NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety - Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #198 of 1,640
From reading Piety is bested served with high impedance cans that can use good power (but also don't need insane amounts).
Understood, the Tender 1 IEM need a lot of power in IEM terms but I am sure the Piety will power them fine.

My comment was more that I was keen to hear the influence of the Piety on the sound since the Tender 1 seem to be very amp dependent.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #199 of 1,640
So, for my Canadian friends, the US$149 + shipping charges for the MagPie translates to $266.98 Canadian. The "Import Duty and/or Tax and Customs Clearance Service Charges" from DHL amount to Cdn$45.90, bringing the total to <drum roll> *Cdn$312.88*. Holy Schiit! :unamused:

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #200 of 1,640
A review in comparison with a popular ss amp Schiit Asgard 3 just popped out:
As far as the transients go, it's not what I'd call sluggish, more like a touch laid-back. Again, sort of like Asgard 3 but not as laid-back as that amp. Same story with dynamics (along the lines of Asgard 3), but I think the Piety might slam a touch more. I'd need the Asgard 3 again to compare directly side by side.

In a nutshell, the Piety is sort of like an Asgard 3 but not as rich, lush, and thick. Asgard 3 does edge it out in resolve, but Piety is at the level where I was still greatly enjoying myself.

I had a chance listening to the A3 (owned the A1, A2) but I was not impressed . Hope my Piety get delivered to me soon.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #201 of 1,640
A review in comparison with a popular ss amp Schiit Asgard 3 just popped out:
As far as the transients go, it's not what I'd call sluggish, more like a touch laid-back. Again, sort of like Asgard 3 but not as laid-back as that amp. Same story with dynamics (along the lines of Asgard 3), but I think the Piety might slam a touch more. I'd need the Asgard 3 again to compare directly side by side.

In a nutshell, the Piety is sort of like an Asgard 3 but not as rich, lush, and thick. Asgard 3 does edge it out in resolve, but Piety is at the level where I was still greatly enjoying myself.

I had a chance listening to the A3 (owned the A1, A2) but I was not impressed . Hope my Piety get delivered to me soon.
I read that review last evening too. My experience with the Asgard 3 is a bit different, but it also comes down to the ears of the listener and the pieces in the chain. I listen to my A3 with a Lokius and an interesting tube-hybrid DAC as part of the hardware stack. An M1 Mac Mini with SoundSource is my audio source, with the audio running at the full bit rate of Apple Music, so I do some tuning to the signal. My preferred headphones are Hifiman Sundara. I really like the A3's warmth for my music preferences, so the MagPie has me really looking forward to some serious listening, likely with my HD650's.

Nov 24, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #202 of 1,640
From read, Piety is best served with high impedance cans that can use good power (but also don't need insane amounts).
My comment was more that I was keen to hear the influence of the Piety on the sound since the Tender 1 seem to be very amp dependent.
Uh-oh am I in trouble? I'm going to be using TH900 which is also low impedance / easy to drive / amp picky headphone lol.

I guess we'll find out.
So, for my Canadian friends, the US$149 + shipping charges for the MagPie translates to $266.98 Canadian. The "Import Duty and/or Tax and Customs Clearance Service Charges" from DHL amount to Cdn$45.90, bringing the total to <drum roll> *Cdn$312.88*. Holy Schiit! :unamused:
Damn this is higher than I expected, was hoping it would be just under $300 CAD, sigh.....

Now I remember why it's easier to buy Topping / SMSL / Monoprice from Canadian Amazon as oppose to import "bang for buck" (Schiit, JDS Labs) audio gear from outside Canada.
LOL I also was not impressed with A3 from memory. I had it paired with Modi Multibit.

Today is just bad news after bad news LOL.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #205 of 1,640
I'm still waiting on my shipping notification. I ordered from Apos less than 5 minutes after it went live.

Apos didn't send me a shipping notice but if I view my order from the order confirmation email it has the tracking # already. Mine says ETA Wed 11-30 but it hasn't actually shipped yet, only the label has been created. (Also ordered about 5 min after it went live)

Nov 24, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #206 of 1,640
Apos didn't send me a shipping notice but if I view my order from the order confirmation email it has the tracking # already. Mine says ETA Wed 11-30 but it hasn't actually shipped yet, only the label has been created. (Also ordered about 5 min after it went live)

CEE TEE indicated earlier that he is shipping all Piety himself, even the Apos orders.

Perhaps the shipping information from Apos is just part of their automated system. I mean, how could the provide a tracking number for a delivery that they are not organising ?

Nov 25, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #209 of 1,640
Mine shipped Tuesday and arrived yesterday afternoon, it was originally scheduled for delivery today.

I did not object to the amended delivery date.

JC
It would be great to have the weekend to spend time with it. Fingers crossed....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back