NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #571 of 1,642
Thanks for the heads up brah!! I grabbed 3 more Piety for my "Friends"...
Surprised you didn't buy all 1,000 when you had the chance.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #573 of 1,642
I listened with the Piety all working day yesterday with Dethonray Tender 1 planar IEM with ifI Gryphon doing DAC duties. Near the end of the day I plugged the Dethonray straight into the Gryphon and kept listening to the same album. I was immediately struck by how "clean" the Gryphon sounded by comparison, smooth and open, clear space between the sounds, better separation.

I'm running the Piety with a Gryphon, and found the exact opposite. The Gryphon headphone jack sounded so much more closed in and coarse by comparison.

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #575 of 1,642
Hmm hoarding is not good imo.
And I don’t know what will happen if my Magni piety has faulty in warranty period . It will be very likely to get a refund instead of a new amp replacement .

Well better than some other gear that will cost more in shipping back to manufacturer for repairs under warranty than the cost of the Piety.

Dec 7, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #576 of 1,642
I'm running the Piety with a Gryphon, and found the exact opposite. The Gryphon headphone jack sounded so much more closed in and coarse by comparison.

I am assuming you were probably listening with different headphones.

Maybe not insensitive planar IEM.

Might be a difference there.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #578 of 1,642
Hmm hoarding is not good imo.
And I don’t know what will happen if my Magni piety has faulty in warranty period . It will be very likely to get a refund instead of a new amp replacement .
NItsch has a certain %age of amps for warranty issues that he kept off market. It's standard operating procedure.

Dec 7, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #579 of 1,642
Dec 7, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #580 of 1,642
Dec 8, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #582 of 1,642
So, I got sucked into the black friday sales and finally made the jump into some midfi headphone equipment with a pair of DC Aeon Open Xs (on sale for $299 at Drop) and then when researching amps I impulse bought a Piety after watching a video on it from CheapAudioMan. I think this is my best impulse buy in a long time! I have been listening to the pair all week and it blows my old 'gaming' headsets out of the water. Current set up is a little janky but its working for now: Old iPad with a headphone jack to the piety via a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I experimented quite a bit between low and high gain and am really liking high gain!

Question for the group: I am also getting a Magnius/Modius stack and once I get them I was thinking to move the piety to my home theater AVR so it can pull double duty for music and movies (I have a 15 month old so the theater system doesnt get much use at the moment). Has anyone watched any movies through the piety?

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #583 of 1,642
So, I got sucked into the black friday sales and finally made the jump into some midfi headphone equipment with a pair of DC Aeon Open Xs (on sale for $299 at Drop) and then when researching amps I impulse bought a Piety after watching a video on it from CheapAudioMan. I think this is my best impulse buy in a long time! I have been listening to the pair all week and it blows my old 'gaming' headsets out of the water. Current set up is a little janky but its working for now: Old iPad with a headphone jack to the piety via a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I experimented quite a bit between low and high gain and am really liking high gain!

Question for the group: I am also getting a Magnius/Modius stack and once I get them I was thinking to move the piety to my home theater AVR so it can pull double duty for music and movies (I have a 15 month old so the theater system doesnt get much use at the moment). Has anyone watched any movies through the piety?
Sure. George Lucas joked in a keynote speech I attended that people really go to the movies to listen to the music. Movies soundtracks are dynamic, however, and commercials can be loud.

A DAC in the loop provides the real benefits. A modest DAC is likely better than what’s in TVs. Multiple inputs gives you convenient switching. You can feed a preamp or receiver for even more flexibility. But I’ll watch things on my mobile devices and listen through the Piety (or portable DAC/AMPs).

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #584 of 1,642
Don’t know if this the correct thread for this but the True Multibit Dac module is in stock at Schiit for $200 in regular stock ( not b stock or close out) I think it’s the same as the previous version. Pairs well w Piety if you need all in one w Asgard, jot or Lyr

Dec 8, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #585 of 1,642
Weird that it’s not available as an option but only in the upgrades section

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back