NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #272 of 1,640
Nov 27, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #276 of 1,640
Did you scroll back up the comments before "liking" his post, perhaps you did not see his comment that somebody should suck another gentlemen's genitals before it was deleted ??

He is a clown if that is the level of language he believes is reasonable !
I mean.... If it was deleted then I probably didn't see it???

Sometimes it's hard to keep track of every posts in this thread.

But yes I do agree people shouldn't use foul language here.

Nov 27, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #277 of 1,640
Because of Piety / Atrium, are these three sale candidates? 🤷🏻‍♂️

To my ears, the Piety is a better match with the Atrium than the Jot 2 and Lyr 3. The Quicksilver was already much better than the Jot 2 and Lyr 3 with the Atrium, so I will need a bit more time to declare a clear winner between the QS and Piety. (BTW, I'm using the Auteur pads with the Atrium + QS, and the Universe pads with the Atrium + Piety)

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #279 of 1,640
which dac do you like more with piety?
lol I want to know too, I've been on the fence between Musician Draco (said to be VERY VERY similar to Denafrips Ares II, same factory) or wait for Modi Multibit 2.

On a side note I got shipping notice today! I was like the last 25th ish units on the countdown in US/Canada. So it's safe to say they'll probably have all units shipped soon.

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #280 of 1,640
2 flavours

Strange that I have to use an image attachment the regular insert option is greyed out

Attachments

• 4C1DB9CF-6CEB-4AA2-AE9D-A9BD1067179C.jpeg
    4C1DB9CF-6CEB-4AA2-AE9D-A9BD1067179C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 28, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #281 of 1,640
Hi all,

I've just received the MagPie in the UK, and here some early feedback notes about its sound (it is still warming up).

Tested with Hifiman Ananda 2021 (will later do Audeze LCD-X 2021), Schitt Modi Multibit, Audio Note DAC 2.1x (kit built), Lyr 3 (with Tungsol 6sn7).

• Fluid sounding.
  • Great body to the sound. Mid-to-low-bass sounding full.
  • It would beat an Asgard 3 for sound (which I used to own). Potentially a $400-$500 amp. More of a Class A sound to it than an Asgard 3.
  • Highly rhythmic and spaciousness around notes.
  • No nasties, particularly no treble nasties.
  • Better treble definition on high gain, better timbre and bass weight on low gain. On balance I prefer low gain, as it is more natural sounding (an early listen to the LCD-X confirms low gain is better, but high-gain does provide useful treble definition and spaciousness). The two gain settings are noticeably distinct and enjoyable, giving a good opportunity to match the amp to a variety of headphones.
  • Compared to the Lyr 3:
    • MagPie's soundstage takes a step back, potentially narrower and deeper because of it.
    • Lyr 3 has a more up-front sound, and a bit more dramatic and air-guitar in nature.
    • Lyr 3 portrays more inner-dimensionality to instruments, but the MagPie is not far behind.
    • MagPie in low gain has a bit more mid-to-low bass than the Lyr 3 in low gain - not than the Lyr 3 is lacking in any way.
    • Lyr 3 has sweeter treble, but the MagPie is super-sweet for a solid state amp.
    • Lyr 3 is the better amp, but yeah, costs more.
  • Possibly the best sounding amplifier for its size and price, certainly much better sounding than the old Vali 2.
Andrew

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #283 of 1,640
Dang, all these reviews make me kind of regret not buying one when they were available. This thought happened especially after reading Purr1n's impressions on *that other site with other friends*.

Profoundly low probability of a 2nd run? Understandable, but a bummer none-the-less.

@AnalogEuphoria Can I have your thoughts on the 650 on the Magni+ vs Piety? That would be nice and a simple impression would do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back