No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware.
Aug 25, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #241 of 293
Bro, you're up to 7? god dam lolol. 
Im the guy who used to hold the world record for audeze failures (5) until skoobydoo stole gold from me :)

That is not an equal analogy. HDDs are known to be unreliable. so when one fails its not considered a design flaw or a fault of the manufacturer. But if iphone touch screens spontaneously stop working, or if iphone displays spontaneously stop displaying. And customers are forced to continuously replace them (in my case it would be 5 times), and apple has admitted that there is a flaw in the batch of touchscreens/displays that is causing the issue. Apple will most definitely issue a recall, or service replacements for devices purchased with the flaw regardless if it is outside the warranty. Something like that happened recently in the tech world actually, the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book chargers had a flaw where they would bend and short at a specific point. Microsoft issued a recall and replaced all affected users.....

I think Audeze should fullfill (for free) all warranty request where the failure is related to this issue, even though the headphone it outside of warranty. If you happen to be "unlucky?" and your headphone lasts more than your warranty period, then fails because of the same issue, then that's very unfortunate. Like skooby my headphones never lasted more than 1 year. After my 5th failure i was done, and hearing cases like this does not exactly inspire confidence to try audeze again.

To your point about the HiFiman how long had you had the headphones at that point? Those headphones have a 3 year warranty as of now, prior to 2015 it could have been longer as they revamped all warranties. So it was more than likely within the warranty period. Just as all audeze headphones have 3 year warranties.

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #242 of 293
To your point about the HiFiman how long had you had the headphones at that point?

It was under warranty. about 4 months. Why i made that point, is because it was not a failure, just an anomaly i perceived, and they did not even bother with any troubleshooting steps, questions, verification. I explained to them what i was hearing, and they got a new cans to me within the week. (And i live overseas).

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #243 of 293
cverson70,

i don't understand why you would argue that any company with a known defect should NOT cover owners outside of the warranty period. think in terms of recalls, because that's what this is about.

also, you have nothing posted about yourself here. care to share what headphones/ gear you do own and on what part of the planet you reside?

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #244 of 293
There are other things to consider when you own a company. Feel free to make a product and if it has a issue down the road let me know if you fix them all out of warranty and are able to stay in business.

And I own audio Technica es 10s. I'll be buying the Audeze EL-8s after I sign my mortgage but they are refurbished with a one year warranty. If they break then whatever they're headphones. I also have the Amphora amp, and have owned multiple items such as the ue900. Currently own the CKR9s. And I will also be buying a dragonfly red soon.

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #245 of 293
There are other things to consider when you own a company. Feel free to make a product and if it has a issue down the road let me know if you fix them all out of warranty and are able to stay in business.

That's the responsibility of the company, not the consumer. If you want to stay in business, make a reliable product, not charge people to use an unreliable product then say "we gotta stay in business". I run an I.T. Business, and if one of my technicians messes up on client site, and it affects their system down the road, i eat the cost. And if i implement a product with a known flaw provided by my company, then i eat the cost, and haggle with the supplier on my end. I dont tell the client they have to pay for a clearly flawed product then charge them for fixing it. 

Its not the concern of the consumer whether a company can stay in business or not, the consumer has paid for a product, and if its flawed, they should be treated accordingly. If the problem is with the film, then Audeze should be taking that up with their film supplier. If the problem is so widespread it would cause them to go out of business, then issue refunds to affected LCD3 users, absorb the loss, sue the film supplier, and move on. There are tons of ways this could go, non of which is the concern of the consumer.

Audeze has a responsibility to their consumers, not the other way around.

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #246 of 293
Okay so why do major corporations not do recalls on every little hardware issue there is. Things cost money. No it's not the fault of the consumer but the warranty is there for a reason. Specifically those manufacturing defects that are in question. What would be the point of having a warranty that covers manufacturing defects of they are just going to fix them for free at any time. When you choose a product to buy you are also agreeing to their warranty. If you dont like or agree with it then don't buy it.

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #247 of 293
Okay so why do major corporations not do recalls on every little hardware issue there is. Things cost money. No it's not the fault of the consumer but the warranty is there for a reason. Specifically those manufacturing defects that are in question. What would be the point of having a warranty that covers manufacturing defects of they are just going to fix them for free at any time. When you choose a product to buy you are also agreeing to their warranty. If you dont like or agree with it then don't buy it.

At the same token, major corporations issue recalls for little hardware issues, if its a wide spread issue and clearly the fault of the company. Like microsoft issuing a recall for faulty chargers sold with the surface pro 4 and surface book. Of course things cost money, and yes warranty is in place for a reason. But when your product has a unique flaw, that directly affects the functionality of said product. Then that's their responsibility and warranty should have nothing to do with it. This is not a normal hardware failure. Its a unique specific case. If your driver fails out of warranty due to hardware failure under normal circumstance, then by all means, pay for your replacement, but when there is a specific design flaw that has not only been experienced by alot of head-fiers, but confirmed by Audeze, then that enters the realm of recalls/refunds outside of regular warranty.

