

Thanks for the review

and for those that are interested, the Katana is currently in stock on the Noble Website.  

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 11, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #219 of 328
Boss/Roland have just announced a new range of guitar amps and a head. Called ........... Katana

Sep 11, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #223 of 328
  Here's my review of the Katana!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-katana/reviews/16823

Nice review.

Just from the review I get the impression that in general you perceive Katana as improvement over K10, yet you ranked Katana's audio quality 9/10 and K10's as 10/10. Could you elucidate.

Sep 11, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #224 of 328
Nice review.

Just from the review I get the impression that in general you perceive Katana as improvement over K10, yet you ranked Katana's audio quality 9/10 and K10's as 10/10. Could you elucidate.

I think you have to take into consideration the fact that the k10's review was written over a year ago, a year and a half almost to be precise. Many things have changed and lots of competition has come on the market. Take the shure electrostats for example, tonally I would not care too much for them but technically? crazy crazy stuff, insane transparency and resolution all around.

With the number ratings I honestly find it hard to give a rating sometimes and I don't like that system. Also, it's sometimes a little buggy and the number I choose comes out reflected wrongly don't ask me why.

whatever it is, I think focus on the review and what is said there, that will give you a better idea of things.

Sep 12, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #225 of 328
I think you have to take into consideration the fact that the k10's review was written over a year ago, a year and a half almost to be precise. Many things have changed and lots of competition has come on the market. Take the shure electrostats for example, tonally I would not care too much for them but technically? crazy crazy stuff, insane transparency and resolution all around.

With the number ratings I honestly find it hard to give a rating sometimes and I don't like that system. Also, it's sometimes a little buggy and the number I choose comes out reflected wrongly don't ask me why.

whatever it is, I think focus on the review and what is said there, that will give you a better idea of things.

As a reader, looking at the graph area, specifically from the Audio Quality I want to have a quick overview if there's anything sub-optimal about that product in that area, something that would stand out while using it. The only negative mentioned is dynamics, as compared to the dynamic driver technology vs BA technology in general. Sorry if I'm making no sense. Leaving it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back