No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware.
Jan 13, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #226 of 293
what about the guys who paid twice and double that price , should't you give them free headphones or specail discounts or better send them a kiss .
why you didn't improve the bad cables , they suck for 2000$ headphones, I bought 2 new cables and  send lcd 3 two times for these stupid drivers failure.

recent lcd3 buyer and soon to be fanboy here. The reason i always here is they want to save costs on a part people will replace any way. which begs the question why have 2 cables then? maybe 2 cheap cables costs Audeze less then 30$ while 1 nice cable would cost ~150$ and seriously effect cost.

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #227 of 293
My LCD-3 driver failed!! They want $400 to fix it. It is my second LCD-3 and now both have had driver failure. Worse is the customer service attitude how they play dumb about it like we have no idea its a product defect and not typical malfunction.

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #229 of 293
  1. The prices for driver replacements have been revised.
  2. The LCD-3 is $375, the LCD-X/XC is $325, and the LCD-2 is now $250

what happened to these prices listed in 2015???

as i wrote to Audeze after they said they would drop the quoted price of 800 (2/15):

"I hope that when you review the costs the figure you arrive it is indeed closer to 300 than 500. I further hope that you do review them case by case, and where the drivers have not failed on the part of the user/owner, that you continue to make good on your promises to stand behind your product. "

I also hoped that they would examine the blown driver and if it did in fact die from the  acknowledged manufacturing issue that they would continue to replace the bad drivers at no cost to the owner, but if not then charge the 375 they had quoted in 2015". 

this is disappointing, that they are simply saying "out of warranty. $400 plus shipping".
back to the original point of my creating this thread - if it's failing due to the known weakness than Audeze should be replacing them, not charging to fix their defect. they should in fact consider this history of failure and their response to the failure as basically a recall that is to be handled as failure occurs.

shame is rearing it's ugly head again.

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #230 of 293

1. The prices for driver replacements have been revised.
  2. The LCD-3 is $375, the LCD-X/XC is $325, and the LCD-2 is now $250

what happened to these prices listed in 2015???

as i wrote to Audeze after they said they would drop the quoted price of 800 (2/15):

"I hope that when you review the costs the figure you arrive it is indeed closer to 300 than 500. I further hope that you do review them case by case, and where the drivers have not failed on the part of the user/owner, that you continue to make good on your promises to stand behind your product. "

I also hoped that they would examine the blown driver and if it did in fact die from the  acknowledged manufacturing issue that they would continue to replace the bad drivers at no cost to the owner, but if not then charge the 375 they had quoted in 2015". 

this is disappointing, that they are simply saying "out of warranty. $400 plus shipping".
back to the original point of my creating this thread - if it's failing due to the known weakness than Audeze should be replacing them, not charging to fix their defect. they should in fact consider this history of failure and their response to the failure as basically a recall that is to be handled as failure occurs.

shame is rearing it's ugly head again.

That is what I'm going through now. I have had two LCD-3s , and both have had driver failure, only this one is out of warranty. The thing is their LCD3 was manufactured with defect drivers, so why did extending the warranty solve that? It should have been a product recall. I think more and more people will go through this since faulty drivers are faulty drivers no matter what age they are. (Now I have paid repair fees fair and square to other companies but this seems dishonest.)

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #231 of 293
It's no different than a car, or a computer. Things come with warranties and sometimes they break when the warranty is expired. That's just the way it works for all products. Why should headphones be exempt from this?

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #232 of 293
It's no different than a car, or a computer. Things come with warranties and sometimes they break when the warranty is expired. That's just the way it works for all products. Why should headphones be exempt from this?

When 5-10% of the cars break down with the same problem, recall should be issued.  LCD-3 membrane quits working is a known problem.  Mine quit working for seven times and counting.  Luckily, mine is still under warranty, so no cost, but such a pain...

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #233 of 293
And how about computers? You don't see Apple replacing hard drives on laptops and those are in town that they will fail. Many people paid $2000-$3000 for that device. Technology breaks, it's just how it works. 36 months is more than generous when many headphones only have a 2 year warranty, if even that.

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #234 of 293
Headphones have way less parts than a computer and none is a complex, nanometer-size maze.  My $20 white apple buds are still working after ten years, so expecting $2K headphones to work for more than 3 years (the current warranty) is not too unreasonable.  All my LCD-3 driver repairs lasted for less than a year for each left/right and I constantly have to ship 'em back for a fix.  I live near Audeze, so the turn-around time (about 3-4 days) is alright.        

If products from a brand start to crap-up constantly, free-market dictates demand for the brand will decline.  These will be my last purchase from Auddeze.     

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #235 of 293
And how about computers? You don't see Apple replacing hard drives on laptops and those are in town that they will fail. Many people paid $2000-$3000 for that device. Technology breaks, it's just how it works. 36 months is more than generous when many headphones only have a 2 year warranty, if even that.

I know this is the kind of shady stuff companies decide on, because of the bottom line. They know no one will file a lawsuit over headphones, and they are probably right. I think we could argue some kind of fraud though. They knew the product was faulty and said you're out of luck, when it's their own fault. They just think its too small a number of us to impact their company.

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #236 of 293
2-3 years is not that generous. Many products carry a no questions asked lifetime warranty. I've had many cheapo Koss headphones repaired and still have a refurbished pro4aa, they have never questions how failure occurred or asked for any money.