On my 5th failure, i asked audeze for a full refund, they said their policy is not to offer refunds unless its 30 days within purchase. I made my case and was offered a full refund. I'm just glad all my failures took place within the warranty period. What i can say is, if i was the guy that experienced a failure due to this issue outside of warranty, and was told i need to pay to repair, id be furious.

Again, the LCD3 driver failures are not your standard failures/mechanical breakdown/user error case. And when the issue occurs, you're basically left with a paperweight. 

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #248 of 293
  cverson70,

i don't understand why you would argue that any company with a known defect should NOT cover owners outside of the warranty period. think in terms of recalls, because that's what this is about.

also, you have nothing posted about yourself here. care to share what headphones/ gear you do own and on what part of the planet you reside?

i dont understand either, and i'd also like to know about headphone/gear/planet.

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #249 of 293
And again the iPhone 5C has a failure for the internal clocks and 6 and 6 plus have failures on the display. They are known issues and you don't see Apple replacing those phones for free. They charge $300

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #251 of 293
Oh and please tell me the last time Microsoft did a recall.

I did earlier, faulty chargers for their surface line...........lol.

And again the iPhone 5C has a failure for the internal clocks and 6 and 6 plus have failures on the display. They are known issues and you don't see Apple replacing those phones for free. They charge $300

There will obviously be cases on either side, where companies "did the right thing" and "screwed over their customers", my question to you sir, if you're one of the owners of said faulty products, would you be happy paying for a replacement for a widespread issue that has been admitted by the manufacturer to be their fault? If the answer is yes, there's no point in continuing the discussion.

What i can say is, i, and im guessing many others who have actually experienced the issue, will not be happy.

Also, i'd argue that a good reputation , especially in our hobby, is more valuable than taking a loss on some faulty headphones. (Hope audeze is reading this).

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #252 of 293
Depends on the product. But what you consider widespread and what a company does are different. Apple and Microsoft won't do recalls if the threshold is below 30%. In addition go and look at the recall Microsoft did. It took them over a year and a half to figure out what version had the issue. For all we know the Audeze issue is only on 10% of the product and they haven't determined what grouping it is in.

Do you know how many people between when that recall was and where the issue originated probably already bought another power cable? If it really is a wide spread issue may e they will do a recall. Or maybe it's really not as bad as you think just the group that has the issue is very vocal. Neither you or I or anyone here knows what percentage are faulty. It's probably much lower than you think. And as I said before, if you dont agree with their warranty then don't buy the product.

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #253 of 293
Depends on the product. But what you consider widespread and what a company does are different. Apple and Microsoft won't do recalls if the threshold is below 30%. In addition go and look at the recall Microsoft did. It took them over a year and a half to figure out what version had the issue. For all we know the Audeze issue is only on 10% of the product and they haven't determined what grouping it is in.

Do you know how many people between when that recall was and where the issue originated probably already bought another power cable? If it really is a wide spread issue may e they will do a recall. Or maybe it's really not as bad as you think just the group that has the issue is very vocal. Neither you or I or anyone here knows what percentage are faulty. It's probably much lower than you think. And as I said before, if you dont agree with their warranty then don't buy the product.

You havent exactly answered my question. Nobody will ever know what the percentage is, it coudl be 1% it coudl be 90%, but to the consumer that is experiencing the issue, non of that matters. You said it took MS a year....it took Audeze about 3-4 years. I purchased an LCD3 in 2011. and ive had a failure within 1 year, from that point for 5 failures.

To me as the consumer it doesnt matter what percentage of users experienced the issue. In the early days Audeze had no idea what was the issue, and i went through multiple conversations and exercises trying to identify it, if it was my gear, location, usage, etc etc etc. So after 3 years when they finally identified it as being bad film. You're saying audeze should charge users for replacement phones that contains the bad film?

I'll ask again, if you were the owner of one of these Audeze phones, and your cans fail just out of warranty, and audeze is asking 400$ for repair, will you be ok with paying it?

Audeze did the right thing by me, and offered a full refund. And i hope they do the right thing by the original poster and replace his cans free of charge. But i just want to know, if it were you, if you'd be ok paying 400$ in this instance.

Aug 25, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #255 of 293

you are really just being obstinate. have you not read that Audeze acknowledges that this is a god damned defect? what is it that you do not understand about that? you keep blowing hot air at people who are very patiently and politely responding to your statements without responding to a thing that has been said here (or is actually occurring between Audeze owners and Audeze). why? i have to assume you are trolling, or just enjoy playing the devil's advocate, which in this context IS trolling. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back