Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
Mar 12, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #587 of 1,772
qboogie,
you are missing 1 very important amp on your list,that does not get much mention here on head-fi,that is designed for susvara,ab-1266 etc.
it is the pathos inpol ear tube/hybrid amp. it is 1/3 the cost of wa33,and to my ears it is on the same level.
the pathos inpol ear is based on the pathos inpol remix mkII tube hybrid integrated amp. essentially,the inpol ear is same amp with headphone outs.
it powers my susvaras,with authority.im waiting on my abyss ab1266 tc phi to ship,from abyss(8 week lead time)
inpol ear has huge power,huge soundstage,dead black background,and with a nice pair of nos 6922 tubes,it sounds heavenly
Thanks for the heads up!

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #590 of 1,772
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #592 of 1,772
Lucky? I wait for my unit from January.
Well, for some other items like cars you could wait even longer. Still as I understand you will get upgraded version within the same price range so I would consider yourself lucky especially if you take into account price increase between US4+ and US5Pro. The beauty of short run productions.

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #594 of 1,772
The beauty of short run productions.
Is that another name for this kind of beauty? :slight_smile: :slight_smile::sunglasses:

plannedob5b.gif
0*fk_kIRyv0YPFN7QQ.gif

Mar 25, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #595 of 1,772
Yes a very nice, powerful amplifier. Rich and natural. And yes it needs NOS tubes to shine even better. Along with the Niimbus, it was in my very shortlist of must haves. But along came a very good deal in the FS section. So goodbye Niimbus (for now).

Please leave some impressions/feedback at: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pathos-inpol-ear-headphone-amplifier.955244/

Thanks!

qboogie,
you are missing 1 very important amp on your list,that does not get much mention here on head-fi,that is designed for susvara,ab-1266 etc.
it is the pathos inpol ear tube/hybrid amp. it is 1/3 the cost of wa33,and to my ears it is on the same level.
the pathos inpol ear is based on the pathos inpol remix mkII tube hybrid integrated amp. essentially,the inpol ear is same amp with headphone outs.
it powers my susvaras,with authority.im waiting on my abyss ab1266 tc phi to ship,from abyss(8 week lead time)
inpol ear has huge power,huge soundstage,dead black background,and with a nice pair of nos 6922 tubes,it sounds heavenly

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #597 of 1,772
One more month waiting till my Niimbus arrive...
Times flies quickly in covid times. At least for me. I know that feeling, waiting for a new toy, but you will not regret waiting time. On the other hand many other people would dream to be in your position today so enjoy being healthy and wait for a bigger joy :)

Apr 19, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #599 of 1,772
But I've been waiting since January :beyersmile:
I wonder why. I remember someone saying that the US5s were already in stock in the US... Is it because you're ordering from an European country that is not Germany? But that won't make much sense either, so I am confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back