No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware.
Aug 25, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #256 of 293
Oct 20, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #258 of 293
Hi guys, interesting read and good result.

Here's a quick FYI, because ppl in the thread are still quoting that Audeze post from last year.

The price of driver replacement has gone up. I was quoted $400.00 USD (I'm Aussie) to replace drivers in my LCD2. User error, (let's just leave it at that) so not covered by warranty. I'm sure you can imagine that I am gutted.

My thoughts on Audeze is that they are a company set up by good people with good intentions, to sell a premium, boutique product that they are passionate about, for a ton of money. The service/support they provide is good, and frankly, it better had be. No need to shout it from the rooftops.

edit:
just found this from the OP, so I guess it's not news

this is disappointing, that they are simply saying "out of warranty. $400 plus shipping".
shame is rearing it's ugly head again.

I thought maybe they would charge me $400.00 instead of $250.00 because I damaged the driver. I queried the cost and referred to Head Fi, and was told that the cost has gone up, because of increased costs for them.

Oh well, life goes on! 

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #259 of 293
incresead cost for sure: they are replacing driver for free very much!!!
and they have to, i would say, until they are under warranty
i guess soon they will not offer the re-starting of the 3 years warranty on the replacing of the driver anymore..

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #260 of 293
Yup sent in my 2 and the bill came out to be $400 to replace, it kinda of sucks but guess we just have to suck it up. If that is the price to replace the 2 wonder what the price will be for 3 or x, if it is the same price might as well throw in some 3 drivers in.

I am more surprised that with this many high failure rates we haven't seen a class action suit file.

Love the sound hate the price.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #261 of 293
I have an LCD 2 and something seems wrong with it but I don't know if it's the driver or some thing else. Sometimes but not all the time it'll make these popping sounds. It seems to happen sometimes in response to my moving around. sometimes it'll happen if I put a little pressure on the cup and some times when I release the pressure.it sounds like the diaphragm is loose and moving around. But not all the time. This happen to anyone else?

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #262 of 293
Yup sent in my 2 and the bill came out to be $400 to replace, it kinda of sucks but guess we just have to suck it up. If that is the price to replace the 2 wonder what the price will be for 3 or x, if it is the same price might as well throw in some 3 drivers in.

They won't do it, I tried. I asked if they could put in LCD 3 drivers, I figured even if the price was much higher it would be a thrifty way of upgrading to the LCD 3.

They told me no, they can only fit LCD 3 drivers into LCD 3 cups.

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #264 of 293
I have to say that I've been lucky with them. I bought a used pair of LCD-3's in late May 2013. they were made  on 12-7-2012, and sure enough, that was the time period before they had made some corrections in their manufacturing. I had em for a few days and one channel died.

Audeze was extremely responsive to my call for help. They said they could replace the drivers with the most current iteration (apparently some months 'old' at that point), which had not been failing. So i sent them and they did. They even paid my return shipping.

The new Graph sent with the updated LCD-3's was dated 06-05-2013. I have used them happily since with no issues. They sound incredible. I know that some buyers who have wanted the un-fazed (non Fazor) LCD3 often use dates to try to get ones not expected to fail, and that these drivers are from that happy time span before the Fazor versions but after the height of the failures for the non Fazored.  

But I can see your point. That's a lot of drama. However, these blew away everything else I compared them to (except the HE flagship which were too heavy for me). My other cans are Senn HD800's.

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #265 of 293
Hi guys, interesting read and good result.

Here's a quick FYI, because ppl in the thread are still quoting that Audeze post from last year.

The price of driver replacement has gone up. I was quoted $400.00 USD (I'm Aussie) to replace drivers in my LCD2. User error, (let's just leave it at that) so not covered by warranty. I'm sure you can imagine that I am gutted.

Oh well, life goes on!

Did you have to send the item back to USA for repairs? Wouldn't it be cheaper to have it repaired in Australia? I am Australia as well, did you purchase the item from an USA store?

Is the warranty covered worldwide or only valid in the country where you purchased the item?

Also having difficulty choosing between Bamboo and Rosewood, which one is less prone to cracks? Which one is easier to maintain? Are the cracks covered under warranty or is it considered user's negligence?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #266 of 293
this is what you get when you source drivers from China without proper QC supervision, you have to sent representatives to the actual factory and supervise them everyday, with the amount of money the factory workers are paid, they could careless about your precious drivers failing

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #267 of 293
this is what you get when you source drivers from China without proper QC supervision, you have to sent representatives to the actual factory and supervise them everyday, with the amount of money the factory workers are paid, they could careless about your precious drivers failing

Our drivers are made here in the US in our california factory. We use cutting edge materials and in 2013 we ran into some issues in manufacturing. A batch of units had drivers that might fail after we had shipped. We extended the warranty on all our drivers to 3 years and have pretty much replaced or repaired any unit that had an issue. Whilst some units made in 2013 still have issues, we do not see this issue any more. We have also changed the way we make drivers to eliminate this issue. We have posted about this issue and also worked with anyone who had concerns directly. If any of you still have issues, please contact us and we will definitely address the issue.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #268 of 293
Our drivers are made here in the US in our california factory. We use cutting edge materials and in 2013 we ran into some issues in manufacturing. A batch of units had drivers that might fail after we had shipped. We extended the warranty on all our drivers to 3 years and have pretty much replaced or repaired any unit that had an issue. Whilst some units made in 2013 still have issues, we do not see this issue any more. We have also changed the way we make drivers to eliminate this issue. We have posted about this issue and also worked with anyone who had concerns directly. If any of you still have issues, please contact us and we will definitely address the issue.

It is fantastic to see Audeze replying in these forums.

Would you please advise which material is more durable and less prong to cracks, rosewood or bamboo finish?

Is the warranty on Audeze Headpones world wide warranty or only valid in the country it is purchased?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back