NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #241 of 1,640
I’m using my AKG K712 Pro headphones and ETA Mini Closed with the Piety :)

The Piety is definitely giving good synergies with dynamic drivers. As for Planars, I only have the Dan Clark Aeon X Open but IMHO Piety doesn’t max out the Aeon X Open not in loudness but driver control rather, but the easy to drive ones (those that require less continuous and simultaneous voltage and current draw) from Rosson and Audeze and HiFiman (except Susvara and HE6se) planars should synergize well with Piety
Thats why there is a Magni +...
:>)

Nov 27, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #246 of 1,640
Piety pairs very nicely with HD580
This is a worthy amp indeed
IMG20221125195553.jpg

IMG20221125123835.jpg

IMG20221128222257.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #248 of 1,640
Excuse my complete ignorance here. I have a pair of Verum 1s which are low impedance. I believe they are rated at 12 ohm. From what I'm reading the Piety may really struggle with a low impedance can like this. Is it even worth me trying them?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #249 of 1,640
Piety pairs very nicely with HD580
This is a worthy amp indeed

IMG20221125123835.jpg
Pretty sick cable!!

Excuse my complete ignorance here. I have a pair of Verum 1s which are low impedance. I believe they are rated at 12 ohm. From what I'm reading the Piety may really struggle with a low impedance can like this. Is it even worth me trying them?
You can try of course but it might not be the best match since you're really at the amp's limit. Piety is powerful but not crazily so.

Nov 27, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #250 of 1,640
Pretty sick cable!!

Thanks the Art cables RLS70 is a Siamese twin style specifically for HD800. The one I have is like 15' long and that works out because my 800 dedicated amp is a speaker amp. It's literally "pre war" status now lol. I have rls24 for hd6x0 (not twin style) also but
certain vintage cable is comparable and maybe even preferred in some cases.

But yeah I don't prefer hd800 with piety due to it's magni like treble.. although it has sufficient power unlike many other amps ie crack or sangaku. Hd800 is very fickle headphone hard to get right pairing.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #251 of 1,640
I agree, people should go with magni+ for low impedance planars and piety for high impedance dynamics.
What if I have low impedance dynamic LOL (Lawton TH900).

Am I screwed??? :laughing:
U want an amp to make low impedance cans sing..try a Jotenheim 2..tons of power!
I tried Jot 2 it sounded pretty nice just thought it's a bit thin/lean in presentation.

Nov 27, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #252 of 1,640
What if I have low impedance dynamic LOL (Lawton TH900).

Am I screwed??? :laughing:

I tried Jot 2 it sounded pretty nice just thought it's a bit thin/lean in presentation.
One of the regulars on the Schiit Happened forum on this site tried it with a pair of 15 ohm cans, and they were his favourites with the MagPie. The conversation gave Jason Stoddard some ideas...

<edited for typo>

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #253 of 1,640
One o the regulars on the Schiit Happened forum on this site tried it with a pair of 15 ohm cans, and they were his favourites with the MagPie. The conversation gave Jason Stoddard some ideas...
Ah yes I remember reading that one I just thought he had an iem? (Maybe I misread) Though maybe same principle applies.

Cool I'll keep waiting for my shipping notice (I'm like the last 25th or so in US/Canada so gonna be late shipping).

Nov 27, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #254 of 1,640
Ah yes I remember reading that one I just thought he had an iem? (Maybe I misread) Though maybe same principle applies.

Cool I'll keep waiting for my shipping notice (I'm like the last 25th or so in US/Canada so gonna be late shipping).
Hmmm...I'll have to go back and re-read it. I was going off memory

They were Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noir over-ear headphones. This has me kind of excited to try out my Sundara cans with the MagPie. They've impressed me and I prefer them a bit more than the HD650's. Both are great, but the Sundaras have something different that resonates with my empty skull :L3000:

Nov 27, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #255 of 1,640
When u try these low impedance cans report back and let us all know how it goes!

Low impedance AND low sensitivity....ie dB/mw rating.

I had the Aeon 2 open here for a few weeks. Used on all kinds of amps. Bass IMP was thin, and overall sound signature was a bit wonky for me.
Using these wiyh low power amps and OTL amps was dismal here.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back