Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
May 22, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #648 of 1,790
May 22, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #650 of 1,790
Yes but i want to know if there any difference in sound between models.
Ok.
I thought the us5 is the us4 internals and specs (except for additional input and output (4.4mm)) , and the us5 pro was us4+
Or at least that was what i believed was announced

Either way, let us know

May 22, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #651 of 1,790
Ok.
I thought the us5 is the us4 internals and specs (except for additional input and output (4.4mm)) , and the us5 pro was us4+
Or at least that was what i believed was announced

Either way, let us know
I believe that the US 5 would be the same as the US 4+, but that that US 5 additionally possesses that 4.4 mm connector, and does not possess that relay volume control, that the US 4+, and that the US 5 Pro, possesses.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #653 of 1,790
I believe that the US 5 would be the same as the US 4+, but that that US 5 additionally possesses that 4.4 mm connector, and does not possess that relay volume control, that the US 4+, and that the US 5 Pro, possesses.
Yes

As i understand it *that does not go against how you explained it (I believe):
Us4 to us5 is 4.4 connector and extra rca inputs
Us4+ to us5 pro 4.4 connector

Hence us5 to us 5 pro gives you relay volume (and remote)

May 22, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #654 of 1,790
Will be my first niimbus, „blind buy“ based on the information in this thread.
It was my first blind purchase at this level….and I love it!!!

Next, you may need to look at what you you need to sell to afford the susvara. :)

The only think i would have liked is the remote so sometimes i think maybe i should have bought the us4+ but hey I can’t have everything and i have already out layed a lot. Having said that….a remote would have been a good bonus instead of me having to lean forward and manually rotate the volume knob as often as I do :)

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #655 of 1,790
Yes

Hence us5 to us 5 pro gives you relay volume (and remote

Next, you may need to look at what you you need to sell to afford the susvara. :)

The only think i would have liked is the remote so sometimes i think maybe i should have bought the us4+ but hey I can’t have everything and i have already out layed a lot. Having said that….a remote would have been a good bonus instead of me having to lean forward and manually rotate the volume knob as often as I do :)

That‘s very nice to hear, US 5 has also remote with motorized potentiometer instead of relay volume control.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #656 of 1,790
That‘s very nice to hear, US 5 has also remote with motorized potentiometer instead of relay volume control.
Ahhh… i did not it was motorised

Very nice bonus!!!!
#winning

(I did not need more inputs, ione rca and one balanced was enough for my use)

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #657 of 1,790
Yes

Hence us5 to us 5 pro gives you relay volume (and remote)
I believe that that US 5 possesses all of the features that that US 4+ previously had possessed.

Consequently, I believe that that US 5 also possesses that remote, that control for the balance for the amplifier, and those buttons that are within the front panel, that are for changing the inputs, and that are for changing the outputs.

May 22, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #658 of 1,790
@swissheadphonelover
I am sure you will not be disappointed. It is build to be very flexible for the input as well for driving cans of a wide range of efficiency. I am running it with HD-800S and Susvaras with great results. It is very transparent, just recently introduced a new DAC which shines through in the most beautiful way.

If you do have a question or an issue Mr. Reim is extremely helpful and open.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #659 of 1,790
I believe that that US 5 possesses all of the features that that US 4+ previously had possessed.

Consequently, I believe that that US 5 also possesses that remote, that control for the balance for the amplifier, and those buttons that are within the front panel, that are for changing the inputs, and that are for changing the outputs.
Yes. The buttons on the back don’t bother me at all

But the remote……….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back