Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
Apr 26, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #616 of 1,772
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #617 of 1,772
this has really been an awkward introduction...forst the 4 series is cancelled and now this

Apr 26, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #618 of 1,772
Dealer but he send me that email what he recived from manufacturer.
At this point considering all the odds I would cancel my order unless there is a good explanation from the manufacturer. There is a shortage of come electronic components nowadays but this could be clearly stated to the customer earlier. At that price point I wouldn't tolerate lousy customer service, especially during sales and delivery process. Maybe somebody from manufacturer side could provide public information about this situation.

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #620 of 1,772
I got a swift response from Fried, in short they lack practically everything to build a Niimbus, suppliers don't produce parts ... I think the only sensible decision is to cancel the order.

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #621 of 1,772
Just cancel if you can't wait.

In the age of new GPUs trippling msrp while still being a rarity, consoles being very hard to get etc. it shouldn't be a surprise that an amp that is very tight on component selection to achieve its target performance, noise etc is going to be delayed.

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #623 of 1,772
Well i can buy used US4 from friend so im kind lucky.
Just cancel if you can't wait.

In the age of new GPUs trippling msrp while still being a rarity, consoles being very hard to get etc. it shouldn't be a surprise that an amp that is very tight on component selection to achieve its target performance, noise etc is going to be delayed.

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #624 of 1,772
That's too bad about the scarcity of parts delaying your order (and all US5 orders for that matter).

I've heard of a few other products from other brands having similar delays. If there already was/is some stock to choose from, then it's not so bad, especially with gear in this price range that doesn't sell a ton of units every month. But if the shortages hit in between production runs then I can see how that would be a problem. I predict we'll see more of this for a while, until everything gets back to normal and sorted out.

Good job finding a second hand US4 though. Not common but also not impossible to find from time to time, and you seem to have had good timing there at least.

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #627 of 1,772
Thanks! Yeah I'm kinda lucky becouse is rare to buy used Niimbus almost instantly. Now i must change my signature.
Sure, but that raises a question that I cannot resist, namely, Why is your friend selling theirs, and opting to sell at this particular time when everything "Niimbus' is so MIA and hard to find? Is he disappointed with it? Buyers's remorse? His girlfriend or spouse hates the Niimbus? His dog wants to eat it? He scored a bigger and better machine?Retired from the hobby to write his memoirs? :slight_smile:

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #629 of 1,772
Well there is always the scam I read about in the tech news.

Simply spam every possible customer with fake recall notices like the enterprising needy graphics cards guys did. "Unfortunately, your Nimbus amp has a critical safety flaw. Please return it to us immediately at this new shipping address. We will cover your postal costs and send you the updated unit..."

:D

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #630 of 1,772
No, he is just to big for his desk lol! He stay with IFI Pro ICan.
I can't complain about his decision :o2smile:
I would buy a bigger desk if I was in that situation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thankfully, my desk is big enough for the upcoming FL Volot :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back