Nirvana or Radiohead (Cast Your Vote)
Sep 17, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #61 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's great about Radiohead is that they're not trying to be anybody like many bands do today. They're in their own league which so many bands all over the world try to imitate. People who talks about beeps and boops clearly is not getting Radiohead at all which is fine really because everybody has different tastes. There was a time when I thought I just couldn't get Radiohead, too. But after getting tired of listening to the same old bands coming out with the same old songs, listening to Radiohead sounded like a revelation. To me, Radiohead is not about beeps and boops. I have no idea what that is. Instead, I hear a beautifully painted abstract art, like that of Jackson Pollock's. Not everybody got his art but he was a master of his own, much like Radiohead.

But really, DeKooning was much better.

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #63 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But really, DeKooning was much better.

Perspective wise, I think De Kooning had better visions than Pollack, before Pollack started the "drip" painting. De Konings paintings had more depth in the lines and better flow of the colors whereas Pollack's earlier works have cluttered lines and "experimental" colors. That's is why I think his earlier works are not as cherished as his later "drip" works, IMO. But at that time, his "drip" works had a lot of subjective opinions which still exists today. Personally, I think his later works are brilliant and I love ever curbs and every splashed drops of paints with a unified flow of colors. Only in his mind could he paint the pieces with truly abstract use of colors and lines.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #64 of 79
Radiohead. I love radio...oh you mean the band. Sure, I love them too.

Sep 25, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #65 of 79
Definately Nirvana, I think they were one of the most influential bands of the 90's, if not for that much of it.

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #67 of 79
Nirvana is ok but Radiohead is the real deal. Creative, innovative and wonderful musicality. Unfair comparison Mr Mahler.

If this were a horse race it would be Secretariat down the stretch winning by not by a nose, but by a furlong. Radiohead is waiting for Nirvana to cross the line
L3000.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #68 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think theres even a chance that Radiohead may be remember as the last master of rock music........it seems to be a genre that is slowly dying, and no band since radiohead has anything significant to offer

what?

confused.gif
confused.gif

WHAT??

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

well i voted for SONIC YOUTH

and THE FLAMING LIPS

and STEREOLAB

so there.

tongue.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #70 of 79
A question to the OP, how many polls have you posted? just out of curiosity.

I enjoy them both equally especially for their distinctiveness, as music lovers I think we should be allowed too without needing to pick one over another.

no disrespect intended

I love all music, as for without it, a big part of me would die.

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #71 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A question to the OP, how many polls have you posted? just out of curiosity.

I enjoy them both equally especially for their distinctiveness, as music lovers I think we should be allowed too without needing to pick one over another.

no disrespect intended

I love all music, as for without it, a big part of me would die.

Of this nature.......band on band comparisons.......somewhere between 15 and 20.........many of them are not my own invention.....i merely post them.

No disrespect taken.

Oct 2, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #73 of 79
I would have to go with Radiohead. Mainly because I still listen to Radiohead regularly and I rarely ever listen to Nirvana these days although I used to do so a lot. Both are great bands for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back