NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Nov 25, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #212 of 1,642
Anyone know if Nitsch plans another production run of the Piety?
No idea. However, given the tremendous response regarding the Piety and its selling out 1000 units in under 12
hours, there is certainly a NITSCH market (sorry I couldn't avoid it lol) for this neat little headphone amplifier.

The real issue is a shortage of the parts needed to manufacture the Piety in substantial enough numbers for it to be
profitable. Even if a second run of the Piety never happens, Cee Tee has succeeded in getting his NITSCH brand better
known in order to produce more profitable products in the future.

As for my Piety, I ordered about halfway through the pack (1547-2022) so I'm still waiting for it to ship. 😊

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #214 of 1,642
Nov 25, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #215 of 1,642
Anyone know if Nitsch plans another production run of the Piety?

Highly doubt it, the parts problem is the reason it was so limited in the first place, it had to be redesigned again by Jason because the transistor model changed once already.

Keep your eye out for a used one though hopefully not at scalping prices.

Nov 25, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #216 of 1,642
Well since people are getting their units already and I'm impatient, anyone have thoughts on how MagPie drives the 2021 LCD-X? I'd imagine it'd be fine since these are easy to drive but curious nonetheless.
I'm testing my LCD-X with the Piety as I'm typing this. It has absolutely no problem driving them on either low or high gain. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even get to 8 on the volume pot on high gain as it was just too loud for me. Low gain is a lot more manageable but I do find the slam and dynamics lacking vs high gain, so I had to lower the volume directly in the Qobuz player to use high gain comfortably. The Piety really makes the LCD-X sing.

Nov 26, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #217 of 1,642
I'm testing my LCD-X with the Piety as I'm typing this. It has absolutely no problem driving them on either low or high gain. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even get to 8 on the volume pot on high gain as it was just too loud for me. Low gain is a lot more manageable but I do find the slam and dynamics lacking vs high gain, so I had to lower the volume directly in the Qobuz player to use high gain comfortably. The Piety really makes the LCD-X sing.
Interesting….with Schiit Lyr 3, Mjolnir 2, Valhalla 2, I always preferred the higher gain setting….depth, dynamics, imaging precision all improved to my ears.

Nov 26, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #218 of 1,642
Interesting….with Schiit Lyr 3, Mjolnir 2, Valhalla 2, I always preferred the higher gain setting….depth, dynamics, imaging precision all improved to my ears.
Sorry if my wording was a bit confusing. It's the same case with the Piety. High gain is definitely the way to go.

Nov 26, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #220 of 1,642
Nov 26, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #221 of 1,642
Highly doubt it, the parts problem is the reason it was so limited in the first place, it had to be redesigned again by Jason because the transistor model changed once already.

Keep your eye out for a used one though hopefully not at scalping prices.
Well, if any Piety owner decides it's not quite the right amp, please PM me -- I'm interested!

Nov 26, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #223 of 1,642
Looks like a lot of these shipped! Mine should arrive Tuesday. Looking forward to breaking it in.
What's the cable in your avatar? Looks interesting!

Nov 26, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #224 of 1,642
What's the cable in your avatar? Looks interesting!
It is a very nice 6 strand OCC litz weaved cable I made. I used to build a whole lot of cables! Still do, but less so as the market has cooled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back