Nirvana or Radiohead (Cast Your Vote)
Sep 6, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #18 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I chose Nirvana... I never got into Radiohead. Makes me want to try some Radiohead
icon10.gif

This, pretty much. I usually love bands with cult followings, but Radiohead still hasn't pulled me in. I have three or four of their albums, appreciate some of their tracks and pull them out for a listen now and then. Thing is, I haven't "gotten" Radiohead, nothing has pulled me in for repeat listens. Yet.

It could happen. There was a time when jazz didn't do much for me, either.

Sep 6, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #19 of 79
Not an ounce of hesitation on my part; Radiohead.

I still do love Nirvana though. I always remember listening to them with my dad, when I was growing up. Nevermind used to be on loop in my dad's car.

Sep 6, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Purple /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eh Radiohead is pretty easily the more talented of the two, but I personally prefer Nirvana. MTV Unplugged is one of the finest 90's album IMO

exactly. the phrase apples and oranges never applied more. heck, you cant even call half of radiohead's stuff rock. and making me chose one of them? well thats just plain damn evil..

Sep 7, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #24 of 79
like g-man said, it's apples and oranges. Probably the worst poll i've seen yet (not meant to be offensive, just the most difficult to even answer since they're so different). I refuse to choose.

Sep 7, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #26 of 79
Hey, most of these comparisons are between apples and oranges. Make your choice, explain your choice, or skip over the thread!
biggrin.gif
This is one of the easier choices for me. I never really liked Nirvana. I never could see what anyone saw in Nirvana. To Nirvana fans, I intend no insult. Just musical taste, I choose Radiohead one of the great bands of all time...

Sep 7, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #27 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
like g-man said, it's apples and oranges. Probably the worst poll i've seen yet (not meant to be offensive, just the most difficult to even answer since they're so different). I refuse to choose.

Hahaha worst poll yet? To my knowledge it's hardly apples and oranges.....the premise of the poll was which of the two pioneering bands of the last decade owns your preference....

stylistically there are some differences, but its hardly apples and oranges......its not distinctly different from comparing Pink Floyd to Led Zeppelin..

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #28 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, most of these comparisons are between apples and oranges. Make your choice, explain your choice, or skip over the thread!
biggrin.gif
This is one of the easier choices for me. I never really liked Nirvana. I never could see what anyone saw in Nirvana. To Nirvana fans, I intend no insult. Just musical taste, I choose Radiohead one of the great bands of all time...

Aahhh,funny how much easier things are when folks just answer the question....

i totally agree, i think Radiohead are one of the legends, in the same league as The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Coldplay, etc.....

I thoroughly respect and appreciate the effect such like bands has had on musical history and enjoy their music, but i would very rarely think about putting a Coldplay album on the stereo, and even rarer a Pink Floyd album........and on that note i think it's about time i put some Roger Waters, it's been too long since i last heard The Pro's and Con's........

shine on you crazy diamonds
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #29 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aahhh,funny how much easier things are when folks just answer the question....

i totally agree, i think Radiohead are one of the legends, in the same league as The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Coldplay, etc.....

No offense but, you put Coldplay in the same league as THE Rolling Stones and THE Beatles and THE Pink Floyd? I like Coldplay but they're million years behind those legends and I'd even be careful putting Radiohead on the same tier.

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #30 of 79
quite easy for me. nirvana is the band that launched a thousand candleboxes. radiohead is much better. oh and wow on mentioning coldplay with those legends. i will say nothing else about that because it wouldn't be very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back