Now I'm a huge Audeze fan still, but when i bought my LCD-3's and told my dad about the 3 year warranty he laughed, thought it was ridiculous that an item this expensive wouldn't have better coverage.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #237 of 293
  Headphones have way less parts than a computer and none is a complex, nanometer-size maze.  My $20 white apple buds are still working after ten years, so expecting $2K headphones to work for more than 3 years (the current warranty) is not too unreasonable.  All my LCD-3 driver repairs lasted for less than a year for each left/right and I constantly have to ship 'em back for a fix.  I live near Audeze, so the turn-around time (about 3-4 days) is alright.        

If products from a brand start to crap-up constantly, free-market dictates demand for the brand will decline.  These will be my last purchase from Auddeze.     

Bro, you're up to 7? god dam lolol. 
Im the guy who used to hold the world record for audeze failures (5) until skoobydoo stole gold from me :)

That is not an equal analogy. HDDs are known to be unreliable. so when one fails its not considered a design flaw or a fault of the manufacturer. But if iphone touch screens spontaneously stop working, or if iphone displays spontaneously stop displaying. And customers are forced to continuously replace them (in my case it would be 5 times), and apple has admitted that there is a flaw in the batch of touchscreens/displays that is causing the issue. Apple will most definitely issue a recall, or service replacements for devices purchased with the flaw regardless if it is outside the warranty. Something like that happened recently in the tech world actually, the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book chargers had a flaw where they would bend and short at a specific point. Microsoft issued a recall and replaced all affected users.....

I think Audeze should fullfill (for free) all warranty request where the failure is related to this issue, even though the headphone it outside of warranty. If you happen to be "unlucky?" and your headphone lasts more than your warranty period, then fails because of the same issue, then that's very unfortunate. Like skooby my headphones never lasted more than 1 year. After my 5th failure i was done, and hearing cases like this does not exactly inspire confidence to try audeze again.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #238 of 293
I think Audeze should fullfill (for free) all warranty request where the failure is related to this issue, even though the headphone it outside of warranty. If you happen to be "unlucky?" and your headphone lasts more than your warranty period, then fails because of the same issue, then that's very unfortunate. Like skooby my headphones never lasted more than 1 year. After my 5th failure i was done, and hearing cases like this does not exactly inspire confidence to try audeze again.

Thank you all for responding to cverson70. This is about a defect not normal wear and tear. nor is it about an electronic component with a known general unreliability such hard drives (it's why we all have backups. and more backups.) 

as matthewhypolite states above,  "Audeze should fullfill (for free) all warranty request where the failure is related to this issue".

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #239 of 293
Apple doesn't do recalls as often as you think. The iPhone 5c since it was released has an I eternal clock issue that needs a new MLB. There are a few others including one for the 6 and 6 plus. They charge people for the full device replacement. At least audeze offers to only charge for a fix.

In addition, Apple for almost every replacement program offers the program for 36 months on phones. Which just like headphones don't have that many parts. So 36 months is still a good deal. I mean of you dont find it acceptable than don't buy the product. But companies aren't required to offer more and no matter what first gen product comes out there is going to be something wrong. Even if it's a "known issue" that doesn't mean everyone has it. The people who complain always have a louder voice that. Those that don't, just like the tea party branch of the Republican party is really only 10% of the actual party, 10% is still acceptable to many companies.
Also to you folks that say computers have more parts than headphones, so not true. Most modern computers have like 6 parts unless you add additional parts yourself, ie 4 graphics cards or a specialized board with 2 cpus

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #240 of 293
Apple doesn't do recalls as often as you think. The iPhone 5c since it was released has an I eternal clock issue that needs a new MLB. There are a few others including one for the 6 and 6 plus. They charge people for the full device replacement. At least audeze offers to only charge for a fix.

In addition, Apple for almost every replacement program offers the program for 36 months on phones. Which just like headphones don't have that many parts. So 36 months is still a good deal. I mean of you dont find it acceptable than don't buy the product. But companies aren't required to offer more and no matter what first gen product comes out there is going to be something wrong. Even if it's a "known issue" that doesn't mean everyone has it. The people who complain always have a louder voice that. Those that don't, just like the tea party branch of the Republican party is really only 10% of the actual party, 10% is still acceptable to many companies.
Also to you folks that say computers have more parts than headphones, so not true. Most modern computers have like 6 parts unless you add additional parts yourself, ie 4 graphics cards or a specialized board with 2 cpus

Those "parts" you're referring to that a computer has, also comprises of multiple "parts". A computer has way more parts than a headphone. But that's besides the point.
It does not matter if it's only 10% of audeze buyers experience the problem, when you're one of those 10%, and have replaced your headphones 5 times, it does not matter to the individual who else has experience the problem, they have, and they've spent 2000$ on a product that continually fails on them. Also Audeze has said themselves that there was infact a problem with the film that was causing the failures, not a standard failure, its the whole reason they're replacing the drivers without question in the first place. It's only fair that those same replacement covers users that are out of warranty if affected by the same issue. I had a motherboard die on me due to power related issues, that was just outside of warranty, and amazon replaced it free of charge even though it was outside the warranty. That's for a 300$ product. Whether Audeze is obligated by law, or whether they're required to, is all beside the point. What im saying is, it's the right thing to do. You know your product has a flaw, and a user experiences that flaw outside of your warranty, then just replace the device.

And if i was aware of these failure flaws before purchasing my LCD3, like you said, i would not buy the product......its the reason i have not bought an LCD4, until i know 100% the issues have been resolved, im not taking the chance.

P.S. i had a small issue with my Hifiman HE1000 in which at high frequencies i could detect a small anomaly in the left can. They replaced it for free right away no questions asked....
Audeze's support is pretty stellar, its the reason i stuck with them through 5 failures, but when you start charging guys for failing headphones that has the same issue....i cant agree with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back