Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
Dec 8, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #1,171 of 1,782
I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but as we got the units at the same time I thought I would test what you have experienced.
I dimmed the lights and slowed down the volume control and they both saved their settings with no issues.
Thank you for confirming this for me.
I assume you turned the unit off and back on?

looks like I have a unit with no CR2032 battery fitted. I have asked Fried what he thinks and have informed the UK seller where I purchased it from.

Dec 8, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #1,172 of 1,782
Thank you for confirming this for me.
I assume you turned the unit off and back on?

looks like I have a unit with no CR2032 battery fitted. I have asked Fried what he thinks and have informed the UK seller where I purchased it from.
Yeah I turned it off at the front. I did not unplug the unit mind as I will not be doing this in my case.

Dec 8, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #1,173 of 1,782
Yeah I turned it off at the front. I did not unplug the unit mind as I will not be doing this in my case.
Yeah even a quick off and on and mine resets to default.

Dec 8, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #1,175 of 1,782
Mine seems to maintain memory as well at least from on/off from the front. At least the line out stays off and the status light goes red for a few seconds and then goes green.
Thank you for confirming.

Dec 8, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #1,177 of 1,782
It is also making a loud bang / pop in my left headphone speaker when I turn it off even with volume set to zero.
:o2smile: All this time waiting too ah well shizzle happens sometimes lol.

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #1,178 of 1,782
Do Niimbus owners leave it powered on when it's not being used? My last SS amp, Luxman P700u, I always left it on except when going away on vacation. I never had an issue with it.

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #1,179 of 1,782
Anyone using the US5 or 5 Pro as a preamp as well as a headphone amp? I'm curious if I would hear noise through my speakers when changing the volume with or without the remote control if I used the 5 Pro as a preamp in my speaker based system.

Dec 9, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #1,181 of 1,782
No, why would that?

Typically an amp takes about 30 minutes to sound its best after being turned on, regardless if it's SS or tube. By leaving a SS amp on, you can reduce the time it takes to sound its best. Obviously, I don't leave my vacuum tube equipment on when I'm not listening due to tube wear. Also, you can induce just as much wear on an amp by turning it off and on several times a day as you would leaving it on. I had absolutely no issues leaving my Luxman P700u on all the time. That amp was built like a tank.

Dec 9, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #1,183 of 1,782
Niimbus US5 Pro ordered :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #1,184 of 1,782
Do Niimbus owners leave it powered on when it's not being used? My last SS amp, Luxman P700u, I always left it on except when going away on vacation. I never had an issue with it.
I leave my gear turned on. Except tibe amp. But i have not bothered trying to determine how long the niimbus needs to sound it’s best But I believe i have noticed a difference but not properly tested.

i have heard that warming up/leaving gear on is more important with digital units (ie dacs and streamers). I think paul from ps audio mentioned that in one of his youtube videos

Dec 10, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #1,185 of 1,782
A follow up to my loud popping in the headphone driver when turning the unit off.
This must have been caused my myself turning the unit off and on while testing the Eeprom that is not saving my settings. It has not done it since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back