Nirvana or Radiohead (Cast Your Vote)
Oct 3, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #76 of 79
I've never really digged Radiohead (although I haven't given them much of a chance yet)

Nirvana is IMO one of the greatest bands ever (this is coming from a metalhead). There's something about their sheer simplicity that's very engaging.

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #77 of 79
to me the vote isnt really all that great because they are two completely different styles. but for the sake of this poll i will vote nirvana just because of all the influence they had. radiohead is more musically talented but nirvana was, imo, more lyrically inclined.

i would have to say nirvana or pearl jam for a real poll.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #78 of 79
I didn't really "get" Kid A when I first heard it, but that was just me dismissing it out of hand. When I listened to it all the way through, I was genuinely mesmerized. And when certain critics make the claim that there aren't any actual songs on the album, they are clearly trying to score points with the "I ain't no snob" crowd, and/or did not listen to the second half. Yes, there aren't really any songs that rock out, as there were on previous albums, but the tracks do sound like music.

And there is just so much atmosphere to get lost in, it is hard to explain to people who are resistant and closed-minded. Many music lovers can actually SEE the topography of a great concept album. Well, I see this album in my mind just how I think the members of the band would see it (like it's another instrument). Concept albums do that to you. Think of DSOTM, and that's another album you can actually SEE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back